Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I live in Southern Louisiana, so NO! Perhaps you could for the 2 weeks in the fall and spring when the temp is just right and there is no humidity. It is then too cold or too hot and almost always TOO WET. A lot of people have their homes nearly ruined after hurricanes because they open their windows and leave them open at night and too much moisture gets into the house from the humidity, wall paper will just fall off the wall and furniture and flooring can be ruined.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Yes, in the spring, summer and fall, unless it gets too hot to sleep.
    Gone crazy. Be back soon.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I like to open the windows for a few hours before we go to sleep but close them for the night--way too cold year around here plus too noisy in the morning. Birds start chirping at 4:30 or so, even before sunrise. Loudly.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    We do when we can (temperature is right). We put the fan in the bedroom window until bedtime, then close the window in the bedroom but keep the master bathroom window open through the night. The bathroom is at the back of the house, while the bedroom is at the front. So keeping the bathroom window open and closing the bedroom window provides more privacy. I love having windows open, much prefer it to AC, but wish I could somehow keep the windows open and the curtains closed.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I like to open the windows for a few hours before we go to sleep but close them for the night--way too cold year around here plus too noisy in the morning. Birds start chirping at 4:30 or so, even before sunrise. Loudly.
    That reminds me of how we used to keep our windows open all the time in the spring/summer/fall at college because there was no AC in the dorm buildings. One morning I was already up early when this crow landed right on our windowsill and started cawing away - the roomie sat up, yelled "Shut up, bird!" and promptly fell over and went back to sleep.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I sleep with the window open in spring and fall (and sometimes into early winter), but for the 6-8 weeks of unbearable summer we get each year, it's A/C all the way.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    One of the reasons I love summer in the trailer park is it is so cool I can sleep with the windows open and get fresh air--something I haven't been able to do since I was a child. At home the rest of the year I never do, even when the weather is nice--too scary, noisy, or allergen full .
    Boi Bumba!!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    That reminds me of how we used to keep our windows open all the time in the spring/summer/fall at college because there was no AC in the dorm buildings. One morning I was already up early when this crow landed right on our windowsill and started cawing away - the roomie sat up, yelled "Shut up, bird!" and promptly fell over and went back to sleep.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    When it's warm enough I do. I like to have a little breeze coming in.

It's been raining every other damn day though lately, so it's been way too freaking humid and I've had to turn on the AC which I don't like doing because it gets too cold too fast.

Stupid bipolar North Dakota weather.

vCash
    I keep the bedroom window open for a few hours before going to sleep. Outside there is a bit traffic and many birds in the morning... I don´t have to worry about birds, squirrels or insects coming in as I have a mosquito net on all my ventilation windows. It makes life a lot easier as I´m really afraid of bees, LOL...

vCash
    Always. Even during the coldest winter. Then I sleep with two duvets but I need the fresh air.

I think it is not really good for the walls or something to have the windows open in winter? but I don't care. I just need it!

vCash
    Until it gets too hot or cold. Love the fresh air and bird songs.

vCash
    I like to leave the windows open at night in the very brief window of time around here when it's neither too cold nor too friggin' hot and humid.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    I don't have AC, so I do sleep with the windows open -- however, I keep them closed during the day. Security isn't an issue since I open them from the top and only about 1/4 of the way down, which is about 9-10 feet above ground level from outside. My mother's college roommate insisted on sleeping with the window open all through the winter (in upstate New York!). My mother endured it, but insisted that the roommate get up well before she did every morning to close it. I would have tried to get another roommate.

vCash
    I grew up in a household with an alarm system attached to all of the windows and doors, so I am trained to think or ask before opening anything. And my parents love air-conditioning.

Whenever I search for a new apartment, I always refuse to consider ground floor apartments. The primary reason is safety. I don't want to feel the need to close and lock my windows before I take a shower, for example.

Now I live on the second floor of a building. I have an alarm system connected to my entrance door and patio door. When I asked the installers if there also is an alarm on the bedroom window, they replied "we can do it, but it's unlikely someone will try to enter that way". So now I can open and close the window whenver I want : .

But I only have it open when it is below 50 degrees Fahrenheit. The outdoor part of my A/C is next to the window, and if it is not below 74 degrees in the home, I cannot sleep well.

On a side note, I need to decide if I should replace my patio screen door with a slight tear in the screen (covered up with tape at the moment ) or just replace the screen itself, somehow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    On a side note, I need to decide if I should replace my patio screen door with a slight tear in the screen (covered up with tape at the moment ) or just replace the screen itself, somehow.
    You can have the screen repaired at any glass company. They'd simply put new screening on your existing frame. 100% new.

Another option, although you'd see this fix - get a screen repair kit from a place like The Home Depot, and put a patch over the torn bit. You'll see the repair, but it does look better than a tear.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    As soon as the landlord has the window company come in and measure our windows and install screens we will sleep with our windows open. Until then our windows stay shut even during the day. I love getting fresh air in the house.. there's nothing better

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Sometimes (with screens) when its cool - but not often because I get allergies and wake up with my eyes all swollen.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123