Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    Weasley
    ^^This.

vCash
    Weasley is a cute idea.

My roommates now all want me to name him Skittles, and another friend is insisting on Pippin, which I kind of like.

My dad wants me to name him after Dennis Hopper

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    picture # 3 is gorgeous, such a sweet face
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I really like Pippin.

My friend has a cat named Loki, which is a name I really like.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Can't suggest a name but can say "Awwwwwww".

I called my previous ginger cat "Champers". Because when he was a kitten he was a pale ginger colour.

My current black and white boy is called Joubert.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Awwwww...he is adorable!!

As far as names, I agree with the poster who said that ideas for names will start flying as his personality develops.

"Weasley" is cute, but (thanks to FSU ), I always think of Kevin Reynolds when I hear that name .

"Ginger" is completely unoriginal and generic .

I like the suggestion of "Dexter" . Other names that came to my mind are Angus, Alistair (Al or Alli for short), Oliver (Ollie for short).

As a play on names, what about Orange Julius Caesar?

I've always liked the idea of naming pets after favorite (or interesting) names from Literature -- either characters or authors. One of my old roommates adopted two male kittens that were brothers. They were both adorable, but their favorite activity was scrapping with one another. She named them Mercutio and Tybalt . Fortunately, their scrapping never escalated to the level of the characters in Romeo and Juliet.

Going with the literary characters/authors theme, off the top of my head, what about:

- Mr. Darcy
    - Lord Byron
    - Beowulf
    - Puck (though that ass clown from The Real World may have forever ruined that name)
    - Elliott (as in T.S.)
    - Atticus (or maybe Finch?)
    - D'Artagnan (Artie or Tag for short)
    - Heathcliff (though wasn't that the name of a cartoon cat or dog?)
    - Zaphod Beeblebrox (though you'd have to be a fan of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to want that name. The potential for nicknames is endless though - Zaphy, Beeb, B-brox, etc.)
    - Sir(s) Lancelot, Gallahad, Perceval (Percy for short)
    - Gatsby
    - Poe
    - Deckard (the Protagonist from Philip K. Dick's novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, more commonly known as Blade Runner)
    - Dante
    - Othello

Er.......sorry about the long list - I was having fun with ideas and got carried away
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Must be the red hair, but as soon as I saw the pictures of your kitty I thought of Jenni Meno!!

INTJ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I've always liked the idea of naming pets after favorite (or interesting) names from Literature -- either characters or authors. One of my old roommates adopted two male kittens that were brothers. They were both adorable, but their favorite activity was scrapping with one another. She named them Mercutio and Tybalt . Fortunately, their scrapping never escalated to the level of the characters in Romeo and Juliet.
    I had a cat named Tybalt! I got him in high school after I had just read Romeo & Juliet and there was a line the read "Tybalt, you rat-catcher!" I thought it was apt for a cat

vCash
    I think 'Piglet' is a very cute name for a cat.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    Awww... so cute! I have two ginger cats (Mango and Hoover)... and they basically ended up picking their own names (Mango was Captain for a couple days, and Hoover was Hal until the moment I saw him inhale a dish of kibble in 10 seconds).

If you are still pondering skate inspired names, there's always "Toepick" ... then you can call him in a Cutting Edge style voice.

vCash
    Beautiful kitten, Michiruwater!

vCash
    You could name him Puck. It's literary.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Puck makes me think of the Glee hottie and somehow that just doesn't work

I have no idea why the Humane Society thought he was undersocialized. He's everywhere and loves people and isn't even slightly shy. We cut him off in my room for yesterday and last night but I think we might open up more of the apartment sooner... he wants to get out!

Cyn's list is awesome but we've used half of those in the past My dad's an English/literature Professor. My name is Charlotte Emily after the Brontes My sister had a particularly adorable little feisty puppy named Atticus last summer who unfortunately was hit by a car when he was still a baby and she's still not over it

vCash
    I have 2 cats like yours....they're 9 and 11 and your pictures take me back to when they were that cute! I named one of my cats Oz. We play the "great and powerful Oz" game weekly and the "disregard that cat behind the curtains game."
    Last edited by skipaway; 05-30-2010 at 03:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    I had a cat named Tybalt! I got him in high school after I had just read Romeo & Juliet and there was a line the read "Tybalt, you rat-catcher!" I thought it was apt for a cat
    Tybalt is also known as the King of Cats.

My Peanut is a muted ginger color, but her brother was bright orange like you as yet unnamed kitteh.

(I named her Peanut because she was so tiny next to Finley.)

Congrats on your new kitty.

vCash
    Pushkin.

Then he can be a Pushy cat.

vCash
    I have two cats (and I know there are people who might have a fit about this, but..) named Hitler and Mussolini. Because Kitty Hitler has a black smudge under his nose, and the other one I just suggested the name to go with Hitler. My mom and dad's cat's name is Pandora and my sister's cat's name is Crazy Hazel. Our last cat before The Dictators was Pearl.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Every cat we’ve ever had starts off with an “official” name that’s on the veterinary records, but each “found” its own name. For example, our last kitty had a given name of L.B.Kittenface, but the name we “found” was “The Poot.” It’s hard to explain, but long-time cat owners might understand.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Chanterelle or Chantie/Chanie for short.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNaoWat? View Post
    I have two cats (and I know there are people who might have a fit about this, but..) named Hitler and Mussolini. Because Kitty Hitler has a black smudge under his nose, and the other one I just suggested the name to go with Hitler. My mom and dad's cat's name is Pandora and my sister's cat's name is Crazy Hazel. Our last cat before The Dictators was Pearl.
    I nearly fell out of my chair when I read your post.....my Ex's cat (that he had for 16 years before we married and who outlived said marriage) was named Mussolini - never in my life did I ever expect to find anyone with a cat who had the same name.

His other cats over the years were named Theodore Roosevelt, Miles Davis, and Chakri (who was a Siamese cat).

Our first cat was named Banshee (who earned that name by being a very, VERY vocal kitten); we also had a cat named Gonzo (for some reason, it just fit his personality), and we currently have three cats, named Luci aka BitchCat, Sharpie TC (TC short for "The Cat" so as not to be confused with FSU's SHARPIE ), and Mouschi MC (MC as she's a Maine Coon).

Mouschi is named after the cat that lived with Anne Frank and her Family (along with the Van Daams and Mr. Dussell) in The Secret Annex -- their Mouschi belonged to Peter Van Daam). When I researched the the name, I found out that "Mouschi" is a Dutch term meaning "beloved pet, usually a cat."
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast