Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Banned Member
    vCash
    [admin edit

vCash
    Sarah Coward's new dance partner is Avidan Brown -- they are ISU Junior age-eligible for this season only (2011-12) and scheduled to compete in the Chesapeake Open club competition's Junior Free Dance event in Laurel, Maryland next month. Brown previously represented Israel internationally: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00011446.htm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IcedIce View Post
    The judges were Jane Brown and Gill Storer. They were seperate test sessions but both times the standard of some of the tests were clearly not worthy of a pass.
    I guess these must have been lower level tests if there was only one judge present and I do think it was a (cost-cutting) mistake to get rid of two judges at each test session. However, I know and respect Jane Brown who is an experienced judge, and I would be very surprised if a test which was completely sub-standard in all its aspects was given a pass. I do not know the other lady mentioned.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Sarah Coward's new dance partner is Avidan Brown -- they are ISU Junior age-eligible for this season only (2011-12) and scheduled to compete in the Chesapeake Open club competition's Junior Free Dance event in Laurel, Maryland next month. Brown previously represented Israel internationally: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00011446.htm
    I have found this video on YouTube of Sarah and her new partner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB7BpLpvPLQ

I think she looked better when she skated with her brother Michael, and I am quite surprised that she has chosen a new partner who is a similar height to her.

vCash
    I didn't know she stopped skating with her brother. Since when does she skate with Avidan? Who does Michael skate with (or did he stop skating)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blondesnapper View Post

I think she looked better when she skated with her brother Michael, and I am quite surprised that she has chosen a new partner who is a similar height to her.
    Avidan is bending his knees much more than Sarah, which is creating the illusion that they are the same height. Once she develops more knee bend, it will be clear that there is sufficient height difference. He is also a bigger build than Michael, which gives a much better overall look.

I would say that they are a good match physically, and the coach looks to be working on basics to take Sarah to a higher level than she skated with her brother. From what I can see on these early videos, it looks much more promising than it did with Michael.

vCash
    I have found this video on YouTube of Sarah and her new partner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB7BpLpvPLQ

I think you'll find that Michael is too old for juniors so he had to be dropped. Poor kid he always worked so very hard. Heard he was going to university, good luck to him.

vCash
    Surely the level that Sarah is at would mean that she has learnt to bend her knees by now. Is it likely that she will suddenly change the way she has always skated? Knee bend is one of the basics of quality skating. Has she not been competing long enough now to know about the importance of knee bend!
    Knowing the importance of knee bend and acquiring it are 2 very different things. Especially if you are going to bend your knees AND extend your free leg AND keep a nice straight back. The top couples keep on improving in their speed and strength for years, and Sarah will probably make real leaps forward if she is skating with someone who is better than her in this department.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morelli View Post
    Knowing the importance of knee bend and acquiring it are 2 very different things. Especially if you are going to bend your knees AND extend your free leg AND keep a nice straight back. The top couples keep on improving in their speed and strength for years, and Sarah will probably make real leaps forward if she is skating with someone who is better than her in this department.
    Well said Morelli!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chillybot View Post
    I think you'll find that Michael is too old for juniors so he had to be dropped. Poor kid he always worked so very hard. Heard he was going to university, good luck to him.
    I agree and good luck to Michael, think maybe he was used just for his sister. He actually had a really good knee bend and had not been skating as long as Sarah so you would think Sarah would have improved her knee bend with Michael

vCash

Junior Dance

Looks like for Junior Dance Charlotte and Josh will have to move up (according to their ages on NISA website). Sophie and Richard are age eligible.
    Olivia Smart & Joseph Buckland competed at Lee Valley so expect will see more of them.
    Charlotte Hester and Jordan Brown are not age eligible next season but may compete at Junior level.
    Danielle Calthorpe & Paul Dredge are reported in iSkate to be preparing for Sheffield IJS.
    Kate-Louise & Rory I expect will also be competing.
    Jack Finerty has a new partner so may see them on the Junior scene too.
    Also imagine Annika & Henry may move up having won novices.
    As mentioned Sarah Coward and Avidan Brown

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Yet again, another British Skating Thread closed and yet again - There is no more discussion to be had. Cannot believe the crap these threads cause. Anymore started will be immediately closed. Thread under review and some bannings will happen.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829