Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    I hope they do well and decide to stay until 2012 Euros in Sheffield!
    That would be awesome!

vCash
    Have just checked out the JGP postings. What's happened to Joe and Danielle?

vCash
    I don't know what happened, but Joe was trying out with other girls at the Solo Dance Championships recently.

vCash
    Danielle has had a lot of partners at Junior level. Perhaps she would have been too old for Juniors this year. Being nosey in asking but I dont suppose it is known which girls Joe was trying out with? In any case would be interesting to see who he does end up skating with.

vCash

Post Junior Grand Prix Entries

I was looking at the entry list for ISU dance events, and pleased to see that Helen Wray and Jack Finerty have got the Austria JGP place, with Kate-Louise Bagnall and Rory Shanahan as reserves. Presumably this is purely a decision based on the rankings? As Helen and Jack were ranked first in GB, or perhaps the final decision is still to be made following IJS Sheffield and performance team monitoring (although as far as Im aware neither of the above are on the performance team).

vCash
    senior pairs should be good with sally n jakub doing there first comp since moving from juniors
    sally illness is behind her now as she is getting back to full fitness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect Edge View Post
    I was looking at the entry list for ISU dance events, and pleased to see that Helen Wray and Jack Finerty have got the Austria JGP place, with Kate-Louise Bagnall and Rory Shanahan as reserves. Presumably this is purely a decision based on the rankings? As Helen and Jack were ranked first in GB, or perhaps the final decision is still to be made following IJS Sheffield and performance team monitoring (although as far as Im aware neither of the above are on the performance team).
    You only need to be on the dev team to get non-champ internationals like JGPs, so that's not a problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    You only need to be on the dev team to get non-champ internationals like JGPs, so that's not a problem.
    I just meant that they wouldnt have to be monitored presumably.

vCash
    Looking forward to Sheffield next week. Particularly the dance section novice and junior. A few new names and a couple of reshuffles. Also heard some have been training abroad. It should be interesting especially when monitoring the progress from last season.

vCash
    HAS ANYBODY GOT A LINK FOR THE SCORES AT SHEFFIELD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandfacer View Post
    HAS ANYBODY GOT A LINK FOR THE SCORES AT SHEFFIELD
    I've posted one in the GBR competitions news and results thread in the Kiss and Cry forum. You can also find it linked from the NISA site.

ETA: Results are up for Senior, Junior and Novice Pairs SP. Pairs events conclude and Dance events start on Thursday, Sept. 2.

Trivia: Sally Hoolin is now known as Sally Riding.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-01-2010 at 10:58 PM.

vCash
    couple of shocks in the novice and junior dance. Great result for Jones and Sharpe. Seems like they have improved a lot, mind u I always thought they had potential and such a good looking couple. Did anyone see the dance comps

vCash
    Sadly I didnt see the events, but its good to see healthy competition in both novice and junior dance events, Seniors is the event lacking the entries this year :s Are Beverley and Mathieu still competing?

Also have any competitive scores been released for this season? In particular for Junior and Senior dance events which now have just 2 sections. Finding it very hard to make a comment on scores from the short dance events when the only comparison is the French JGP.

vCash
    I saw the Dance competition and Senior Free Programmes. Agree with the comment above about Sophie and Richard - a real improvement in everything, especially presentation. In Seniors, Louise and Owen looked very good (particularly in the lifts), the French effect is really working for them. Highlight for me was the Short Dance of Charlotte and Josh - their Argentinian Tango section was absolutely superb and it's been a long time since a young British couple gave me goose bumps like that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penybrec View Post
    couple of shocks in the novice and junior dance. Great result for Jones and Sharpe. Seems like they have improved a lot, mind u I always thought they had potential and such a good looking couple. Did anyone see the dance comps
    Yes, Richard and Sophie were looking great - especially their Free Dance - very joyful and uplifting.

Wasn't it strange about the marks. The marks for the Short Dance Technical Element Score as published on the website are different from those read out on the day. All other marks from the Junior Dance are unaltered. If there was a problem with the software it surprises me that the discrepancies are not consistent amongst all the couples.

What did anyone think of the Cowards' Short Dance?

vCash
    RE: Sheffield

The marking situation was really odd with the change i n scores. I thought the Cowards were undermarked especially in comparison to scores they have already recieved this season, not a technical expert but their programs looked good.

vCash
    I didnt see the event sadly (shame some nice person couldnt video British IJS events and put it on youtube) but the Cowards recieved 0 for both segments of the Vienese Waltz (no such problem at their JGP) there were a couples of other couples who also had their compulsory sections unscored. So this probably largely explains the difference in the marking for the Cowards between the 2 events, obviously the British Judges found some issue with some of the short dances - hopefully this might be explained at some point (pinning hopes on an iSkate report).

P.S. Am aware there is a seperate thread in the Competitions thread re British IJS events (not sure of the title) so apologies if am repeating anything - dont have access to the thread.

vCash

Post Sinead and Johns Music Choices

Sinead and John have announced their music choiceshttp://www.sineadandjohn.com/ The Short Dance sounds good, but the free dance ... well ... have heard it all before, hoping it will be impressive though.

vCash
    Is there any other sport where the scores can be changed after the event or is it just ice skating?

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect Edge View Post
    Sinead and John have announced their music choiceshttp://www.sineadandjohn.com/ The Short Dance sounds good, but the free dance ... well ... have heard it all before, hoping it will be impressive though.
    So what are they? I don't see anything mentioned on their site.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast