Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Post British Ice Dance and Pairs Take 2

**Only post if it is relevant to the subject of this thread - British Ice Dance**
    Ok so my previous thread got shut down because the topic was changed to NISA ... so I'll try again.

The British Ice Dance Season for 10-11 will kick off alongside with an IJS Couples Dance event alongside the Solo Dance Final. May give us some ideas as to who may/may not be competing this year.

From what I've been reading in the previous thread, iSkate and partnersearch and IJS Lee Valley these are the couples in/out of competition this year:

Seniors Sinead/John, Penny/Nick, Christina/Mark, Louise/Owen, Beverley/Matheiu. Partnerless= Melyssa James, Philippa Towler-Green

Juniors
    Charlotte/Josh, Danielle/Joe, Sarah/Michael, Olivia/Michael, Sophie/Richard. Also Kate-Louise/Rory, and Helen/Jack from novice, and new team Hazel/Mathew? Partnerless= Danielle Calthorpe, Charlotte Hester, Ryan Sowter, Gabriella Battershill, Zoeanna Battershill.

Novice Annika/Henry, Olivia Clarke/Jordan Brown, Laura Kerr/Paul Dredge, Hannah/Daniel Linden.

Any new teams to mention or additions to the above/progress reports? Anyone likely to attend Sheffield for the IJS Dance?

vCash
    Well done Imperfect Edge for trying again, lets hope it lasts longer and is not hi-jacked!!

It looks like Juniors may be a very interesting season especially if Charlotte and Josh stay there, they looked fantastic last year.

vCash
    Yay for British ice dance

I will be extremely shocked if Sinead and John retire.

We need some more male ice dancers! Too many good ladies are partnerless. I would have though JK switching and doing so well might have encouraged a few more people! I know Mark switched to dance as well, and he is extremely talented IMO.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    One more thing, I can't wait to see how Annika and Henry progress, and Hannah & Daniel Linden too!

vCash
    I'm excited to see any progress with Louise/Owen. I saw them live at one of the JGPs last season, and they were really charming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    I'm excited to see any progress with Louise/Owen. I saw them live at one of the JGPs last season, and they were really charming.
    I think you might mean a different team or a different event - Louise and Owen haven't competed in Juniors for a few years (and never together!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I think you might mean a different team or a different event - Louise and Owen haven't competed in Juniors for a few years (and never together!)
    You may be right! I confused them with Aiken and partner! Sorry!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    You may be right! I confused them with Aiken and partner! Sorry!
    Oh ok! I can't wait to see Charlotte and Josh - I've seen them skate separately but never together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Oh ok! I can't wait to see Charlotte and Josh - I've seen them skate separately but never together
    I think these two have such a lot of potential. Joan Slater's aren't they?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    I think these two have such a lot of potential. Joan Slater's aren't they?
    Me too. You are right about them being coached by Joan. They both train at Deeside. In fact Charlotte and Josh recently took part in the Ice Skate Wales Gala at Deeside Ice Rink and I heard good reports about their performance.

In Seniors meanwhile.. Penny and Nick have a new website and they talk about their early pre-season training in their journal entry on the site.
    http://pennyandnick.ice-dance.com/

vCash
    I wonder what criteria will be used for the IJS event after the solo dance - is this to be an extra IJS effectively? Or instead of the normal Sheffield IJS?

vCash
    It appears to be an extra IJS event for couples only as there is still an IJS event in Sheffield at the end of August/early September. The info on the NISA website states junior and senior couples will use 09/10 criteria, but novices will use 2010/11 criteria.

vCash
    Oh right, I imagine that will put off a lot of Junior and Seniors from competing, as I expect they are all working on next years programs etc now if they are planning to compete. But then it would be very early for them to have the new programs ready, so we'll see, I live in hope of an interesting competition.

vCash
    I think that using the 09/10 criteria (which was used for Lee Valley IJS so they don't need to learn anything new) is because of the proposed changes for Juniors and Seniors from CD+OD to the new Pattern Dance next season. I did read somewhere on the website that it will allow couples to pass tests using dances they already have.

vCash
    Looking forward to the new round of IJS. It will be interesting to see how the couples have interpreted the new dance patterns and music rules. Am hoping for a bit of life and fun especially in the FD

vCash
    Hi,

Im new on here so i don't really know how this all works but i wondered if anyone could confirm or deny something i heard at the rink last weekend.

Is it true that Chitwood/Hanretty have called it a day?

To be honest, it wasn't the first time i have heard this news, and i wondered if anyone in the FSU community had heard anything about it?

vCash
    I did hear this a month or so ago, but hoped that it wasn't true - or that they would change their minds. As far as I know there is no 'official' confirmation so maybe they will simply have a break for a while, go on holiday, recharge the batteries so to speak and come back refreshed for the new season. I hope so anyway.

vCash
    Chrissy and Mark recently performed together at the Breast Cancer Charity Gala in Oxford. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-VZ-OVdaYA

Find out more about what they have been doing/what's coming up in their own words here:
    Mark's April Journal - http://chitwood-hanretty.ice-dance.c...2010-mark.html
    Chrissy's May Journal - http://chitwood-hanretty.ice-dance.c...0-chrissy.html
    Last edited by Starshine6; 06-02-2010 at 10:24 AM.

vCash
    Oh well that sounds quite promising.

Although, after Mark's engagement, it wouldn't be suprising if they wanted to settle down now. Sounds like we'll have to wait and see...

vCash
    That would be a real shame ... was/am looking forward to another battle for second (or 1st?) place. They are so young too although would be understandable if they did decide that. Fingers x'd they keep going.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast