Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Sarah Ferguson Caught 'Selling Access' to ex Prince Andrew - for $750K!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ps.html?cat=17

The late Lynn Redgrave was quoted a few years back calling Fergie a "Rent-a-Royal".

What I don't understand is why she's been crying broke all these years....she's sold books and been a spokesperson for Weight Watchers.

How humiliating for her and her family. ABC Nightly News did the story too, and it was so obvious what she was doing. And the Queen ain't happy. Understandably, neither is Prince Andrew.
    Last edited by Rex; 05-24-2010 at 01:16 AM.

vCash
    I am not defending Sarah, but if the Queen of England was your mother in law, how easy would it be to make her happy?
    I suspect rhe Queen is not the easiest mother in law to live with. or ex-mother in law.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I am not defending Sarah, but if the Queen of England was your mother in law, how easy would it be to make her happy?
    I suspect rhe Queen is not the easiest mother in law to live with. or ex-mother in law.
    True, I don't disagree with that, but she was caught red-handed selling access to her ex-husband for cash. It doesn't matter what kind of MIL ol' Liz is - this is shady.

vCash
    I find this bizarre and disturbing.

She still lives a life of luxury but is always crying poor so I don't have much sympathy for her.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Here's tonight's very complete report (well, four minutes) from NBC Nightly News.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#37304253

Scotland Yard says it's unlikely a crime.

She arrived in Los Angeles today to receive an award and has made a statement. She says she's devastated.

(For those interested in other things, the reporter at the 2:30 mark is a hunk! lol)
    Last edited by soxxy; 05-24-2010 at 01:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    True, I don't disagree with that, but she was caught red-handed selling access to her ex-husband for cash. It doesn't matter what kind of MIL ol' Liz is - this is shady.
    I don't know what to think about ms. sarah's actions, I was just responding to the queen not being happy.

vCash
    Understandably, neither is Prince Andrew.
    It's a little hard to believe that Andrew was completely clueless.

vCash
    Wouldn't shock me at all if he was getting half

vCash
    Methinks she's going off her rocker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I don't know what to think about ms. sarah's actions, I was just responding to the queen not being happy.
    Liz is NEVAH happy!!!

vCash
    Gotta love those Brit tabloids. Sarah is the second high profiled person in as many weeks to be catch on tape saying things they would love to take back. LOL

vCash
    Original article

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...ce-Andrew.html

What's equally sad is she is no longer tiffed, either .

But I'm clueless when it comes to bribing royalty. Why would someone want to pay that much in the first place?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    Why would someone want to pay that much in the first place?
    For the same reason we're talking about it here. Royals fascinate people, even though few admit it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    For the same reason we're talking about it here. Royals fascinate people, even though few admit it.
    That's not my impression of the reason the reporter asked for access at all. He was posing as a businessman, and from the conversation, it seems that Andrew holds significant pull with certain things business-wise. The article describes Andrew as a "trade envoy" with influence on international deals.

ETA: Andrew is the UK Special Representative for International Trade and Investment.
    Last edited by GarrAarghHrumph; 05-24-2010 at 02:40 PM.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    she explained to Oprah why she did it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37439590...-entertainment

(literally "no pryde" )

THE financial adviser photographed sucking Fergie's toes 18 years ago has told pals: "She should have listened to me."

John Bryan, 52, admitted he wasn't surprised she is deep in scandal after demanding £500,000 for access to her ex, Prince Andrew.

He told a friend: "She always wanted a first class lifestyle on an economy ticket."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-suck-pal.html

vCash
    Fergie sounds a bit foolish.

vCash
    Not buying her excuse. She appeared very much in control.

vCash
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ps.html?cat=17

The late Lynn Redgrave was quoted a few years back calling Fergie a "Rent-a-Royal".

What I don't understand is why she's been crying broke all these years....she's sold books and been a spokesperson for Weight Watchers...
    If you can believe Tina Brown's "The Diana Chronicles", money (or lack of it) has always been a problem for Sarah Ferguson. During her marriage to Prince Andrew, her wardrobe was always being compared to Princess Diana's but neither she nor Prince Andrew had the income the Prince and Princess of Wales enjoyed. She also was generous enough to pay off her divorced mother's substantial debts. Of course most people get by on far less money than Sarah Ferguson but most people don't have to contend with public expectations and the tabloids.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Naughty naughty, you will get caughty. *wags finger*
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    If you can believe Tina Brown's "The Diana Chronicles", money (or lack of it) has always been a problem for Sarah Ferguson. During her marriage to Prince Andrew, her wardrobe was always being compared to Princess Diana's but neither she nor Prince Andrew had the income the Prince and Princess of Wales enjoyed. She also was generous enough to pay off her divorced mother's substantial debts. Of course most people get by on far less money than Sarah Ferguson but most people don't have to contend with public expectations and the tabloids.
    Andrew's income is less than Charles'? Hmmmm. What about the toe-sucking financial analyst who said Fergie didn't listen to him regarding his financial advice?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast