Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    WHen I go up or down a staircase, I count the steps

When I have Diet Coke I must have it in a glass filled with ice. Yes I know I get less DC but I think it tastes really good that way and am willing to sacrifice quantity for quality.

If our dog decides to sleep on the floor instead of on our bed I get offended or else I think he is mad at me.

vCash
    I talk to myself all the time but particularly when I'm organizing things. My brain is so cluttered with 32803423 thoughts that it helps me to talk things through.

I talk to Pandora, my sweet kitty a lot. She just stares..

I wear socks to bed. I can be wearing my birthday suit to bed but I need my socks. My feet are perpetually cold.

Since I was a child, I would tug and twirl on a section of hair on the right side. It's a nervous habit that continues to this day. Except that section of my hair now has a different texture than the rest of my head.

I like my salads extra crunchy. That includes adding lots of those thin asian noodles (don't know the name), croutons, bacon bits. The lettuce must crunch too! I will not have soggy lettuce.
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    When I was on drill team, I used to 'count' when I walked. And for dance team people, left foot is always on the odd count (1, 3, 5, 7,). So you can imagine how messed up I was in high school with that business.

My light switches have to be a certain way or I get mad. If they're both off, both must be up. If on, both must be down. In my bathroom, my light switch is the same. And since there are two since I share a bathroom with a vacant room, it's always getting changed by the cleaning ladies. I ALWAYS have to fix it.

My doors must always be completely open (touching the wall/door stop) or completely closed. No in between.

I hate it when there's any form of trash in my car. If you even leave a gum wrapper, I get angry. I like to keep my car clean and taken care of.

I think I'm paranoid about headphones staying in my ears, I'm always adjusting them when I listen to music.

I blame my dad for this... Whenever I park my car, I put it in park and use the emergency brake.

I am also anal about the reading a book series from first to last. I get pissed if I happen to pick up the 2nd or 4th or something. It MUST go in order!!

I alphabetize my DVD collection.

I think that's it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I always have clean floors. Even if rest of the house is a mess, I vacuum and mop the floors. It's obsessive.
    Can you come live with me? Floors are the one thing I hate to clean.

Oh, I figured out another thing. I press pens to my upper lip, preferably pens with cool metal bits.

vCash
    To this day I can't stand it if different foods on my plate touch each other. (The only exception is that I eat corn & mashed potatoes together.) At least I no longer eat my food in rotation, ie all my meat then all my potatoes then all my veggies like I used to do.

vCash
    Oleada I twitch all the time which landed me in trouble with my downstairs neighbour whose ceiling was shaking.

vCash
    I talk to animals all the time, especially my rabbit, I'm sure he's most intelligent

I also talk to the TV, especially to sports commentators, I have so much I want to comment on, and they need to hear it. Too bad they can't!

My friend is really cute, she has all kinds of weird doings. she can't touch cotton. she can't take the last pill of the box of allergy pills that she takes every day, so it's left alone there, and she saves them, so she has a pile of boxes, with only one pill on them. she never have eggs for breakfast, she doesn't like to crack them, fearing there's a live chicken inside.

vCash
    I read the newspaper from the inside out. Fluffiest sections first, and if I run out of time for the main news section, oh well...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jen_faith View Post
    I read the end of a book before the middle too. I figure it's logical. My time is precious and I don't get much free time to read. If I'm sort of-mostly interested in a book, I want to make sure I'll like the way it ends (i.e. the time invested in the book is worthwhile). Nothing more aggravating than a lousy ending and all that time invested in a book.

This drives my other half crazy
    I should have done that before I read Wives and Daughters. Then I would have known that the author had died before finishing it and I'd have to guess the ending, and wouldn't have spent SOOOOOO much time on it waiting for the end
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    To this day I can't stand it if different foods on my plate touch each other.
    A friend of mine is like this. She has a bunch of those school lunch trays with separate compartments for different foods so that they never touch each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    To this day I can't stand it if different foods on my plate touch each other. (The only exception is that I eat corn & mashed potatoes together.) At least I no longer eat my food in rotation, ie all my meat then all my potatoes then all my veggies like I used to do.
    I used to do both of these things when I was a kid, but I don't think I do either anymore. I had a lot of other weird eating hangups, like instead of salting my food evenly, I poured a little pile on my plate and dipped my food in it. I'm so glad I stopped that one; it got a lot of comments.

Nowadays the only food thing I can think of involves Oreos. I must always eat them in even numbers and in this pattern: the first is eaten as is, the second I take apart, eat the top, scrape out the middle with my bottom teeth, and then eat the rest. I continue with this pattern until I'm done eating them. I'm sure this looks really weird, now that I see it written out.

Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    I have to sleep with my wrists either covered or palm down on the blankets. It's a holdover from when I was a small child and was afraid that robbers would sneak in and slit my wrists.
    The whole reason I can only sleep on my right side is because of something my friend did when I was a kid. Remember the Bloody Mary game that kids played in front of the mirror? Well, she made up a far scarier version called Mary White. In her game, all you had to do was say "Mary White" in front of the mirror twice and then Mary White would come out and kill you. She locked herself in my room, and then came out and told me she had done that, but Mary White wouldn't come out until some other time, maybe even years later, to kill me. After that I couldn't sleep facing my mirror, which was to my left. I actually still have that mirror and I'm still alive for now.

vCash
    I talk to my male cat a lot more than the female one...I think it's because I'm constantly telling him how spoiled he is. He's absolutely rotten.

vCash
    spoon several spoons of peanut butter into a bowl and drizzle chocolate over it and eat it all

talk to Nina(my yorkshire terrier) and tell her where I'm going when I leave, and let her know "i'll be right back" or "see her this evening" I say it hoping that she gets used to at least the speech patterns before I leave...and hope she recognizes I always come back when I say those things.

rent movies with the intention of watching them, but then never watching them and still having late fees because I procrastinated watching them past the due date.

muttering to other people who obviously can't hear me, while driving.

If I forget to do laundry I'll iron and febreeze something to wear lol.(has only happened twice)

I always read magazines back to front. It's more comfortable for me to flip the pages that way.

vCash
    I don't like sleeping with the blanket tucked underneath the mattress. I need to set it free, otherwise I feel trapped and compressed when I sleep.

I know the names of the pets in my neighborhood but not their owners' (I keep forgetting!)

I destroy pens when I'm on conference calls.

When I was a kid, I used to eat pizza like this: take off the cheese, eat the edge, eat the crust and then eat the cheese.

To this day I eat my sandwiches edges first, then the corners, then what's between the corners (so I have a small square), then the corners again, etc.

vCash
    I don't think it's odd to talk to the . When mine wants something, she can do that "Puss in Boots" look from Shrek.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    I will step over ants or bugs outside - it's their world, I'm just passing through it.
    That sounds like a Stephen Wright joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    If I'm in the bathroom and have flushed the toilet, I will wait to turn on the faucet or shower until the toilet has finished. Something in my mind fears the mixing of toilet water with my faucet/shower water.
    I do that with my downstairs toilet and the washing machine. They are both on the same main drain. Of course my washing machine once backed up through the toilet, so, I guess that's not a strange worry .

I always talk to my dog, and he understands me .

Sometimes, when I am angry at someone and know that an argument is about to happen, I will have the argument out loud (usually in my car ). I don't argue both sides, just mine. But I do anticipate what the other person will say. I think I do it to hear what my arguments sound like and edit. But there are times when I am sure that the person in the lane next to me is wondering who the heck I'm talking to.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Take me or leave me! I do not take myself that seriously!

Oh, one thing I do do is this! Whenever I meet somebody I always wonder which leg they put in their pants first, doesn't matter whether they are everyday people or famous, it brings things to the proper level.
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    If I'm in the bathroom and have flushed the toilet, I will wait to turn on the faucet or shower until the toilet has finished. Something in my mind fears the mixing of toilet water with my faucet/shower water.
    I got tired of waiting for warm water to get to my bathroom sink. So now I turn on the faucet (half strength), use the toilet, and then the sink water is the correct temperature by the time I'm ready to use it. And no, I'm not wasting any more water than I did before. Before I just stood there and waited for it to warm up.

I'm obsessive about shutting doors. I can't stand it when someone leaves a kitchen cabinet door open. And I can't sleep if my closet doors aren't completely shut. Ironically I do leave my bedroom door open.
    I do that at the ice rink, like when children leave the hockey bench doors open. It just seems so dangerous to keep them open.

vCash
    I absolutely MUST read the newspaper in order. I hate it if someone else has read it before me and moved the sections around -- i have to reorganize it properly before starting on it (and yes, that means reading the funnies when I come across them too, not saving them for last!).
    just my two cents...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lurvylurker View Post
    I absolutely MUST read the newspaper in order. I hate it if someone else has read it before me and moved the sections around -- i have to reorganize it properly before starting on it (and yes, that means reading the funnies when I come across them too, not saving them for last!).
    Oh, you just reminded me of one. I absolutely hate it when I buy a paperback and my husband starts reading it before I'm done. I like the feel of a new book, the uncracked spine, etc. It drives me crazy that he'll pick it up and read it without saving my place. And, that when I want to read it he's got it and I get "5 more minutes, I want to finish this part...". Leave my book alone! You can have it when I'm done!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast