Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Andrew's income is less than Charles'?
    Yes. Prince Charles is a multimillionaire in his own right independent of the Queen's vast fortune. I believe most of his personal wealth is from the Duchy of Cornwall which accompanies the Prince of Wales title. Prince Andrew, otoh, is dependent upon whatever allowance the Palace settles on him. He may also receive a pension from his service in the Royal Navy.

From a strictly financial standpoint, Sarah Ferguson would have done better to marry a wealthy businessman or entertainer than a younger son of the Queen of England. Also, Tina Brown opined that Buckingham Palace screwed Fergie over in her divorce settlement.

Hmmmm. What about the toe-sucking financial analyst who said Fergie didn't listen to him regarding his financial advice?
    He's probably right. She may have expensive tastes and little financial sense. Otoh, she's a public figure and the former Duchess of York. Her public may have expectations about how she should dress, etc. that she feels pressured to live up to. In her shoes, I would have adjusted my lifestyle to my income and let the chips fall where they may. But then, I don't waste much time wondering what people who don't even know me think about me.

vCash
    What about the toe-sucking financial analyst who said Fergie didn't listen to him regarding his financial advice?
    I would like to know who else this guy has given advice to, and how credible he is, before listening to any advice he has to give to anyone.

IIRC he lives off a trust fund from his wealthy family, and so "financial adviser" is just what he calls himself because he doesn't have to work.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I don't think this is that big a deal, and it's only getting attention because of who she is - because stuff like this happens all the time. Businesses pay lobbyists to get them in front of government, people and businesses pay PR people to get them in good with media, law firms hire former politicians for their connections, charities put bigwigs on their boards for the same reason.

Obviously if Sarah wants to style herself as a consultant who can connect people to Andrew, then Andrew should know about it (ethically, and as a courtesy to the father of her children), but otherwise I don't see what the fuss is all about.

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    I fell fast asleep during the Oprah-Fergie interview today. What I did see, I don't buy. Another "I'm addicted-I've hit rock-bottom" celebrity boo-hoo. Jeez. I am beginning to see why the Brits have had it with her.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubak View Post
    I fell fast asleep during the Oprah-Fergie interview today. What I did see, I don't buy. Another "I'm addicted-I've hit rock-bottom" celebrity boo-hoo. Jeez. I am beginning to see why the Brits have had it with her.
    I just watched it. She seemed to have a very flat affect as if she were on some medication. Not that she should have been excitable, but everything sounded "gray," even the things that were hard to admit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    From a strictly financial standpoint, Sarah Ferguson would have done better to marry a wealthy businessman or entertainer than a younger son of the Queen of England.
    At this point, she should hook up with Paul McCartney's ex-wife .

Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    I just watched it. She seemed to have a very flat affect as if she were on some medication. Not that she should have been excitable, but everything sounded "gray," even the things that were hard to admit.
    I could never understand anything she says. Maybe it's the accent. Or maybe even Brits think she talks as if she has marbles in her mouth.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Yes. Prince Charles is a multimillionaire in his own right independent of the Queen's vast fortune. I believe most of his personal wealth is from the Duchy of Cornwall which accompanies the Prince of Wales title. Prince Andrew, otoh, is dependent upon whatever allowance the Palace settles on him. He may also receive a pension from his service in the Royal Navy.
    That's almost right, except that Charles' income comes from the lands he has as Duke of Cornwall, not Prince of Wales. The only thing he gets from that title is that. The title.

The only money Andrew has is his yearly allowance from the Civil List, his Naval Pension and whatever he gets as a Peer of the Realm of the House of Lords. That's it!!

As for the interview...She sure didn't do herself any favours and the ones I feel the most sorry for are the Girls. Not only is this added stress they don't need to begin w/, but they're both sitting their University Exams right now.

Perfect timing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Obviously if Sarah wants to style herself as a consultant who can connect people to Andrew, then Andrew should know about it (ethically, and as a courtesy to the father of her children), but otherwise I don't see what the fuss is all about.
    Because the Queen is still the Head of State in England. So the opportunity to lobby a member of her family is (theoretically) access to power that could override the decisions of Parliament and the voters.

It's not illegal but it certainly is unethical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    I could never understand anything she says. Maybe it's the accent. Or maybe even Brits think she talks as if she has marbles in her mouth.
    Several years ago Fergie was on Bill Maher's old show on ABC. She was talkinga bout her daughter Beatrice, and everyone, including Bill, thought she was calling her daughter a 'bitch'. It was so funny, and everyone was hearing it like Bill did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    It's a little hard to believe that Andrew was completely clueless.
    Well, I have always thought that Andrew was as he married that woman years ago (and later divorced, which was no surprise at all).

vCash
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ps.html?cat=17

The late Lynn Redgrave was quoted a few years back calling Fergie a "Rent-a-Royal".

What I don't understand is why she's been crying broke all these years....she's sold books and been a spokesperson for Weight Watchers.
    I just watched the film, "The Young Victoria" and noticed that Sarah Ferguson was one of the producers. I wondered out loud if it was the Duchess of York Sarah, my daughter checked the Netflix slip and sure enough it was!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12