Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Oh, now I remember exactly who this girl is (she looks a lot more grown up here than at nationals), she's the one who wuzrobbed in the FS, landing 5 triples and getting a score of 74 .
    From what I remember, the low score was due to a lot of downgrades. Cesario may benefit from the new downgrade scoring policy in 2010-11.

vCash
    Every single "triple" was downgraded, so I hardly see her as being robbed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Every single "triple" was downgraded, so I hardly see her as being robbed.
    Yeah but you couldn't tell that from the feed, I had just assumed they were ratified, then knew that something must have happened when the score was so low. Mirai had the same problem last year and the little Korean skater Min-Jung got all her triples downgraded at Worlds, kinda a harsh system but at least next year the penalty for UR triples won't be so bad.

vCash
    Cesario has had a lot of issues in the past with URs - Nationals wasn't the first time it had happened. 2/5 triples (3Lz, 3F) were downgraded in her performance at Regionals; 2/4 (3Lz, 3T) in her sectionals free skate. She also fell on an UR 3S at Nationals last year (as a junior)
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    However, it should be noted that none of Cesario's 6 triples landed -- Lz(!), F, S (3 total), T -- were downgraded in her Junior SP & FS at 2010 Gardena Spring Trophy. (Sorry for continuing the OT.)

vCash
    True, maybe she worked on that after Nationals

vCash
    Adam Rippon tweeted that he will be working on his LP with David Wilson tomorrow. I asked him for clues as to the music. I doubt I'll get one.
    Last edited by sk9tingfan; 06-08-2010 at 09:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    True, maybe she worked on that after Nationals
    Judging from that clip I'd say so, she looks really good, flip and loop are new jumps for her this season and she landed a few nice ones in that practice video. Hopefully we'll see her on JGP.

vCash
    I've always enjoyed Samantha's skating, even from the Juvenile level. IIRC she made nationals as a juv. and int, but missed novice. Then she came back strong as a junior, won regionals, third at sectionals, and sixth at nationals. Her "Tosca" FS was really excellent, and she even finished 4th in the FS at nationals. Taking point loss into account, if she had not fallen on that UR salchow aforementioned, she would have won the free skate. She has a very neat and clean style, with good use of edges and arms. I'm happy she's finally starting to get recognized by USFS with her Gardena assignment, and her win there can only help her. If she skates decently at Liberty with a 3Lo in the short, I'm sure USFS would be inclined to give her at least one JGP. I feel like her skating is more mature than many of the Russian babies, and that might give her a PCS advantage, where she lacks the 3-3 combos. However, from the above video, she does appear to be making significant improvements in that area too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Adam Rippon tweeted that he will be working on his LP with David Wilson tomorrow. I asked him for clues as to the music. I doubt I'll get one.
    Yeah, I asked him last year for music clues and got no response.
    Check out my figure skating blog out at:
    http://videoreplayartistry.blogspot.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I've always enjoyed Samantha's skating, even from the Juvenile level. IIRC she made nationals as a juv. and int, but missed novice. Then she came back strong as a junior, won regionals, third at sectionals, and sixth at nationals. Her "Tosca" FS was really excellent, and she even finished 4th in the FS at nationals. Taking point loss into account, if she had not fallen on that UR salchow aforementioned, she would have won the free skate. She has a very neat and clean style, with good use of edges and arms. I'm happy she's finally starting to get recognized by USFS with her Gardena assignment, and her win there can only help her. If she skates decently at Liberty with a 3Lo in the short, I'm sure USFS would be inclined to give her at least one JGP. I feel like her skating is more mature than many of the Russian babies, and that might give her a PCS advantage, where she lacks the 3-3 combos. However, from the above video, she does appear to be making significant improvements in that area too.
    Nice post , some very good points. I think she could do very well for herself on the JGP, the judges seem to award the more sophisticated and/or mature skaters with higher PCS and this girl doesn't seem to have any particular weak areas in her skating (except URs which she seems to be fixing). Plus the Russian babies won't all compete at the same events, so there's a good chance this girl could make the final. Last season Ellie did 2f in her SP all season and still made the final, and Anna bombed her first JGP event and still made the final because she did very well at her second. It will be interesting to see how the american ladies stack up next to the russians this season on the jgp.

vCash
    Kate Charbonneau (CAN)

SP: "Malaguena"
    FS: "Hymn to Love"

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Kate Charbonneau (CAN)

I love her and her style.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    I love her and her style.
    Me too, she reminds me a lot of Alissa Czisny. If she develops better consistency than Czisny, she can certainly go places, especially in Canada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Kate Charbonneau (CAN)

So that means she's keeping her SP but getting a new FS?

She is a very interesting skater, yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So that means she's [Charbonneau] keeping her SP but getting a new FS?
    Yes.

NOT officially confirmed at this time, but someone posted on IceNetwork's board that Mirai Nagasu's SP music is from "The Witches of Eastwick" film soundtrack -- link is: http://www.icenetworkincrowd.com/top...RAM-MUSIC.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Yes.

NOT officially confirmed at this time, but someone posted on IceNetwork's board that Mirai Nagasu's SP music is from "The Witches of Eastwick" film soundtrack -- link is: http://www.icenetworkincrowd.com/top...RAM-MUSIC.html
    Interesting if true. IIRC, Lori choreographed a SP to "The Witches of Eastwick" for Mira Leung in 2008-09...

vCash
    ^I remember that SP! It's the one that is mixed with Transylvanian Lullaby. I really like the music so I am looking forward to see if its true.

vCash
    I like the music, and it's not a common choice. I like it

vCash
    I remember Amanda Dobbs said she'll be keeping her Aranjuez program for her LP (with new choreo) and she'll be using Breakfast at Tiffany's for her short.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast