vCash

Need tor rent an office and a computer for two days...suggestions?

I snarked earlier in the snark thread that I was unable to do my Web Expressions Training because I couldn't install it on my computer - it kept freezing up. Doing it at work is out of the question because of the Dept. of Homeland Security's policy on downloading programs to our work PCs. I had to reschedule for another day while they investigate the problem. But if it doesn't work, I was wondering, where could I go that would allow me to use a computer for two days max for my training sessions. I know you can rent office space, but where would I look? Any suggestions would be helpful.

vCash
    First, contact the company you're doing your Web Expressions training with. See if they have a local facility, and if so, if you can use it. If not, do they have relationships with any local facilities (other computer training companies, for example) where you could do the work?

A second option is to borrow a computer from a friend for a couple of days. You'd want the person to have a newer computer with lots of memory and power, and to have high speed web access.

There are corporate office rentals, both short and long term, that can come with computers and even help desk support. You'd need to check your local yellow pages/local yellow pages on the computer. Try something like "temporary office rentals", "short term office rentals," etc.

You could try local universities and community colleges. The University of Phoenix, for example, rents facilities out for events - maybe they'd rent you a room and a computer for a couple of days? I have no idea, but worth trying, if all else fails.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Kinko's
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Kinko's
    Do they still have the rental computers there? I'd forgotten about those. Could be a good idea - but ask if you can download the software and etc. If there are no Kinkos where you are, try other chain copy centers.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    The company I signed up with doesn't have any contacts in my city for me to call. There is an office rental place that charges $45 per hour. For my needs, that comes to $630. I left a message with the Community College's Corporate Solutions asking them to contact me. Every time I call Kinko's I get sent to FedEx. I'm really getting frustrated.

vCash
    Some hotels also offer office and computer rentals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    Great - do you know which ones?

vCash
    I don't think Kinkos lets you load software onto their systems. If you need to do that, maybe you could find someone on Craigslist who'd make a temporary loan in return for some $$?

FYI - Kinkos's is now "FedEx Office" -- FedEx bought them out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    My experience with hotel computer connections has been spotty. Sometimes they're slow.

vCash
    Webucator wants to do a conference call with me on Wednesday so they can take a look at my home PC, and hopefully fix the issue.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    there is a place downtown that has office space and stuff for people who work at home, I have the link saved someplace if you still need it
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I would try to find out what's wrong with the computer. If it won't install on your computer, it might be a sign that something is wrong with your computer. (Translation: Back up all important documents now!!)

If you go to a hotel or whatever, I doubt they'd let you download stuff onto their computers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    there is a place downtown that has office space and stuff for people who work at home, I have the link saved someplace if you still need it
    mlp, it would be great if you could send that to me, please. Thanks so much.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    You could also try calling up the local libraries.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!