Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    So cool! Anthony Burrell was on and got straight through to Vegas. My husband made some spectacular photos of him a year ago when he was still dancing with a Very Famous Company. He left after that season, and we were so happy to see him on SYTYCD! I hope he makes it far. You didn't get to see him do much on the show, but he's incredible. Nigel said something about him to the effect he was one of the best dancers blah blah blah. I must say, "yes!"
    Wow, I just saw his audition and he was my favorite. So incredibly smooth and powerful.

And very, very cute.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Thanks, Angelskates.....he loves what he does. I'm glad you enjoy his photos too.

Jemima-Anthony is a real sweetheart too. I only worked with him for one day, but what a gentleman! I hope he makes it through all the political and TV BS that we know these shows are rife with. He is a very, very fine modern, contemporary, ballet dancer.

vCash
    Jemima???

vCash
    Giselle Peacock and Henry Byalikov (sp?) were also on Superstars of Dance, that awful show Nigel produced a couple of years ago. I never finished watching that show, but I remember them. Also, Henry was on So You Think You Can Dance Australia, so I'm surprised they would let him audition here.

vCash
    I love Teddy. Just love him.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    Jemima???
    Lord have mercy! Forgive me! It was very late! Oops!

vCash
    Ok, am watching the Miami part now. Did Teddy actually get through?

Loved Anthony.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    I loved him too. And he danced to a Damien Rice song- All Dressed Up.

He gets bonus points for me for his musical choice. I think I missed Teddy's audition last year. Did he just not make the cut because he was so young?
    I think he made it to Vegas, but struggled there, but I don't really remember.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I think he made it to Vegas, but struggled there, but I don't really remember.
    I don't remember either, but Nigel said something to him like, "Please don't repeat your last Vegas experience. It didn't go well."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Lord have mercy! Forgive me! It was very late! Oops!
    Don't worry about it. All's good.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I missed the show Thurs (cause I was attending a dance concert ) and finally got caught up, but it was via youtube videos, so I know I didn't see everything and it was all out of order (why doesn't Fox put SYTYCD on hulu? )

Very happy that almost everyone I saw was good, even those who didn't get through (like the Iso-Lock guy). Loved the Czech ballroom guy, Tyrell, Henry, Ami-the-mom. And I loved Megan, although from the clip of her doing choreo I get why they didn't send her through. There's a woman in town who is short and very round, who got turned down by the local arts college "because she might hurt herself" and she's one of the most amazing hip hop dancers I've ever seen (great at modern too). She does get work in some local productions....BTW, I really wish the show would at least acknowledge that there are dance careers outside of big companies and commercial work.

Loved the Troma guy - that was a great performance and I'm glad they recognized it. How fun

Ugh, haven't accepted the reality that there will be only 10 new dancers this year. I feel like I've got at least 5 I really want to see on the show this summer already!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Ugh, haven't accepted the reality that there will be only 10 new dancers this year. I feel like I've got at least 5 I really want to see on the show this summer already!
    Yeah - and it is even harder to take if you're not that elated with their choice of allstars!

If the all star list were more to my tastes - at least I could say to myself - "well that dancer didn't make the top 10 - but at least it was so I could see more of Danny / Will /Katee / Jaymee etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Holley Calmes, I love looking through your husband's albums, his talent is amazing.
    I couldn't agree more!

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Yeah - and it is even harder to take if you're not that elated with their choice of allstars!

If the all star list were more to my tastes - at least I could say to myself - "well that dancer didn't make the top 10 - but at least it was so I could see more of Danny / Will /Katee / Jaymee etc.
    Just Danny and Will would do it for me... who am I kidding, just Danny.... But if they're not involved because of other dance commitments, power to them. But yeah, would rather see 20 new folks get a chance. The show could find a different way to bring back and highlight, to an extent, the all-stars...in the group numbers, in some extras. They have plenty of extra time if they don't need to listen to the tamale train screaming and Nigel self-congratulating for as long as they normally have in the past.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    I'm willing to give the all stars format the benefit of a doubt. If nothing more than for providing 12 weeks of decent pay for the selected dancers. Those checks are a LOT more than summer festivals and guest appearances at comps pay!
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash

Spoiler

Last edited by genevieve; 06-01-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: spoiler tags added

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I missed the show Thurs (cause I was attending a dance concert ) and finally got caught up, but it was via youtube videos, so I know I didn't see everything and it was all out of order (why doesn't Fox put SYTYCD on hulu? )
    Possibly because of the rights for the music. They get the rights for broadcast TV. They have to negotiate them separately for things like the web and for DVDs.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    jayta (and other) - if you are responding to a spoilered post, USE SPOILER TAGS

To use spoiler tags, type as follows:

[ spoiler]write your spoilers here[ /spoiler]
    but remove the spaces between the brackets
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I loved Anthony Burrell too. I also thought I saw a glimpse of Alex Wong doing a jump on the beach in the Miami auditions portion.

Spoiler

I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash

Spoiler

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast