Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    RIP and Goddess Bless Dennis Hopper. He was one of my heroes and model social outcasts at a very young age - and a true social outcast in that always distinguished himself from popular stands.

I loved "Easy Riders", just a brilliant movie. And in "Hoosiers", where he hits bottom, in "Apocalypse Now", when he was so out of it he couldn't remember his lines, and in the films he did later in life (like "Speed). He certainly was willing to dabble in the dark side and did so brilliantly.

I'm also probably one of the few people in the world who liked his film "The Last Movie", which somehow was the award for best film at the Venice Film Festival. He was drunk and/or stoned for most of the movie, which was made in Mexico, but to me the story and spiritual sensibility made sense - though anyone I've watched it with has disagreed (whereas I have seen it at least twice over the years).

I remember one scene in the movie where Hopper is driving down a road. The images changes to a screen with 'Scene Missing' on it and then goes back to Hopper driving down a road.

And then there was another scene with fellow alcoholics partying in Mexico, including Kris Kristoffersen and Michelle Phillips (whom Hopper was married to for eights days - he said that seven of them were actually quite good
    Last edited by Japanfan; 05-30-2010 at 11:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyfan View Post
    The first movie I remember seeing him in was Giant. Interesting bunch of folks in that movie.
    I also remember him in that movie and even in an earlier one: The Rebel Without A Cause.

vCash

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    The and of an era. I knew he was sick, but I was hoping that somehow he's going to beat the illness, just because he's Dennis Hopper.

R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    I always liked his acting, but his role in 'Blue Velvet' was strange, strange, strange.
    That whole movie was strange.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    One of the things that I'll always remember about Dennis Hopper is a conversation he had with his son (I think it was a son) when he was quite young. I don't remember it exactly, just the gist of it. I just found it when someone else described it on some blog in 2008:

Hopper said, after being questioned about which of his films he regrets the most, “I made a picture called Super Mario Bros., and my six-year-old son at the time — he’s now 18 — he said, ‘Dad, I think you’re probably a pretty good actor, but why did you play that terrible guy King Koopa in Super Mario Bros.?’ and I said, ‘Well Henry, I did that so you could have shoes,’ and he said, ‘Dad, I don’t need shoes that badly.’”

vCash
    I love him in Flashback with Keifer sutherland. I'm not the biggest fan of lot of his iconic movies as much as I should but there ware certain actors that get on my nerves in them. I think he was a blast in Water World (shows what I know about movies ). I love Dennis mostly for all the behind the scene stuff that I've watched. He really was entertaining. Isiers. Was he in
    Last edited by tarotx; 05-30-2010 at 03:27 PM.

vCash
    Not many actors can say that they were "a force" in the industry, from "Rebel Without A Cause", until the present.
    RIP!

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    I sort of feel like Dennis Hopper and Chris Walken belong in the same category: quirky, try anything, don't care about image. Gotta love it. I respect both of them for their unconventional choices and sense of adventure.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    What? You think they might burn it?
    He and/or his family got a restraining order to keep her away from him in the last few months. So with that level of animosity anything is possible...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12