Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Mark and Chrissy have made an announcement, this is a real shame but looks like they will continue together professionally.
    http://chitwood-hanretty.ice-dance.c...nal-6.5.10.htm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icekoolmum View Post
    Mark and Chrissy have made an announcement, this is a real shame but looks like they will continue together professionally.
    http://chitwood-hanretty.ice-dance.c...nal-6.5.10.htm
    Here's the link to the separate thread on their retirement from competitive skating: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73822

vCash
    If Sinead and John dont continue, and no new partnerships are formed, it could be a 3 couple event at the British 2010/11. And that assumes Beverley Carstairs/Mathieu qualify which I assume they havent previously. Numbers in British dance are certainly dwindling ... :-(

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect Edge View Post
    If Sinead and John dont continue, and no new partnerships are formed, it could be a 3 couple event at the British 2010/11. And that assumes Beverley Carstairs/Mathieu qualify which I assume they havent previously. Numbers in British dance are certainly dwindling ... :-(

I hadn't thought about that! Coomes/Buckland and Walden/Edwards would go to Europeans and Worlds.

Let's home Ker/Kerr carry on aye!

Unless Joah and Charlotte do Seniors.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSkate View Post
    I hadn't thought about that! Coomes/Buckland and Walden/Edwards would go to Europeans and Worlds.

Let's home Ker/Kerr carry on aye!

Unless Joah and Charlotte do Seniors.
    Yea Josh and Charlotte moving up isnt out the question, but I think unlikely, expect they would like to go to Junior Worlds and improve on last years performance ... whether they could also go to Euros too maybe I dont know. Compete at both levels ... although I think they have to skate Junior at the British to be eligible for Junior Worlds.

vCash
    Thanks to the admin. who added "Pairs" to this thread title! Reposting the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Not sure how to start a new thread if someone could do, I`d appreciate. I was wondering how the senior british pairs are doing preparing for the season? I know Sally Hoolin has been off the ice for 6 months or so with a serious form of anaemia but recently told she had been seen back on the ice, though told looked weak was hoping this is a sign they`ll be competing this year. David n Stacey I know are training hard but with so much water between hear nothing of Erica and Robert. Be nice to see a full podium at the british.

vCash

British Pairs

Sally doesnt seem to be having much luck in recent years does she, hopefully the rest of the season goes better for them.

Any new pairs on the horizon? James & Catherine at Juniors have a new rink to contend with (Romford) as Chelmsford is closed for refurbishment.

vCash

Post Solo Dance & IJS Couples

An entry list has been posted for the couples section at the solo dance final, only one couple from Lee Valley has entered, but some new couples to mention:

Novice Entries: Olivia Clarke/Jordan Brown (Bracknell), Hazel Duckworth/Mathew Barlow (Blackburn/Altrincham), Charlotte Dyson/Ryan Sharp (Ice Sheffield).

Junior Entries: Amber Crisp/Toby Wallis (Streatham), and Helen Wray/Jack Finerty (Slough).

Not all couples have entered all sections but gives us some idea as to who will be competing and at what level this season. Entry numbers are low. Slight surprise to see Hazel/Mathew entering novice level due to (his) previous success at this level but perhaps they are treating it as a warm up event. Charlotte Dyson/RYan Sharp both were pretty succesful in solo dance events so will be interesting to see how they perform.

vCash
    "Slight surprise to see Hazel/Mathew entering novice level due to (his) previous success at this level but perhaps they are treating it as a warm up event."

yes this is a little surprising especially as they are only doing the CD, if it is a warm up it seems a bit unnecessary if they intend to do junior given there is no longer a CD and it would be different anyway. Could it be something to do with tests? or maybe Hazel hasn't got the level 9 now necessary for Junior? or maybe they are going to do novice, like Josh/Gabriella did last year where Josh had already competed twice in Junior.

vCash

Im sure they have their reasons. Personally I wouldnt want to be a guinea pig for this new CD/Od 'Short Dance' or whatever it is being called now. If I had the choice would skate at novice rather than Junior.

Am also wondering if the couples from Lee Valley (Laura Kerr/Paul Dredge, Hannah/Daniel Linden, Philippa Betts-Dawson/Stephen Moore, Felicity Juckes/Joe Smith) will be competing later in the season, as limited oppotunities to compete is a slight surprise they have not entered the Solo Dance/Couples event but then it is strange timing for an IJS.

vCash
    Sinead and John have been entered for Canada and Russia Grand Prix events ... NISA being hopeful? Keeping options open for them? No events for Penny & Nick which is a shame but hopefully when/if teams drop out they might get an invite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect Edge View Post
    Sinead and John have been entered for Canada and Russia Grand Prix events ... NISA being hopeful? Keeping options open for them? No events for Penny & Nick which is a shame but hopefully when/if teams drop out they might get an invite.
    Last I heard they were still undecided so fingers crossed for them sticking around for at least one more season.

vCash
    Nisa don't enter Sinead and John for the Grand Prix events that is the ISU putting them in there.

Unfortunately Robert and Erica are no longer competing and have signed up to perform on a cruise ship in the Caribbean.

vCash
    Who are Robert and Erica? Sorry but I am only able to recognise skaters by their surnames.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Who are Robert and Erica?
    Riseeuw/Paxton - they were #44 on the Pairs SB scores list and the highest ranked pair not to have received a GP assignment (though their names may not have been submitted).

Quote Originally Posted by houston View Post
    Nisa don't enter Sinead and John for the Grand Prix events that is the ISU putting them in there.
    As I understand it, the individual federations were supposed to submit the names of their skaters/teams that wanted to be considered for Grand Prix selection by mid-May, including a seeded team like the Kerrs who may have not made a final decision yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Who are Robert and Erica? Sorry but I am only able to recognise skaters by their surnames.
    Robert Paxton and Erica Risseeuw.

vCash
    Ah yes of course. Thanks.

That's too bad but I guess it must have cost him a lot of money to train in Canada, getting citizenship was impossible for her so they could have felt they didn't have too many options.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 06-14-2010 at 11:31 PM.

vCash
    Boo :-( Not another strong pair/dance team quitting. After only 2 years as well but can understand their reasons. If the Kerrs do call it a day the face of British skating could change quite dramatically.

vCash

Unfortunately Robert and Erica are no longer competing and have signed up to perform on a cruise ship in the Caribbean.
    Which ship? I am cruising in a few months, and it would be cool to see them!

vCash

what a depressive post/thread...nothing is sure about Kerrs, Riseeuw/Paxton don't want to skate competitively (she was lovely and they really had potential...) . plus Chitwood/Henretty split, not to mention Towler-Green/Poole...
    all hope in Jenna

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast