Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Sex and the City 2: Is the buzz as dead as the Cosmopolitan?

Has FSU lost its gay! This movie has opened, inescapable promos surround us all ... and yet there is no SATC2 thread? At FSU?

Well, reviewers and bloggers are apparently tossing their metaphoric rotten fruit at this flick. True, the previews were eye-rolling ... what with the 2.5 hours running time, the discovery of Aiden thousands of miles away from Manhattan, the "girls" apparently with the same ol' problems, and of course the obviously ploying decision to create buzz/controversy by filming half of the movie in the Middle East.

But I say "so what?" The SATC1 was a piece of perfluffle that I barely remember past Charlotte's explosive diarrhea, Carrie's hideous wedding dress, and Gilles' schlong. And I still loved going to see it. Looking forward to enjoying this one too, alongside all the girls, gays, and random husbands/ boyfriends who were dragged from their hammocks with threats or promises of .

This one's got a Big Gay Wedding featuring LiZa singing "All the Single Ladies" ... that alone will make it memorable and quotable (if not good).

[Straight] male reviewers really hate SATC, don't they?

vCash
    Saw it last night. As with the first one, there was some genuine funny, but also some aspects that were just trying way too hard. I think fans of the show will enjoy just because. Others probably needn't bother, since much of the humor relies on the viewer "knowing" the characters.

vCash
    I think you would have to be a serious, serious SATC fan to have survived the hype and commercials for the last billion days.

I only know of one person going to see it and she happens to be my airhead niece. I love my niece, but she is really an airhead.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    This movie has opened, inescapable promos surround us all ... and yet there is no SATC2 thread? At FSU?
    Bueller?
    Bueller?
    Bueller?
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Saw the first movie because I liked most of the HBO series. Really disliked the movie....writers, cast totally sold out for quick bucks, IMO, and they made them. This looks worse. Going, for many, is probably a "ritual" for some friends to get together and try to relive old times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Saw the first movie because I liked most of the HBO series. Really disliked the movie....writers, cast totally sold out for quick bucks, IMO, and they made them. This looks worse. Going, for many, is probably a "ritual" for some friends to get together and try to relive old times.
    Same here. I enjoyed the TV series (wasn't a huge fan, but enjoyed it, especially the early seasons), but I thought the first movie was horrendous. It felt like six hours of listening to someone whine. If this one is worse, then . Also, at least according to RottenTomatoes.com, plenty of female critics didn't like SATC2 either.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I am absolutely friggin' thrilled that SATC is finally in theatres -- not because I liked the show or saw the first movie, but because it means that it will only be a short time before we will be spared from seeing those goddamn promos on every commercial break on every damn channel on TV (not to mention banner ads and popups on countless websites. For the past month, there's been no escaping them except to pick up a good book (provided it wasn't written by Candace Bushnell).
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    I haven't seen it yet, but it seems to be more about product placement than anything else. And the highlight of the film seems to be Liza singing "Single Ladies". And if that is the best part of the film, have mercy on them all....

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I am absolutely friggin' thrilled that SATC is finally in theatres -- not because I liked the show or saw the first movie, but because it means that it will only be a short time before we will be spared from seeing those goddamn promos on every commercial break on every damn channel on TV (not to mention banner ads and popups on countless websites. For the past month, there's been no escaping them except to pick up a good book (provided it wasn't written by Candace Bushnell).
    Holy crap, I've been saying the same exact thing!

Maybe you and I can be part of an Eff SU foursome? We just need two more.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post

We are not alone!! Sign me up!!

WRT to SATC, I have a strong hunch that Numbers123 will gladly sign on
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Maybe PRlady can be our Samantha?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I hate all things SATC but I am always thrilled when Liza with a Z gets work
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I've read a number of reviews and the general consensus is that this is a complete insult to the original TV show, the original characters, the middle east, women, and just people in general...

I won't be seeing it

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    I hate all things SATC but I am always thrilled when Liza with a Z gets work
    You want in?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    You want in?
    Can I make fun of SJP? She looks like a foot with 2 eyes drawn on it. And her hands are made of older parchment than the Declaration of Independence.

ooh Liza is going to be on with that shrew Joy Behar (she has a show, really?)
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I want to see it because those girls feel like old girlfriends I haven't seen in a while. It was so nice to see the first movie that I didn't care if it sucked. This one I am not running to because it hasn't been very long since I last got to "see" them all. I might even wait until it comes out on video.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    We are not alone!! Sign me up!!

WRT to SATC, I have a strong hunch that Numbers123 will gladly sign on
    You bet. I would be on that Tamale Train before it left the station

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I want to see it because those girls feel like old girlfriends I haven't seen in a while. It was so nice to see the first movie that I didn't care if it sucked. This one I am not running to because it hasn't been very long since I last got to "see" them all. I might even wait until it comes out on video.
    You have drank the SATC Kool-Aid....

vCash
    Saw it yesterday. As bad as the first. A few funny moments, a few boring moments, a couple really embarrassing moments. SJP looked bad. Not as bad as the first, but still.

Will probably buy the DVD when it comes out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Saw it yesterday. As bad as the first. A few funny moments, a few boring moments, a couple really embarrassing moments. SJP looked bad. Not as bad as the first, but still.

Will probably buy the DVD when it comes out.
    I didn't mind the first movie so much, but the series rocked, and nothing can change that.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast