Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hahaha this thread is great!

I look forward to waiting at the bus stop... because if the bus I need to be on shows up I feel like I just won a bingo game...

vCash
    If I see an animal that seems like it's somewhat tame....like a duck or goose...I'll honk or quack at them. Same with sheep or goats. I dunno why, I guess I'm trying to get them to know I won't hurt them. lol (side note...there's a male and female duck that waddle around the lawn outside my apartment and they're so friggin cute. they walk up to me like "got any bread?" and look at me)

I have to check my closet before I go to bed most nights unless I'm just too exhausted that I don't care if I'm attacked. Otherwise, I'm paranoid someone broke in and was hiding until I went to sleep....nevermind the fact that if someone had the ability to break in while I was gone they'd probably get what they wanted and leave.

I tap my fingers in a patter of thumb, middle finger, pinky, index finger, ring finger. I've done this for years....a small bit of OCD maybe.

I always wait for the water to get just about as hot as it will go, when I wash my hands, otherwise I figure it's not doing much. (I don't get sick more than once every year or two, so it must be a good thing?)

Oh and when I was little I piled all my stuffed animals that would fit, in the foot of my bed under the covers so the monsters wouldn't get them. If I couldn't fit them in there I'd find something to cover them with to protect them...even if it was just a tissue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    If you're a member of FaceBook, I have the perfect page for you to join:

Yelling At Inanimate Objects

I joined it a while back, and it didn't hit me until after finding that page just how often I yell at things - my computer, mobile phone, the TV, other cars on the road, my toaster oven, the zipper on my pants, and so on.....
    Do you also yell at other drivers who are driving like morons? I do, with the windows up. My kids always say, Mom they can't hear you! To which I reply, It's a good thing .

I love this thread. It's good to know that we all are a little OCD and some of us in exactly the same ways !

We should celebrate our quirks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Going to sleep with any makeup on and/or not doing my nighttime skincare regimen. It doesn't matter how exhausted I may be - if I have on any makeup, even if it's just a few dabs of concealer or a dusting of powder, I can't go to sleep wit any of it on my face, and if I don't cleanse, tone, and apply my serums and moisturizers, the guilt gnaws at me until I take care of it.
    Cyn..this OCD behavior will keep your skin beautiful long after the rest of us get all wrinkly looking. I make sure to wash the makeup off but if I'm too tired I don't do the rest of it. I know I'll pay for my lazyness eventually.

vCash
    I don't think it's weird or strange to talk to your pets. I would bet that most people who have them talk to them.

When I talk to my cat, he often times "meows" back to me. I imagine that the conversation is something like this:

"Hello, Kitty! How was your day? How's my sweet little kitty doing?"

"Meow" (translation: "Please do not disturb me, vile creature.")

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    If I see an animal that seems like it's somewhat tame....like a duck or goose...I'll honk or quack at them.

I have to check my closet before I go to bed most nights unless I'm just too exhausted that I don't care if I'm attacked. O
    Even though I'm almost 30, often when I see seagulls or other birds I still run at them flapping my arms and squawking like a kid.

And I don't check my closet, but I find I cannot sleep if my closet door is open. no paranoia or anything, it just annoys me.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I'm exactly the same. Going on a holiday leaves me feeling sleep-deprived.

I have a great deal of trouble getting to sleep and am at my most happiest when I finally get there.

I don't get the concept of 'too much sleep' at all.
    Me three. If I don't get enough sleep--it's not a vacation. My husband is the exact opposite, very athletic and physically active. We had an interesting honeymoon where I lay on the beach reading and he windsurfed, climbed and ran about.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    When eating M&Ms, I have to make sure there's an even amount before I eat the rest; if there's 7, I eat one so there's 6, and then I can eat them. And of course, I will sort the colors first and then make sure they are even in number before I begin to eat the rest.

I also try to eat them evenly on each side of my mouth.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jen_faith View Post
    I read the end of a book before the middle too. I figure it's logical. My time is precious and I don't get much free time to read. If I'm sort of-mostly interested in a book, I want to make sure I'll like the way it ends (i.e. the time invested in the book is worthwhile). Nothing more aggravating than a lousy ending and all that time invested in a book.

This drives my other half crazy
    I do this too! everyone I know thinks this is so crazy. If its not the ending I don't want I want read it

vCash
    Kruss- I used to do that counting candies thing with those rockets that you get at halloween and also sour candies. I would make sure they were an even number and then eat one of each colour to keep it even until they were gone.

I have all my cans forward facing. If I hang towels side by side, the lines have to be even across if they have stripes.

I compulsively wipe off my counters...even if I wiped them down 10 minutes earlier if I am in my kitchen(s). I do the same in the bathrooms.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    I keep thinking of more!

My DVD collection - everything has to be lined up perfectly. If one is even like 1cm out of line with the others, I have to fix it.

An OCD - when I set my alarm clock I check quite a few times to make sure it's set and working. I used to need 3 alarm clocks. Not because I would sleep through them, but because I was paranoid that something was going to go wrong. I used 1 clock radio, a travel one (battery operated in case of a power outage) and my watch. And when I was in school, I used to have a weird dream where about 30 seconds before my first alarm would go off, I would be dreaming that I was in school and heard the bell for the start of the day, which would cause me to wake up and then my alarm would go off right afterwards. And it happened every weekday without fail, but never on weekends. Weirdness. And thinking of alarms, whether I'm sleeping alone or with someone else, at my place or someone elses, I always have to sleep on the side of the bed with the clock, otherwise, whether I need to get up at a certain time or not, I get a bit weird.

Any bills in my wallet must all be facing the same direction and in order of value (smallest at the front, highest at the back). It drives me nuts otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Kruss- I used to do that counting candies thing with those rockets that you get at halloween and also sour candies. I would make sure they were an even number and then eat one of each colour to keep it even until they were gone.
    I didn't really worry about even numbers, but I always made sandwiches with them. I'd take packages of Rockets and the Halloween packets of the mini fuzzy peaches and smush a fuzzy peach between 2 rockets and eat it like a mini sandwich. I love Rockets and I love fuzzy peaches, each on their own, but at Halloween time I can't eat them any other way.

And one (hopefully) final one... I hate cleaning, but once I start cleaning, I can't stop and will keep going until my entire apartment is cleaned. I may set out to just clean the counter in the washroom, but then the entire washroom will be cleaned, the place vacuumed, tables dusted, etc.

vCash
    Anything that has a title in my house (book/ movies) is alphabeticized or in chronological year (for figure skating).

I put all like coloured clothes together.

This thread is making me realize that I am not over my OCD...thought after having my kids and not being a clean freak anymore that I was over it...apparently not!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    ITA about the makeup thing too! If I have not washed my face right before bed, I cannot sleep. I feel anxious and have to get up to do it.

I"m totally interactive with animals and inanimate objects too. I can carry on a conversation for both sides, even while at work. Some days my coworkers just stop and stare as I do my job. They just laugh...thank goodness.

I do the counting candies thing too.

Oh, and the sleep thing. Me too. I neeeeeed to sleep on weekends. I don't sleep the whole time, but if I have to get up early to do some actvity or stay up late for something, it just ruins my weekend. I love my bed.

While driving I often predict behaviour and talk to the cars and their drivers. I"ll say, "ok, George is going to now change lanes, yup, there he goes, oh wow, there goes bob in that lane" etc.

I"m also a tapper. I'll tap on the side of the chair or desk and sometimes I'll use my finger and write words in the air while i"m thinking.

Hmmm...maybe there is some OCD in here, lol.

vCash
    I think that the purple and blue m&m's taste better than the yellow and brown ones. If I have a handful of them, I eat the yellow and brown ones first so that the others can be fully enjoyed.

I talk to the TV, particularly when watching sports. My family ask me if I actually think that they can hear me - since they are sure that the sportscasters or players Can.Not.Hear.Me. To which I say - how do you know.

vCash
    Let's see... whenever I tear the paper off a straw I have to knot the paper, if it breaks in the middle of the knot someone is thinking about me! I hold my breath when passing cemeteries (I don't want to breath in souls!) and I also hold my breath in tunnels (this I don't know why but I've always done it). I'm also completely OCD with examining hubby's chest and plucking out any chest hair I find WHILE HE'S SLEEPING (I don't like hairy guys).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Let's see... whenever I tear the paper off a straw I have to knot the paper, if it breaks in the middle of the knot someone is thinking about me! I hold my breath when passing cemeteries (I don't want to breath in souls!) and I also hold my breath in tunnels (this I don't know why but I've always done it). I'm also completely OCD with examining hubby's chest and plucking out any chest hair I find WHILE HE'S SLEEPING (I don't like hairy guys).
    When I was little, and my family drove into NYC, we always drove through the Lincoln Tunnel. There is a NY/NJ border line painted on the wall and my brother and I would reach as far toward the front of the car as possible, trying to be the 1st one to get to NY! I have to repress that urge now! And whenever we used to go through small tunnels or under bridges, my mother would tell us to duck! We did!

vCash
    When I eat muffins, I eat the top and throw away the bottom.

When I eat cupcakes, I eat the bottom "cakey" part first and then the top with the frosting.

Every day when I get home from work, I ask my dog how his day went. He has yet to answer me.

I hate snails. When they invade my garden, I put salt on them and watch them shrivel up.

When I get a book to read, I divide the book in half and dog ear it, so that I know when I am half way through the book.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    My bed must be perfectly made before I can go to sleep. I can't stand it when the sheets and the quilt aren't perfectly aligned and the 'overhang' on each side isn't even.

Even though my car won't let me turn it off if the car is not in park, every morning when I'm walking from my car into work, I fight the urge to go back and make sure the car is in park (and I *usually* win).

Before I put socks on, I *must* separate my toes by sticking a finger in each sequential toe junction. The thought of my toes sticking together inside my socks disturbs me.

I don't have my bed on a frame (the box springs sit directly on the ground). This way, the boogie man can't possibly hide under there.

Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    I don't like library books because other people have touched them so I always buy books, even though it's more expensive. I'm not yet at the stage where I use gloves, but I know some who do...
    I clean the covers of library books with alcohol before I read them, especially since I usually read in bed.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loopey View Post

Every day when I get home from work, I ask my dog how his day went. He has yet to answer me.
    I bet he does! I bet his day is basically snoozing until you get home. His actual day starts with the out of control tail wagging when he sees his human walk through the door. That's your answer!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast