Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    I chuckled at the Calgary Herald article when I read it this morning. It must have been written by someone who isn't a skating fan. The writer mentions Elvis Stojko, and Vaughn Chipeur (presumably because he trains in Calgary) but not the reigning world and Olympic ice dance champions, from Canada.
    LOL. Well, it's Ice Dance zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

vCash
    Okay, I saw it tonight, and it was only a half an hour long! Elvis is more muscular than ever. Has some kind of ugly tatoo on his left deltoid (upper arm). Skated to Van Halen's "Jump". Suited for him, as he did his usual mugging, posing, and....jumping, of course.

The whole show included U2, Van Halen, Guns and Roses etc. type music. Threre were several group numbers plus a few Cirque du Soleil-ish acts. One was quite impressive: a guy who mimicked climbing the stairs...upside down! He was on this mini-pole out in the arena (they put mini-platforms on and off at will). There was also a man and a woman who were in two hoops doing various positions (hard to describe but it was fantastic too).

V&M did their Jack and Diane number (which seemed to be reworked, as I actually liked it this time). Elvis did some number with a female skater (can't remember the song). But the highlight, believe it or not was Vaughn. Despite falling once, his numbers were actually fun. Especially once when he did what looked like a wally jump while playing a guitar at the same time! All of them did group numbers, and there were plaenty of local skaters to round out the show. There was a live band and live singers as well.

vCash
    wonder if the female with elvis was his wife

vCash
    I can't wait to see it. Going on Monday. :p

vCash
    Any more info on Tessa and Scott? What was their routine like? Were they cute together?

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Brat Daughter just sent me the following text message...

"Just watched the ice show. Wow, did Elvis ever get OLD. All he did were double toes, arabians, back spins and slid across the ice. Tessa and Scott were great, and Vaughn wsa pretty good too."
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    During the Stampede Parade broadcast this morning, they said that Elvis was skating with his wife.

living every minute
    vCash
    Elvis is married?????? When did that happen???? Who is she???? (Besides being Mrs. Stojko)
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mevrouw View Post
    Elvis is married?????? When did that happen???? Who is she???? (Besides being Mrs. Stojko)
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74188
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I didn't know he got married either!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    Brat Daughter just sent me the following text message...

"Just watched the ice show. Wow, did Elvis ever get OLD. All he did were double toes, arabians, back spins and slid across the ice. Tessa and Scott were great, and Vaughn wsa pretty good too."
    Yes, it's so odd that we as humans, get -- what did you call it? Old? Plus the fact that they're doing 3 shows a day for like 14 days, I'd be doing doubles to if I were him. If it's like the CNE last year, he picks one show a day to do the triple jumps and then the others are spins and doubles, but at 38, all the power to him. Plus he just got married 3 weeks ago, I'm sure his wife has ummmmm tired him out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missflick View Post
    Elvis is more muscular than ever. Has some kind of ugly tattoo on his left deltoid (upper arm).
    It's a circle and triangle intertwined together with Viking Runes in it. I got a good look at it last year when he stopped to sign a few autographs, up close it is very nice.

vCash
    I went to the show all 3 times in one day.. that's how much I liked it. :p I would probably go 3 times everyday if I could, haha.
    Elvis tripled all of his toeloops in each show. I thought he was pretty good. Vaughn was good too. Didn't really care for Tessa & Scott's program. I loved all of the ensemble numbers... probably just because my friends were in them though. :p But overall the show was of high quality and apparently every show is PACKED!
    And I had VIP ticket (front row) seats for all of themmmmm.

vCash
    Gladys is a Mexican skater, you can see her skating at 4 Continents here: http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/pa...bumphoto.shtml

She is the first on the third row of pictures under 21 janvier 2004.

This picture does not do her justice, she is a real knock out, however, back then, she skated with gusto and courage.

Amazing that Elvis got to meet her and they are both skaters!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    But overall the show was of high quality and apparently every show is PACKED!
    I would love to see it. It should be an interesting experience. Any youtube clips available?

vCash
    Yes, I hope someone uploads some video for us poor folks in the East.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    I loved all of the ensemble numbers... probably just because my friends were in them though. :p But overall the show was of high quality and apparently every show is PACKED!
    Wasn't packed when I saw it last Friday. But a decent number though. I did have front row seats.

INTJ
    vCash
    My brother's review... Skating was cheesy, band rocked, acrobats were cool...

He was impressed that I knew who Gladys was
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

vCash
    There are a couple of videos on Youtube now. I'm posting a link to one of the longest that includes Elvis and Gladys, Tessa and Scott as well as some of the acrobats. There are other clips if you search Calgary Stampede ice show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jriYK2_qP1o

Enjoy!

vCash
    Crass.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast