Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    From this GoldenSkate article:

Narumi Takashi/Mervin Tran
    SP: Feeling Good
    LP: The Day You'll Love Me by Raul di Blasio.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Jlai has reported that Nina Jiang's new SP is to "Scheherazade," which she debuted recently at the Bluebonnet Open club comp.

Nina Jiang skated first to Scheherazade. She was trying a 3 toe-3toe with no success in the warmup. In the competition, she stood up on a 3 loop (not sure about the execution as she did it at the far corner), fell on the first 3 toe (no combo) and had a messy pop on the axel.
    Sylvia added that she is most likely keeping her "Ladies in Lavender" FS.

vCash
    Is the music that Takahashi & Tran using for their LP the same music that Eltsova & Bushkov used to win their only world title with?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Who will be this year's Carmen, Sleeping Beauty, Schez, Maleguena, Swan Lake ?
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Jlai has reported that Nina Jiang's new SP is to "Scheherazade," which she debuted recently at the Bluebonnet Open club comp.
    And there you go. Schez is down, now let's just wait for the others

vCash

Sylvia added that she is most likely keeping her "Ladies in Lavender" FS.
    Oh well, Nina's a very pretty skater, she should do that music justice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    hopefully no one. and i think Chicago needs to be added to the list, it's been used quite a bit recently.
    Agreed. I'd be pleased to never hear it again, actually.

vCash
    Mystic Haze -Re; music for T/T I don't think it's the same .I looked for the song on YT, and I think the Spanish " Como Yo Te Ame " seems like a pretty close translation. I think it's a romantic standard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wov9n7QQkmY

Mushy...I think this is a medley though...so I don't know if there's another recording by di Blasio.. I think it would be the first melody anyway..lots of other versions on YT...like this ;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLayPcSWNls...
    Last edited by Pratfall; 06-07-2010 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Adding on

vCash
    "The Day When You Loved Me" is Raul Di Blasio's piece El Dia De Me Quieres, and it is the same as what Eltsova/Bushkov used, and Julia Soldatova used it a few seasons later when she failed to get out of Nationals after being the reigning World bronze medalist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXqlu22kcTs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPIlpEnxBvI

vCash
    Aha ! That seems more likely .Thanks for that, Tony ...I don't know if I'm relieved or not , I think they're both rather soppy pieces myself. That doesn't mean it can't work for a skating program. I was bored to death with the music for Mandy & Ingo's tinkly piano program..but it was the best program they ever had.

vCash
    No official word, but this video from last month of Samantha Cesario has her practicing jumps, footwork, and ending spins to Carmen and Impossible Dream.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmahhhh View Post
    No official word, but this video from last month of Samantha Cesario has her practicing jumps, footwork, and ending spins to Carmen and Impossible Dream.
    We've got our Carmen!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Harvey & Gagnon (6th in Sr. at Canadians) did Chaplin this seasn, but they would also qualify as not a high level team. They did a fantastic job with it, but I'm sure the theme will also suit Pechelat & Bourzat well.
    Gagnon was a very expressive dancer when they competed in Vancouver as juniors. I could imagine them dancing to Chaplin.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    And there you go. Schez is down, now let's just wait for the others
    Oh, maybe that's the way it should work: once claimed, it's taken for the season, at least by level and discipline, and no one else can skate to it
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Nice clip, who is this girl? Nice jumps and good looking too . Is she another Russian?

vCash
    Nice clip, who is this girl? Nice jumps and good looking too . Is she another Russian?
    No. Cesario is American, and competed at (and won) the Gardena Spring Trophy this spring.

vCash
    No. Cesario is American, and competed at (and won) the Gardena Spring Trophy this spring.
    Ohh ok I think I vaguely remember her from nationals. How old is she, looks about 17 or so, I wonder if she'll get international assignments in the coming season.

vCash
    Wow, her lutz and flip are looking great... I always loved how she sort of "hangs" in the air in her jumps.

No, she finished 14th at U.S. Nationals this past season..

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Ohh ok I think I vaguely remember her from nationals. How old is she, looks about 17 or so, I wonder if she'll get international assignments in the coming season.
    I posted a recent local NY article about Samantha Cesario (she will turn 17 in August and is a likely JGP candidate) in the Gardena Spring Trophy event thread in the Kiss and Cry forum (where there are also FS video links): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=71498&page=3
    "The Impossible Dream" looks like her SP because of the solo 3Lo (Lo is the required solo jump in the Junior SP this coming season).
    (ETA: The Kiss and Cry forum is open to all right now but will be accessible only to FSU subscribers and 2010-11 season pass holders starting sometime in July.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-08-2010 at 05:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    Wow, her lutz and flip are looking great... I always loved how she sort of "hangs" in the air in her jumps.

No, she finished 14th at U.S. Nationals this past season
    Oh, now I remember exactly who this girl is (she looks a lot more grown up here than at nationals), she's the one who wuzrobbed in the FS, landing 5 triples and getting a score of 74 .

Nice 3lo in the clip, I don't think she's done it in competition before, USFSA should send her to JGP, and Nina Jiang too, she also has a nice 3lo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    From this GoldenSkate article:

Narumi Takashi/Mervin Tran
    SP: Feeling Good
    LP: The Day You'll Love Me by Raul di Blasio.
    First "Di BLAH-sio" sighting. Yup, the new season must be around the corner.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast