Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,015 of 1015
    vCash
    Because I am still emotionally speechless from watching my team's offering this morning (even before coffee), I must first begin by thanking with undying love and appreciation my friends Katie C, Choupette, AragornE, Fres, Trish, Bert and my goodness, I feel Like I'm at the oscars, hoping I won't forget anyone to thank! It's come down to an issue of sheer volume of numbers in the voting realm, so thank you for considering me in your time and tally.

I have to realize that some viewers/judges might not care/understand/appreciate how personal this program was for Shae to do, and the risk she took to reveal this much of herself to the world. Ultimately, this is what I find myself internally speechless about. On a thematic level, It's a great new country song, I feel that twangy choreo would have trashified the purity of the love that she wanted to express. So again, I let the music speak, I let the skating show for the message that her heart intended to send, knowing it resonated deeply inside at least one viewer....for a Buttery Babe, this is our definition of success.

Thank you for posting the youtube links that are up thus far, it will take me a bit of time as yet to move on to the others before I can even comment. I need to savour this in my heart - thank you again everyone.
    BBI*CEO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by True View Post
    I have to watch Todd & Izzy again. I'm a huge fan of this team, but tonight this felt wild and on the verge of flying out of control. Nobody else seems to have thought that, so I'll have to look again.
    I felt the same way. I love them, but this program was not their strongest from a skating standpoint. It felt shaky and just not solid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TGrayson View Post
    Let's give Val a break. The guy's trying to connect with his audience. He's an awesome skater and deserves a great deal of praise as well.
    Yes.

I agree that his little tweet "outbursts" and such weren't wise from a PR standpoint, but I was thinking about the fact that he is working his butt off for something he's not really comfortable doing, and is consistently being told by the judges and, I'm betting, people involved with the show (i.e. listen to the comments from some of the coaches last night about him) that he is really doing an amazing job... and I for one can completely understand getting really frustrated by the lack of votes. If you work so hard and are TOLD by everyone in the know involved with the show that you're one of the best, it really has to be perplexing and frustrating not to get the results.

vCash
    i was actually ff5'ing through the show last night- it seemed very flat to me ( not sure if it was the music choices?) I thought Katia and val did a fantastic job- I had some goosebumps watching that! I also remember Sergei saying that his job was to make katia shine and to help everyone focus on her and I think val does that very well
    Kelly and kyoko or Jamie and theo were the lowest fro me- but I think Jamie will stay in till the end just because Canada wont let her out- but if her and theo beat val and kat then there is a serious problem!!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I liked how Warriner tried to be in character for the country skate.

Patent leather pleather chaps = fashion don't.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    but I think Jamie will stay in till the end just because Canada wont let her out- but if her and theo beat val and kat then there is a serious problem!!
    I actually wonder if it's Theo pulling in the votes, not Jamie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I suspect it's Theo and the causes he supports. He's a very charming and engaging person. I actually like his bravura _ executing that single axel. Sandra rewarded him for at least trying and Scott acknowledged his boldness as he landed it with two feet.

Sandra's an interesting judge. I wonder what it would be like to have Tracy Wilson as a judge. Her skating analyses were spot on and clear. I look forward to hearing from Toller Cranston who is now a successful artist.
    Last edited by bingo; 10-25-2010 at 06:45 PM.

vCash
    To me Shae/Patrice and Katia/Val were effortless and didn't make me think that they were hockey players - they looked like dance/pair teams.

I find Sandra very annoying this year. Her comments are particularly telling - especially since she's a producer of the show. She critizies Shae for not being very country (and could be taken as an insult on her singing) and says nothing about the beautiful program and skating, and gives them a low score. Then she is practially crying at Theo's performance and he gets praises from her for being an inspiration - nothing about his actual skating. To me she has her final 2 picked - Katia/Val & Jamie/Theo - because it's about the shows ratings, not the actually skating (which I know, but it's frustrating).

To make it fairer they should have more pro ice dancers. Shae's programs stand out because she is not doing as much tricks, but I enjoy them so much more and her partners always look the most confident out there. I hope they bring back Marie-France next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    I also remember Sergei saying that his job was to make katia shine and to help everyone focus on her and I think val does that very well
    True. During the Vancouver Olympic Ice Dancing, I recall one of the sports commentators (can't remember which now), critisized a Russian team because of how the female had a tendancy to out-shine her partner. The commentator explained how in the past, it was the job of the male partner to make the female look good. However the commentator went on to say, today it is expected for both to shine equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    In a previous post KatieC said "...One of them was severely disappointed last year when Claude Lemieux didn't win.". Notice the person being discussed was focused on the hockey player not winning, not the figure skater partner. I think it is safe to say the hockey fan base in Canada is much larger than for figure skating. Although posters at FSU naturally tend to think more in terms of figure skaters, I wonder if many of the BOTB viewers are hockey fans voting for hockey players (or against hockey players they don't like for whatever reasons).
    Last edited by rvi5; 10-25-2010 at 07:16 PM.

vCash
    I agree Castlerock. Since the beginning when they introduced the international skaters angle, I felt that they (the producers) wanted to have a Canada/Russia battle with the Canadians winning in the end. I guess they are feeling that Shae-Lynn and Patrice are a threat to that goal. Their program deserved more than 5.7s. And I guess they didn't expect the Russians to be in the bottom 2 so often. I wonder what they will do if it happens again tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
    I find Sandra very annoying this year. Her comments are particularly telling - especially since she's a producer of the show. She critizies Shae for not being very country (and could be taken as an insult on her singing) and says nothing about the beautiful program and skating, and gives them a low score.
    People are taking Sandra's comments the wrong way. The theme of the week was country and the choreography didn't reflect that. She didn't criticize Shae's singing or her song. I agree it was a beautiful skate, but you gotta go with the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    People are taking Sandra's comments the wrong way. The theme of the week was country and the choreography didn't reflect that. She didn't criticize Shae's singing or her song. I agree it was a beautiful skate, but you gotta go with the program.
    They skated to a country song, what more did she want?

The themes have not always been respected, and noone has ever been penalized for it.

Last week only Shae and Patrice danced, and during the Bring sexy back theme, only 2 themes conformed to it.

vCash
    Maybe Shae's getting more choreography work than Sandra.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    True. During the Vancouver Olympic Ice Dancing, I recall one of the sports commentators (can't remember which now), criticized a Russian team because of how the female had a tendency to out-shine her partner. The commentator explained how in the past, it was the job of the male partner to make the female look good. However the commentator went on to say, today it is expected for both to shine equally.

for some reason in ice dance i see it needing to be more equal but with pairs i dont-! maybe because the girls are the ones lifting and jumping
    ita that Shae has it harder becasue she is NOT a pairs skater- similar to how a male figure skater would fair less in this format- that was why i liked katias program this week it seemed less showy tricks are more balanced ( when Val adds a jump and a spin they will have it all!)

vCash
    Hmmmm, does anyone have a link to Theo's axel attempt? I can't find one and my daughter would like to see it.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051