Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Open if it's not too hot. I hate AC, but sometimes it's necessary to suck the humidity out of the air.

vCash
    I try to, but on many nights one of my thoughtless neighbors ruins things by smoking outside and/or lets their little yappy dogs out (condominium complex).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity View Post
    I try to, but on many nights one of my thoughtless neighbors ruins things by smoking outside and/or lets their little yappy dogs out (condominium complex).
    My husband does that ! he likes to sit out on the deck with a cigar and a glass of wine. If I leave the upstairs windows open, the whole house stinks! But, if I close them, in this heat, it's stifling.

vCash
    I live on a very busy street, so no. There's already enough noise from outside with the windows closed!

vCash
    I love sleeping with the windows wide open and I have screens. Unfortunately, I now have a cat who hates screens and she is quite capable of taking the screen out by shifting her weight and claws. If that doesn't work, she puts a hole in the screen. It's a bit too early for mosquitoes, but I'll be cursing next month. I much preferred the old windows that had screens that you could move up and down. Even on the hottest nights - it's great to have the windows open wide.

vCash
    I've always kept the windows open, even when I lived in not so great neighborhoods, except on those few occasions when I was alone in a not so great neighborhood. Once, the hubby and I fell asleep at around 5pm and slept right through the night and left the porch door wide open with all our stuff right in the living room. That was years ago....

Our windows in our new den/converted into bedroom due to impending child's arrival are too high to sneak in anyway and the rest of our windows are too small to really sneak in. We have a window A/C unit when it gets really awful here, but that's not very often in NE.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    never, I don't like the outdoors or murderers
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I thankfully live on the 2nd floor in the middle of nowhere... so open windows it is! I don't have fans or AC, but lots of windows that get a great cross breeze. Love fresh air!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Do you live in an apartment? If so get the super to un-stick it. If you live in a house, please un-stick it yourself. That could be a fire hazard!
    If I was going to be there forever I would get something done about it. As I am only there until my own place is built, I couldn't be bothered. Anyway I got by okay last summer and it is now winter here. I don't particularly care one way or the other.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    If I was going to be there forever I would get something done about it. As I am only there until my own place is built, I couldn't be bothered. Anyway I got by okay last summer and it is now winter here. I don't particularly care one way or the other.
    But, I will worry about you having a stuck window and that you might have to get out through it. I guess you could always break it if you had to.

vCash
    I like sleeping with the windows open and will till it gets too hot.

Though, last weekend I discovered that thanks to annoying neighbours who put their garbage out early we have a ton of raccoons around. I woke up in the middle of the night to a rustling outside on my deck and discovered that a couple of raccoons had raided someone's garbage and brought it up onto my deck to have a feast. One of them seemed to be showing too much interest in the window (probably because my cat was there staring out at it), so now I have to make sure that any of the windows that can be accessed from the deck have to be closed. Sadly, that is half of my windows.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Fall, Winter, and Spring I sleep with windows and balcony doors wide open. Yes I do have screens. Summer, I have everything shut up and the air conditioning on. I love the fresh air, but I cannot sleep if it is over 50-55 degrees at night.

vCash
    When I'm in NYC, no. I've had street-facing rooms for the past three years, which is a thousand times better than the air-shaft, but is also incredibly loud when you live right off of Broadway.

When I'm home in suburbia, though, I absolutely love leaving the windows open on a warm (not hot) summer night. I love the fresh air and the breeze coming through the open window.

vCash
    I hate turning on my A.C., but my threshold is about 70 degrees. Otherwise, I do open the window in my room during the tiny period of time that it doesn't get too cold or too hot at night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    But, I will worry about you having a stuck window and that you might have to get out through it. I guess you could always break it if you had to.
    I will deal with that if it came to it.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    My building uses steam heat, and sometimes, even in the depth of winter, it can get intolerably hot. So my windows are pretty much open year round.

vCash
    I live on a very busy street, so no, I do not sleep with the windows open. In fact, we've put in new modern (double glazed) windows, plus added insulation to the exterior wall (there had been none), and now, with the windows closed, I sleep like a baby.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I will deal with that if it came to it.
    Nice, let me worry

I'm teasing you. But my daughter had to live in an apartment in someone's house for a while. And her window was stuck shut for a while, it gave me nightmares. So, I do worry about things like that . Of course I worry about most everything, it's probably what I do best .

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    never, I don't like the outdoors or murderers

I used to sleep with the windows open, but now it's too loud for me. We have a bird problem, plus there are railroad tracks less than a mile from our apartment.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    No, I have too many allergies. The oak tree next door would do me in.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast