Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    It was Tyler Hilton.
    Thanks for correcting me. I had asked a couple of people because I loved it too. I was misinformed.

vCash
    I have to say watching the show live, Tanith and Ben were sublime! So smooth and sophisticated. Sinead & John were amazing too. (Never mind V&M and D&W!!)
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    I can't believe I missed this. I've gotten so bad at remembering skating schedules (or even remembering to look them up)!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Hey all, the Hallmark Channel rebroadcast schedule is posted on the Disson site. For this show, you'll have to wait until Feb. 15th from 6pm-8pm at and Feb. 21st from 1am-3am (for all you insomniacs...)!

vCash
    If you're in Canada, you get another chance Nov. 20 on Global from 8-10PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debrah View Post
    Enjoyed the show even though it was frustrating to watch as they cut to the stage for singers or the dancers, while the skating was going on which interupted the flow. Definitely a show that is best seen live. I would have opted to lose Kim/Brent and Emily and Evan so that both the musical acts could perform with dancers but without Skater's once, to get their closeups in for TV, and so Camera could focus on stage to catch everything going on above the ice, then their encore numbers with skater's could concentrate on the skating but starting and ending with shots of the musical acts then we could mostly all be happy.

I also agree with a previous poster's comment that there should have been more even distribution of Cdn, American, and the other nationalities of Ice dancer's who were invited to perform, etc., considering it was held in Canada. Perhaps they had intended for Dubreuil & Lauzon to participate but then they got pregnant, so they had to look elsewhere for talent... ......
    Unfortunately that comes along with watching a Disson show. I've found the discussion over marketing and what demographic Disson is going after interesting. It does seem to me that for the live show the producers are looking to fans of the musicians (or in this case dancers) rather than the skaters. However I wonder whom the target audience for the televised shows are. The way the programs are edited probably still fans of the performers. Just thinking "aloud."

Not liking the cutting aways from the skaters aside, I actually did enjoy Sundays broadcast.

Loved B&A (IMO they still had a season or two as competitors left in them), NavBoms (they didn't seem as free as they usually are; most likely not accustomed to the format) and the Kerr's second number. V&M's skating skills are still to die for but when they return to competition I'd love for Marina to get over the two young lovers staring up into the sky routine. Tessa and Scott are capable of more than that. Really liked L&T's second number.

I also liked Tanith's dress for "Use Somebody."

It's too bad Riverdance on Ice isn't until next February.

And Marie-France is expecting? I missed that particular piece of news. Congratulations to her and Patrice.

vCash
    Marie France is due in December! I've been catching up, about 1/2 way through the show and I've been enjoying it as well. Nice to see ice dance featured for a change! Feels like a bit of reunion seeing Lang & Tchernychev!! Love Kurt and Shae's PillBox hat number - super fun!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789