Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceKween View Post
    Bowmans's final amateur performance at 1992 Worlds:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHBCT...eature=related
    I have to wonder if he is on cocaine here. The drama queen reaction to a fall, and really the entirety of his program. This is not a sober individual. Never could get a guestimate of his pupils, the camera didn't give us a good shot.
    I'd be interested to read his memoir.

It wasn't a drama queen reaction, I remember watching this live on tv and seeing Chris leave the arena in a wheelchair, he dislocated his knee when he hit the boards. From what I remember reading, Chris always stopped using drugs a few weeks prior to events so he could pass drug screening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Most marriages in the world are arranged ones and the success rate of them is significantly higher than those which are not.

How absurd that his family thinks she would steal his body. She would need a court order to have him exhumed and those are not easy to get. $$$$$$$$. Love of money is the root of all evil. His ending was sad enough without being made more so by this. I do hope the autobiography is published or made into a film, assuming it is authentic.
    Let's see who could play Chris and who Frank?
    If she is his executor. If she pays the freight, she can get the body exhumed. It isn't hard.

The woman whose house we bought in NY was a second wife. Her husband was buried next to his first wife, in the Jewish cemetery, since that is what his will specified, and his kids were contesting everything. She was Catholic. Finally all the contests were settled, and subsequently, she died. She donated most of what she owned to the Catholic Church, with the proviso that her husband be disinterred and buried next to her in the Catholic Cemetery. I didn't think you could do that, but she did.

The church bought a carillion with the money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    It wasn't a drama queen reaction, I remember watching this live on tv and seeing Chris leave the arena in a wheelchair, he dislocated his knee when he hit the boards. From what I remember reading, Chris always stopped using drugs a few weeks prior to events so he could pass drug screening.
    I was there in the arena, and you could hear the impact. How you could *not* overreact to that, I don't know.

having a nice day
    vCash
    Thanks for the video link. That's still the most courageous skating I've seen in my life.

vCash
    I thought he was brave to continue, not being a drama queen. Peggy said she thought he was injured almost immediately so it must have been pretty apparent.

vCash
    I seem to recall that April Freeman posted here at FSU at one time. It may have been right after Christopher passed away, or it may have been after he'd had a brush with the law.

Does anyone else remember this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    I thought he was brave to continue, not being a drama queen. Peggy said she thought he was injured almost immediately so it must have been pretty apparent.
    I agree. It's kind of mean to call that drama queenery when he was clearly hurting. Props to him for finishing.

PS: That wasn't Peggy, that was Sandra ( I'd know her shrill voice anywhere). If it was Peggy she'd just say he was feeling the music and looks nice, and leave it at that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    IME, a "marriage of convenience" in this context is "I sleep with whomever I want and my spouse doesn't complain too badly for whatever reason."
    Works for Clintons....

I wonder how many people would be interested in reading his postmortem biography…. And if the legal fight between “wife” and “mistress” will be primarily over his notes…… It maybe over “nothing”.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12