Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Not digging this Candy chick's dance, but that may be more about the choreography rather than her talent. It seemed to have a lot of pauses and preparations before numerous tricks, along with all the shimmying.

ETA: Where is everyone? Usually this show's threads are jumping - is everyone burnt out after DWTS and AI, or is it seemingly empty due to Lord Cirque's absence?

Re-registered User
    vCash
    So- my husband likes watching dancing with me, but he's been asleep for this whole awesome show...

...And then wakes up to see poor Rose dancing. Why did they show that?
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Oy vey......Belgosto's music, but sadly, none of their dancing talent. That was god-awful

Cat: As the day went on, Miami continued to.....suck.

Hell, I can dance circles around most of these idiots.

If that weren't bad enough, we're now being subjected to The Who's music, a once great song that is now forever cursed and destroyed by being used for the theme to CSI: Miami and permanently associated to that obnoxious fcukhead, David Caruso .

Lots of tricks for the break-dancer, José. He's no Hok or Legacy, not even close. Definitely a cute guy, though.

Damn, that two hours flew by . It seems as though they've definitely changed up the format a bit for the audition rounds, and it's a definite improvement IMO. A lot less backstory filler, less shitty dancing, and a lot more decent auditions, even if the dancers ultimately didn't earn a ticket to Vegas.
    Last edited by Cyn; 05-28-2010 at 03:02 AM.

vCash
    I am watching it by DVR - beause we went for a walk. I am glad that I can fast forward through the commercial breaks.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I feel your pain - back when I danced (in the Dark Ages ), fouettés gave me fits - if I could get three off without going off-axis and falling out, I was ecstatic. Edward's were fantastic.
    Same here - pirouettes fine, piques or chaines fine, fouettes - maybe 5 max and not very whippy.

I liked the first girl who said she was always the big dancer and finally got over it. I was always the big girl. Sadly, back then, 5'8" size 6 was the big girl.

The very big girl had some very good flexibility, port de bras and musicality. Partner dancing will be a problem for her, but it would be nice to se her keep trying.

Lots of great dancers! and only 10 spots.

And I think I am going to love this without Mary's shrieking, cackling hot tamale crap!

Didn't it seem like they showed less total crap?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Didn't it seem like they showed less total crap?
    I'm still smiling over having SYTYCD back and think I've figured out why it's still magic to me while AI no longer holds my interest... It's Nigel. He seems to have a genuine interest in moving talented folks forward in the process, has little patience for fools, and knows the difference between someone who's less talented but trying and one who is just going for the 15 seconds of TV time. He gets the people who love to dance.

Nigel L left AI in August, 2008. Given that it sometimes takes underlings a few months to a year to get out of their contracts, I'm guessing most of the folks he hired left after the 2009 season. Maybe that's why this year's AI was so sucky to me.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    They are showing such a nice selection of dancers, and are editing the ones who are there for entertainment with respect. So far no freak shows. Yay.
    What, Sex is not back this year? I may watch the auditions after all.

vCash

Who's the twinkly-eyed dude sitting with Sonya and Nigel?
    He's Jason the Australian ballroom guy, and he did choreo on the show last season.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    I don't remember this blah blondie pup from last season...but that outfit from last year was .

Oh Joy. Too much flailing, even for contemporary. He looks more like he has ants in his pants than the joy of dancing.

Mia: You remind me of the unpopular kid, and that's the most brilliant part of your dancing. It's genius.

Shankman was nearly in tears.

Me: WTF? C'mon....it didn't suck, but it wasn't *that* impressive.
    Nah... I love this guy. Loved him last year, love him this year.

Anyone know what song he danced to last night?
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    I loved Tyrell, but my favorites never make it and this show ALWAYS breaks my heart. I don't know if I have it in me to watch this show so close on the heals of DWTS.

vCash
    Sorry to be late to the party but last night was a bit busy ...
    Watched NONE of AI - sorry, just can't seem to get into it and don't care enough to try. It just seems to me that it's more about people who already have singing careers trying to get it moving forward. Might try watching the Canadian version but that may not hold my interest. DWTS - might give it another go but ...
    I'm looking forward to seeing some dancing. I'm kind of glad Mia will likely be on the judging panel because it means I won't have to see her choreography and try to understand what she means (cause I never seem to get out of it what she intends to be her message - maybe cause I don't get contemporary dancing???). Being on the panel does mean though is more of her tears of sorrow over some dance. Sometimes I agree with her but more often than not I don't. As much as I dislike Mary's "hot tomale" train screeching, I appreciate her input more than Mia's. It has seemed to me that if you're not a contemporary dancer, Mia probably doesn't appreciate you to the same level. Mind you I said probably.
    Crazy about sports!

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    He's Jason the Australian ballroom guy, and he did choreo on the show last season.
    Jason Gilkison.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Spoilers re: Alex Wong and Billy Bell here:

http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2010/...oe-afsadf.html

Spoiler

Also, Nigel is claiming that the dancers are going to have a "random draw" of the "all-star" and they will dance the all star's style.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post

Spoiler

I didn't watch the show last night because I took a less-is-more approach during season 6 and I enjoyed it so much more than season 5 (even though they totally screwed the dancers over with the scheduling). So I'm keeping that strategy.

But if the above is true,

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Spoilers re: Alex Wong and Billy Bell here:
    I am fairly certain I caught a glimpse of Alex Wong during the Miami auditions, but it was quite conspicuous that his actual audition wasn't shown. Then he'll be sprung upon us during Vegas week. Billy Bell is a lovely dancer, but Alex Wong is much more mature.

vCash
    The show won the night re: ratings, but I'm not sure how it performed versus its "opening night" last summer.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Nah... I love this guy. Loved him last year, love him this year.

Anyone know what song he danced to last night?
    I loved him too. And he danced to a Damien Rice song- All Dressed Up.

He gets bonus points for me for his musical choice. I think I missed Teddy's audition last year. Did he just not make the cut because he was so young?
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    So cool! Anthony Burrell was on and got straight through to Vegas. My husband made some spectacular photos of him a year ago when he was still dancing with a Very Famous Company. He left after that season, and we were so happy to see him on SYTYCD! I hope he makes it far. You didn't get to see him do much on the show, but he's incredible. Nigel said something about him to the effect he was one of the best dancers blah blah blah. I must say, "yes!"

He was the guy who was put through to Vegas just before Edward who was also fantastic.

Here's one photo:

http://www.pbase.com/rcalmes/image/109366228

There's more of him on this gallery:

http://www.pbase.com/rcalmes/dance_magic

vCash
    Holley Calmes, I love looking through your husband's albums, his talent is amazing.

vCash
    The show won the night re: ratings, but I'm not sure how it performed versus its "opening night" last summer.
    It was way up from the premiere of the fall season, but considerably down from the 2009 summer season premiere. That fall season did a lot of damage.

Hoping this summer is successful, but the new formula seems a touch desperate to me.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast