Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Did the 2 singing sisters who had Cystic Fibrosis make it in? I haven't watched it yet.
    yes

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I am glad they made it. But the air guitar guys, nah. Couldn't watch that for an hour.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Anyone watch last night? I think my favorite was Fighting Gravity though they had a few blips. I also like the little hip hop boys for the cute factor. I hope these 2 make it through.

In the "ok it they make it, but not upset if they don't " category: The girl dance group was ok - i agree with Sharon that I like that they come up with stuff that is not cheesy or age inappropriate. Christina and Ali were ok, a little off, not awful, not headliner quality. Nate Kenyon was better than I expected -- I felt bad for him having a throat infection on the biggest night of his life, but he worked his way through it with much better performing. Hot Shot Tap was pretty good too - much better than in Vegas. The Kung Fu's were just ok, not that thrilling. I am not a big fan of Paul Safy - nice tone, but he lacks charisma for me.

Hand whistler, sexy painter, Air guitar totally need to go home. Nick the fire guy was dull to me so he can go too.

vCash
    I thought that Fighting Gravity were excellent, again. Applause. Yes, I saw a timing issue and an almost "dropsie" ... but they were still head-and-shoulders above the rest last night. Nothing against some of the acts to come (many of whom I'd enjoy in small doses / together in a "variety show" of sorts), but as it stands FG are the only act among the top 48 that I'd actually pay to see perform a solo 90-minute/2-hour show. (With full-time dedication to their act, the FG guys could make that a heckuva light show.)

May as well vote all of the cute and/or sick kids through along with FG, because the adults -- including both male singers who wouldn't make American Idol's Hollywood cut -- were hum-drum at best. The kid acts were nothing special, but hey it'll be a hoot to watch them squeal and celebrate when they get advanced.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I've watched sporadically this season and so last night was the first time to see some of these acts. Almost all of them were disappointing, to varying degrees.

I missed Fighting Gravity before and was really excited to see them...and was quite underwhelmed. I do think what they do is unique and potentially lovely to watch. I'm sure they'll get through and hope they have a better performance next time.

Hot Shot Tap Dancers are the only ones I voted for. I hope Melinda from SYTYCD was watching - that's how you do tap set to contemporary music.

I don't get painter lady's appeal. I mean, the sexy stuff, sure, but the painting isn't that incredible. I do appreciate what she's trying to do after hearing her speak about it, and that she is trying to push what she does to another level, but seeing her flop around in the water was neither interesting nor sexy. and yet the judges still liked it

Hand whistler lady is a real pistol, but I doubt she'll move on. She's there because what she does is quirky and she's got an interesting personality/character.

First time seeing the CF sisters - I caught the very end of the results last night, but didn't see them sing. They were so far off key I had to mute it for the end. I can't believe they were put through ahead of the homeless vets group - that group wasn't the best in their initial audition but I'd rather hear/see them than the sisters. I was embarrassed for them.

Agree with Sharon that the pre-teen girls are good dancers and did a good age-appropriate routine (not idiotic and cutely, not sexy), but I also think that going little girl shmaltz or precociously sexy would have had a better chance of getting votes.

The fire guy who got a second chance? Completely blew it. That was awful. And then he was argumentative. Buh-bye.

The Justin Bieber haircut guy I remember from his first audition. I'll give him a pass on the singing since he was sick, but that song was terrible.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I don't get the painter either - her act is unique and she certainly has other assets that might appeal to certain people, but she is a terrible painter. 90 seconds is more than I need to see. I think she thought she'd blown it and was surprised they liked it.

vCash
    Yeah, her painting is the kind of thing you'd pay a couple of bucks to have someone do on the boardwalk when you're bored and easily amused...and the painting would go in a drawer once you're home, or right in the trash with a "why did I get this stupid thing?".
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    First time seeing the CF sisters - I caught the very end of the results last night, but didn't see them sing. They were so far off key I had to mute it for the end. I can't believe they were put through ahead of the homeless vets group - that group wasn't the best in their initial audition but I'd rather hear/see them than the sisters. I was embarrassed for them.
    this, I'm sorry one is sick and all but they are awful. the homeless vets were much easier on the ears.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I thought that last night was a total let down.
    Ali and Christina - overpowered by their background music, sang off key in the beginning
    Future Funk - were so out of sync, I was embarassed for them and thought it was something that you could see on any street corner.
    Kung-Fu group - uh, Yuck not impressed even as a exhibition number
    Paul Safy - uh lounge singer who seemed a little sleazy
    Fire Guy - totally blew it and then talked back to Piers
    Tap Dancers - ok, not great
    Fighting Gravity - good, interesting
    Whistler - Off Key, poor tone at times
    RNG - nice dance recital stuff
    Nate - too bad about the throat infection, not the best song choice
    Mariclar - I had no idea why she was put through in the first rounds, let alone to the finals. Oh, yeah, her assets
    Air Guys - they blew it big with that choice and missed a quite few air movements

My predictions for moving into the final round (only 4 move on this week?):
    Future Funk
    Fighting Gravity
    Hand Whistler
    Nate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Future Funk
    Fighting Gravity

Hand Whistler
    Nate
    I think that these three are locks. But, I'd be shocked to see Miss Sally (heh, "Oz" flashback) there over the sick sisters, the girls dancers, or the more deserving tappers.

vCash
    Agree that Future Funk, Fighting Gravity and Nate are a lock. I'm hoing that the Tappers get the 4th spot, but I fear that the sick sisters will. I don't think Hand Whistler will.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I pretty much slept through the last hour and only caught the end of FG. I agree with Beefy that they're the only ones I'd pay to go see in a show. I think the sister act can have a career in gospel music and could get a record contract. They won't win this show. FF are too cute, but only once. The 2nd chance guy totally blew it.

I hope FG goes through. I don't care who else does, but I did like the tapping siblings.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

JEWELS.
    vCash
    I mostly care about Fighting Gravity and I liked the tappers. I was not that excited about the rest of the acts.

Because she is a girl among three guys, my eye tends to be drawn to the sister tapper during the performance but I think the brothers are better performers than she is.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Constantine is still hot.

I really felt sorry for Paul standing there between two kid acts. He knew he was doomed before they called his name. Future Funk is cute, but I think I'd have gone with Sharon and the girls. Overall, the four through were who I expected to be more or less.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Future Funk is cute, but I think I'd have gone with Sharon and the girls. Overall, the four through were who I expected to be more or less.
    I agree. I really liked RNG a lot. Yes, Future Funk is very charismatic but I still wouldn't pay to see 90 minutes of uncoordinated dancing. Plus, my heart cringed when Future Funk danced on top of the grand pianos. Sorry, piano is very important to me, and I personally think they were being completely disrespectful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Future Funk
    Fighting Gravity
    Hand Whistler
    Nate
    3/4 ain't bad

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    numbers, who was the 4th?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    The sisters with cystic fibrosis who sang.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    Christina & Ali, the singing sisters. I have to say, a heartwarming and touching story.......but, they are average at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    The sisters with cystic fibrosis who sang.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Agree that Future Funk, Fighting Gravity and Nate are a lock. I'm hoping that the Tappers get the 4th spot, but I fear that the sick sisters will.
    never underestimate the pull of schmaltz (song choice) + sob story

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast