Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    all hope in Jenna

vCash
    sally has been ill but is getting stronger day by day
    her and jakub are back in pairs training from today after her long lay off due to illness
    she has been back skating for a month or so working on her fittnes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandfacer View Post
    sally has been ill but is getting stronger day by day
    her and jakub are back in pairs training from today after her long lay off due to illness
    she has been back skating for a month or so working on her fittnes
    Thank you for the update.

Best wishes to Sally, hopefully her recovery goes well and we can see her in competition next season.

vCash
    Have heard some rumours flying around about some splits in the junior dance section. Anyone heard anything?

vCash

Well the splits I've heard of are Mathew Barlow&Danielle Calthorpe (he is now competing with Hazel Duckworth), and Charlotte Hester&Ryan Sowter (both I think looking for new partners. Would these be the splits you have heard about?

Remains to be seen (as in they have yet to compete after British) if Danielle/Joe, Sarah/Michael continue together, although in the case of the latter no reason to suggest they wouldnt. Dont know if Danielle Bennet, or Michael Bartram are young enough to skate at Junior level again in which case maybe those partner situs may be reconsidered?

vCash
    No NISA TV, or results ... or starting order from British Solo Dance taking place atm ... bit disappointing. Can anyone update with the results so far?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Thank you for the update.

Best wishes to Sally, hopefully her recovery goes well and we can see her in competition next season.
    sally is hoping to compete at the end of august

vCash
    Sinead and John are staying for one more season!

After much thought and cogitation we have now decided that we will be participating in the 2010-11 season. Sinead and I had always thought that the 2010 Olympic season would be our last but we both feel that there are still things in competitive skating that we would like to achieve before we retire.

We also felt that we would like to end our competitive career on a high and, despite some good results, we didn’t feel like we achieved that last year. The pressure of it being an Olympic season possibly got on top of us last season and we weren’t able to match our own, or others, expectations.
    http://www.sineadandjohn.com/diary.htm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    Sinead and John are staying for one more season!

http://www.sineadandjohn.com/diary.htm
    That is great news! I hope they do well and decide to stay until 2012 Euros in Sheffield!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandfacer View Post
    sally is hoping to compete at the end of august
    Thanks for the update on Sally, real pleased she`s hoping to compete (I`ll be at sheffield in august), seems real early in her recovery to be competing tho, do hope nisa arent insisting on entry, tho will be great to see what these two will be capable of when 100% fit. Chatted to a blackburn parent at hull and she said sally & jakub had performed at the rink for a money raising event and told me although sally looked completely exhausted by the end of the routine it she looked thrilled to be skating again.

So pleased we`ll see john and sinead this season, good news all round

vCash
    There seem to be a few new British pairs, all four of these at Hull open were also at the ISU pairs camp, http://www.haisc.co.uk/wp-content/up...7/CAT022RS.htm

Most are young enough for a few more years of junior.

(14/21) Katie Lathbury/John Hayes
    (14/16) Heather Murdoch/Lewis Gibson
    (14/17) Kathryn Thomson/Rhys Brown
    (13/15) Amber Ferguson/Steven Addcock

vCash
    i heard that some of them were not bad

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Great news about John and Sindead - Hope to get a chance to see them at Worlds... Fingers crossed they stay with us for Euros in 2012 too. Seeing them skate competitively (internationally) in the UK would be a real treat.

vCash
    Yeeeey to Sinead and John staying on another season, and also that we have these up and coming pairs :-) look forward to seeing all of them next season.

vCash
    Yaaaay!!! OMG, I don't know what I would do without the Kerrs next season. In the times when poor ice dancing is literally falling apart I need a sparkle of happiness and hope out there and Sinead and John never fail to secure me with that Not that I wasn't expecting it, because I was, ever since I found out about the Euros in Sheffield. And I begged them to stay maaany times myself as well Now I'm pretty sure they'll stay until 2012. Yay!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Sinead and John. And you know what? Screw the results, you're ones of the most beloved ice dancers in the whole wide world and that's pretty something

JEWELS.
    vCash
    From twitter:

http://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/statuses/18913887821
    International news from Liberty: J. Kerr in attendance, says British no. 2 team Coombes/Buckland now arriving to train with Platov in NJ

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Scottish duo Sinead and John Kerr set to continue on ice
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...ue-on-ice.html

The National Ice Skating Association has secured the 2012 European Figure Skating Championship for Sheffield but, at a reception at the World 2010 championship, the President of the International Skating Union, Ottavio Cinquanta, admonished NISA's representative saying they needed to develop their skaters to a higher level to be worthy of having such a high level event.

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    ^ouch.

vCash
    what?! lol what has he been smoking again? has he ever seen Croatian skaters before giving the 2008 AND 2013 Euros to Zagreb? or Estonian skaters? no offense to any of the above named nations, but really, GB does not have the worst skaters of some of the past Euros' hosts.

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    what?! lol what has he been smoking again? has he ever seen Croatian skaters before giving the 2008 AND 2013 Euros to Zagreb? or Estonian skaters? no offense to any of the above named nations, but really, GB does not have the worst skaters of some of the past Euros' hosts.
    But I think the perception will be that Croatia (to use your example) is an emerging skating nation whereas GB has a history and is not living up to what used to be a sterling reputation in terms of the current crop of skaters and development pipeline.

That aside though - It's not like having top level skaters in every discipline is a criteria for being awarded competitions... I mean Italy doesn't really have that in Pairs (and until just recently mens) but Torino has done pretty well the last few years... I'm sure Speedy would not like the suggestion of bias in those decisions.

OK the cumulative standing of John and Sinead, Kemp/King and Jenna is not as strong as that of Kostner, F/S and Contesti. But for GB those five are doing better than any in a long time and that should be recognised by ISU not derided. One senior international competition in how many years? It's not like GB has hosted in every quad since '94 and still not shown any improvements...

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast