vCash

Question Help needed to operate Super 8 movie projector

I recently found some family home movies in Super 8 containing many figure skating (ice dancing) competitions in Canada from the early 1960's which I would like to watch.

I was able to purchase a movie projector on eBay but it didn't come with an instruction manual and I haven't been able to get it to work - it has an automatic feed but I can't get it to accept the filmstrip without chewing it up.

Can anyone help me with instructions on how to operate a Bell & Howell AutoLoad model 471A Super 8 projector?

vCash
    Do you have a *real* photo/camera store near you? I mean, a store for people who are seriously into this stuff? I'd purchased a super 8 film camera and brought it to such a store, and they helped me tons.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    It's been a long time since I used a super-8 projector but it should be pretty straightforward and projector should not chew up the film strip. I'd look around for someone who knows how to operate your projector. It may take a while, but there are bound be some people somewhere who retain the knowledge.

vCash
    If you can't fix the problem, there are places which offer conversion of cine film onto DVD which might be worth looking at.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Here's a place that offers manuals for Bell and Howell products. The 471 is listed - $18. Scroll down.

http://www.photobooksonline.com/books/manual23.html
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.