Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Kelly Chase has a new report up on his blog about skating practice & a trip to the ballet studio that they taped for TV:

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535156
    And we can’t even begin to keep up with the girls we’re skating with. They’re such great athletes it’s almost sickening. They give a whole new definition to world class. They’re leading you around the ice the whole time and trying to keep up. This will be stressful, because they’re so good at what they do and I have so much work to do to be able to skate like that.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    So Chase giveth by praising the athletic greatness of the women and taketh away by putting down ballet dancers. Argh.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I didn't think he was putting down ballet dancers - I think he was making fun of himself.

I wonder if the ballet dancer was Sonia?? That would be great if it makes the show!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Have they ever discussed having a female hockey player on with a male figure skater? I'd think after the Olympics, some of the female players would have good name recognition.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Have they ever discussed having a female hockey player on with a male figure skater? I'd think after the Olympics, some of the female players would have good name recognition.
    I don't know if they have, but I certainly have!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    This would just ruin the premise of the show, IMO. The female hockey players are simply too big and there would hardly be any size difference. Actually, most of them probably weigh almost as much (or maybe more) than the male partners! So there would not be any lifting, death spirals, head bangers, etc. I think it would be pretty boring in fact. JMO.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    OMG, Chase's blogs are hysterical! I'm really going to enjoy reading them throughout the run of the show!
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    I wonder why it said Kurt Browning 4 time National Champion instead of World champion?

vCash
    Battle of the Blades has updated their website for the new season:
    http://www.cbc.ca/battle/

With a new blog about boot camp:
    http://www.cbc.ca/battle/2010/07/bat...ebootcamp.html

"I think the biggest difference (this year) is that there was no tentativeness by the players," she said. "The fact that there was a season one that all the guys could watch and refer to, it already set the bar higher than where the guys were a year ago," Bezic continued. "They're stepping in with this expectation. They're already almost to where the guys got at midpoint, last year."

vCash
    Katia Gordeeva is in!

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kppt View Post
    Katia Gordeeva is in!
    Awesome!
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    I can't think that CBC is too worried about the Sale/Pelletier breakup and all the rumours around it, if they're featuring this video on the BotB website:
    http://www.cbc.ca/battle/videos.html?ID=1328538267
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I saw a commercial for the show on tv tonight...pretty sure I saw Kyoko Ina as one of the women skaters as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kppt View Post
    Katia Gordeeva is in!
    how do you know?????

vCash
    Blog #3 from Kelly Chase "Going to Lift Classes":
    http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535217

The thing that has been unbelievably rattling for me is I’m stressing and have sick anxiety knowing that in a few short months, I’ll be on the ice with them and I’ll have picks on my skates. I don’t want to be stumbling all over the place and trying to keep my balance while also having to throw these girls over my head and concentrate on getting them back safely.

vCash
    Well I think BOTB has no choice but to put up all the clips from last year. Ignoring them would be really odd. And with the parties involved staying well under the radar for quite a few months, we're assuming that it's common knowledge out there, but for the 99% of the fans of the show who have no interest in the FS world, they don't know it's even going on. I would bet that a majority of the viewers out there wouldn't even know that Sale and Pelletier are divorcing, if they happened to miss that item back in June that ran for about 2 days only.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ildah View Post
    I would bet that a majority of the viewers out there wouldn't even know that Sale and Pelletier are divorcing, if they happened to miss that item back in June that ran for about 2 days only.
    I doubt that, I think most people know.

vCash
    The divorce was talked about on my non-skating board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ildah View Post
    I would bet that a majority of the viewers out there wouldn't even know that Sale and Pelletier are divorcing, if they happened to miss that item back in June that ran for about 2 days only.
    Sale and Pelletier's divorce is a matter of public record, so assume most people know, but their divorce has no impact on Battle of the Blades. Sale's rumored relationship with Simpson is just that, a rumor. Most people probably don't know and an unconfirmed rumor shouldn't have an impact on an incredibly popular TV show.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    A hint of scandal can be as much of a draw as a repellent.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast