Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    I remember Amanda Dobbs said she'll be keeping her Aranjuez program for her LP (with new choreo) and she'll be using Breakfast at Tiffany's for her short.
    I really like that choice of SP music for her! I bet it will be beautiful! I hope she's mastered that 3 flip by now, with more tech content I think she could be a force!

vCash
    According to the new SKATING magazine, Agnes Zawadzki's "short program will have a samba flavor and her free skate will be gypsy themed, although the music is still being finalized."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I really like that choice of SP music for her! I bet it will be beautiful! I hope she's mastered that 3 flip by now, with more tech content I think she could be a force!
    Amanda debuted her short program a couple of weeks ago at the Central Valley Open and landed the 3 Flip in the program. She and Joe also put out their short program at the event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fogerty View Post
    Amanda debuted her short program a couple of weeks ago at the Central Valley Open and landed the 3 Flip in the program. She and Joe also put out their short program at the event.
    Amanda . This makes me happy. I'm curious to see if Christina attempts 3f-3t at Skate Detriot in July.

vCash
    I don't know if anyone has posted this, but..

I have heard that Mirai Nagasu is skating her SP to Witches of Eastwick, and that it "may go down as one of the best SPs of all time" (not my quote). I read it over at icenetwork and posted this at GoldenSkate also.

Good music though!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fogerty View Post
    Do you know what music she and Joe are using for their SP?
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    ......Agnes Zawadzki's ....free skate will be gypsy themed, although the music is still being finalized."

Dear Lord, anything but Dark Eyes, please.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I'm honestly a bit tentative on the samba SP, to be honest. It can work well, but it can also be very white girl and awkward. It's something that's rarely done well - I'm thinking Mroz's attempt at a Latin themed program, which failed spectacularly, while Ryan Bradley can typically pull those type of programs off very well.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I'm honestly a bit tentative on the samba SP, to be honest. It can work well, but it can also be very white girl and awkward. It's something that's rarely done well - I'm thinking Mroz's attempt at a Latin themed program, which failed spectacularly, while Ryan Bradley can typically pull those type of programs off very well.
    Didn't Alexe have an african bongo/congo LP a couple years ago? I remember it was kind of boring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I liked Sarah Meier's samba SP, I think it was fun. But I don't know if it will work for Agnes...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I don't know if anyone has posted this, but..

I have heard that Mirai Nagasu is skating her SP to Witches of Eastwick, and that it "may go down as one of the best SPs of all time" (not my quote). I read it over at icenetwork and posted this at GoldenSkate also.

Good music though!
    Do you have any links? I'm just hoping Mirai isn't peaking too soon in her career...

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Do you have any links? I'm just hoping Mirai isn't peaking too soon in her career...
    I posted a link to this unconfirmed source at IceNetwork's forum on the previous page: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...5&postcount=76

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I posted a link to this unconfirmed source at IceNetwork's forum on the previous page: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...5&postcount=76

Whoops, sorry!! That totally just went right over my head. Typical of me

vCash
    From what Eislauffan posted in the "From Russia with Love" thread, it appears Adelina Sotnikova is keeping her waltz SP from last year and Anna Ovcharova is reportedly skating to "Chicago or Cabaret". They both will likely be on the JGP next season.

I was at CSKA (Anna Ovcharova is there, for example), but I didn't take pictures of Artem Grigoriev and Adelina Sotnikova. Artem was polishing his new FS program with the help of choreographer Sergei Petukhov. The program was done by Tatiana Tarasova. Artem was as musical and artistic as always. Adelina apparently kept her Waltz SP. She looked good.
    Anna Ovcharova: I didn't talk to her. She was working on a fun program (sounded like "Chicago" or "Cabaret"), and she really sold it.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Tamar Katz
    SP: Layenda, by Vanessa Mae
    LP: Scheherazade, by Rimsky-Korsakov
    http://www.tamarkatz.com/index.php?id=4

Denis Ten gave some hint about the music:
    http://twitter.com/Tenis_Den/status/15692400221
    Any guesses?

And hint about Daisuke Takashi's music:
    "a famous classical score composed during the romantic period"
    http://tony-wheeler.blogspot.com/201...iel-start.html

wannabe flower-girl
    Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Oberstdorf anymore...
    vCash
    Elena Glebova keeps the music to her LP (Capriccio Espagnol) but has a new corepgraphy to it. No word on the SP yet.
    http://www.elenaglebova.com/en/

Now the question is, if she keeps the carpet-costume just as well, I'm still undecided on that one, if I like it or hate it.

vCash
    I wonder why SO MANY skaters are keeping their programs. Aren't they sick of it after one season? And more importantly, aren't skaters just by chosing to be skaters naturally also artistic and actually LIKE to make new programs?
    This really puzzles me.
    I can only think that too many rely on the famous few choreographers and they just cost too much so they are keeping a program over and over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I wonder why SO MANY skaters are keeping their programs. Aren't they sick of it after one season?
    I would be. And of some music choices I'd be sick of it after a week

And more importantly, aren't skaters just by chosing to be skaters naturally also artistic and actually LIKE to make new programs?
    One would think and hope but honestly, only a small percentage seems to be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Do you know what music she and Joe are using for their SP?
    They are keeping their short from last year - "Layenda" by Vanessa Mae.

vCash
    Some additional program info on Drew Meekins and Sarah Brannen's Inside Edge Blog on Icenetwork.com with respect to future programs for Yankowskas and Coughlin, and Agnes Zawadzki

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

and some interesting comments by Patrick Chan.

""I met Christy [Krall] in Florida at a seminar, and I thought she really helped a lot. I came here to see her, and while I was here my coach kind of resigned and didn't want to coach me any more. Christy took me under her wing, which was really nice because she doesn't want to coach any more full-time students, so she made a lot of sacrifices to teach me."

Unlike in Florida, where he was skating by himself and had to self-motivate, Chan finds the busy training atmosphere in Colorado stimulating. "

Does anyone know what really happened to cause this rift?

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast