Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    The rankings are based purely on their music success and she only has one record. If they were measuring overall entertainment success, she surely would be higher.
    Also, the 2009 idols have a disadvantage since they didn't have all of 2009 to earn money and be successful.

The list is cool, but doesn't give a real picture of success and popularity.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Get over yourself, for chrissakes!
    No, you get over yourself. Why do you have to be such a drama queen every time someone challenges something you wrote?

Not that you deserve any explanation, but ...
    Another mature comment, I see.

"the Gaiken" is a term of endearment Kathy Griffin used in her stand-up a couple of years back.
    I know where it came from. It still doesn't make it right. A term of endearment, now that's funny. It just tells me that you copycat something without thinking for yourself how offensive it can be. Or how hurtful. Not to mention ignorant. And that's sad because you're gay, too. If you had a son and kids at his school did it to him, would that seem OK to you?

I also like Pickler, and will admit to liking a couple of her songs. Do you object to me caling her The Pickle, here on this private forum?
    You really don't see a difference between that and using someone's sexual orientation to make a joke out of their name, do you?

I don't find it offensive when someone like Kathy using "the Gaiken", gently, in her act. And neither did Clay.
    Yes, he did.

For some unexplainable reason you seem to have put Kathy Griffin on some kind of pedestal. She's human, she makes mistakes. She can be pretty mean-spirited, too. And just because she's a comedian you don't have to laugh at everything she says. Or parrot it.

ETA: Yes, I'm gay (thanks for pointing that out, whew, what a relief!) Along the same lines of The Gaiken, et al, my gay friends and personal FHs may call me "girl" or what-not all they want. But it'd be offensive (and pretty off-base, lol) for someone else to use it.
    But you said you don't know Clay, so wouldn't calling him Gaiken be offensive according to your own definition? (never mind, it's a rhetorical question)

Btw, I used to think describing another woman as a bitch was pretty innocuous or even a compliment in some cases. After all, isn't it what some people use to call self-assured, in control, women? I guess the common presence of it in the American society and especially the media lulled me (censorship in the media is pretty tight here, so if you can hear that word on national TV it can't be that bad, can it?) because God knows in my language it's such an offensive word, you're risking a slap in the face if you use it. And if you do, you're showing yourself to be really low class. And you would never ever hear it on national TV (or any TV for that matter). It's right up the C word alley. Anyway, we had an interesting discussion about that word here at FSU some time ago and after a while it did sink in and change my view about it. So maybe instead of getting defensive, maybe you could try giving it some thought? I wasn't chastising you, I was trying to make you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    I'm gay, too... and I call him Gay Claiken. And Kelly Clarkson is not fat... although you just called her that.
    There's a difference between stating someone's gay, fat, etc. and changing their name to make an insult or a joke with that word. It's immature. That's for Gaiken. As for Gay Claiken, you have to ask yourself why you have to mention his sexual orientation every time you say his name. I don't think about you as Gay Jayar every time I see you post, but that's me. As for Kelly, yes, I happen to think she's fat. As many other people do. But that wasn't the point. Changing someone's name using one of their characteristics (real or perceived) to make an insult or a joke was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post

There's a difference between stating someone's gay, fat, etc. and changing their name to make an insult or a joke with that word. It's immature. That's for Gaiken. As for Gay Claiken, you have to ask yourself why you have to mention his sexual orientation every time you say his name. I don't think about you as Gay Jayar every time I see you post, but that's me. As for Kelly, yes, I happen to think she's fat. As many other people do. But that wasn't the point. Changing someone's name using one of their characteristics (real or perceived) to make an insult or a joke was.
    You aren't like the rest of the world who refers to me as Gayar? Really?

If Kelly Clarkson is fat, I want to be that fat.

Banned Member
    vCash

She isn't a toothpick or gaunt, she has curves and a muffin top! They god she is human!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash

I have never seen you referred to a "Gayar" in any post. If you were I hope a ton of people objected.

Calling someone fat who is clearly overweight (I didn't even recognize her at first last night) is not the same as mocking someone for his/her sexual orientation. But if you want to be that overweight, go for it. And if you want to think slurs about gays are acceptable, maybe you should keep them to yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12