184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delobel & Schoenfelder

61 33.15%
  • Belbin & Agosto

123 66.85%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icedance21 View Post
    I also don't think an Olympic silver is about equal to a world title. It's still a runner-up medal. I'd rather have a world title and no Olympic medals, but that's just me.
    True. I understand why an Olympic medal is special, but I don't understand why some people consider an Olympic medal harder to achieve than a World a medal. The athletes compete against the same people at both the Olympics and Worlds. In the end, all that matters is what happens in one particular night.

vCash
    Delobel&Schoenfelder. World Champions. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by azskatefan View Post
    If we're talking about careers, not just a single season, Belbin & Agosto hands down. I think they changed ice dancing in a way that Delobel & Schoenfelder did not.

Not in a positive way, I might add

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vivika1982 View Post
    There is no point in comparing both teams but I am voting for B/A. It is not because of the amount of medals but for their charismatic style .And for some D/S may have more impact on FS but to be honest the only program that i can call memorable is "Frida" and i like almost all B/A programs .
    "charismatic style"? really? I mean, I know we're all free to like what we like, but at this point I'm really curious about your definition of charisma, coz I have the impression we understand it totally differently...

I can't believe you actually like only one dance by D/S. I mean, I tended to fall even for their CDs! I remember their tango CD from few seasons ago... oh my, that was really something. Sparkles all around. They were the kind of team who could even make a CD look stunning, special and entertaining. And that's an ability only few have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    "charismatic style"? I'm really curious about your definition of charisma, coz I have the impression we understand it totally differently...

I can't believe you actually like only one dance by D/S. I mean, I tended to fall even for their CDs! I remember their tango CD from few seasons ago... oh my, that was really something. Sparkles all around.
    Ok ,we obviously look with different eyes and yes they are charming and always skated with passion and joy .Ever since someone quoted Natalia Linichuk coment about them not having a style people started repeating it, but can someone tell me why the choreography of their 2009 and 2010 OD's are similar to their early programs /not in a good way/ and how many Ice Dance teams have their trade mark programs /besides P/B, R/K,A/P , DenSta, K/K/ I don't want to get in argument, it is just pointless because as many heads as many opinions .I apreciate D/S as hard working and innovative and already gave my reasons why they are not my cup of tea.Yes , honestly i liked only "Frida" and some of their Gala programs .I admit that they have good skating skills and innovative lifts but without connection between them and the right expression it looks like high level exercise not like ice dance and forgive me for saying this but the only spakles i noticed were coming from their costumes .As for WC title i was relieved that they won but it wasn't exactely an exciting" YES" it was more of "Finally" because they were the last one from their league competing with younger teams and i believe the 2007 EC gold medal was their real victory .
    Last edited by vivika1982; 05-25-2010 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vivika1982 View Post
    i believe the 2007 EC gold medal was their real victory .
    why, because they won with Denkova/Stavisky? They already won with them at 2006 Olys. And actually I didn't like their free dance from that season too much (I mean Isa&Oli's). That is why their 2008 world title was so amazing - because won in a beautiful style with a stunning FD. I don't want it to sound offensive towards you, cause I know many people think this way, but i really don't get why so few people ever noticed what a masterpiece "the Piano" was. I will never ever understand the crazy people who awarded K/N's devil/witch/whatever FD with bigger appaluse than the Piano in Zagreb. I mean, I was there and it left me in a permanent shock. I seriously felt like shouting "what is wrong with you people?!" at them

but anyway, aaah, the tastes... it's amazing how different people can see the same things in such different ways, isn't it?

vCash
    I voted Delobel/ Schoenfelder because I think a career is ultimately determined by the quality, memorability and execution of the programs. I know I'll be re- watching many D/S programs as the years go by- starting with Frida all the way to Jacques Brel, with the Piano and Pink Floyd in- between, among others. Of course, it is a very subjective criteria.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post

but anyway, aaah, the tastes... it's amazing how different people can see the same things in such different ways, isn't it?
    Soo true .
    Now , i believe their 2007 won is more valuable because they were great in CD,OD and FD ,not because they competed with Albena and Max and this coming from DenSta fan should mean something don't you agree ? As for both FD's - for me "Bonny and Clyde" was more refreshing and exciting than "The Piano" .But this is Just my"Arm chair fan" Humble Opinion which again gets us to the point that we all vote according to our tastes and i value each vote for D/S and B/A. BTW the fact that there is a thread for those teams means they both have a big impact on Ice Dance and figure skating.

vCash
    Belgosto is my choice.

I never really got into Delschoes skating. I first saw them live at 2005 Skate America, and I didn't know who they were (I admit it, I wasn't much of a dance fan back then). I watched the OD and was really shocked they were placed so high. They seem like really charming people, and I really liked some of their moves, but the height difference always bothered me. Lots of people will disagree with me, but I think B/A had far better skating skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Belgosto is my choice.

I never really got into Delschoes skating. I first saw them live at 2005 Skate America, and I didn't know who they were (I admit it, I wasn't much of a dance fan back then). I watched the OD and was really shocked they were placed so high. They seem like really charming people, and I really liked some of their moves, but the height difference always bothered me. Lots of people will disagree with me, but I think B/A had far better skating skills.
    Yeah, I can disagree with you, skateboy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    Yeah, I can disagree with you, skateboy
    Of course you can! Hell, if we all agreed with one another on this board we'd having some pretty boring discussions, wouldn't we?

vCash
    Boring discussions, never
    Boring skating=Belbin/Agosto

vCash
    How is a European title better than an Olympic medal and why is that mentioned? I'm surprised no one has mentioned B&A's many US Nationals titles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    How is a European title better than an Olympic medal and why is that mentioned? I'm surprised no one has mentioned B&A's many US Nationals titles.
    who said it was? as far as I know, everybody has been comparing World title to Olympic silver so far. I believe the European title was mentioned as a "title", meaning a big victory in comparison to B/A's many medals but without the golds (at major competitions).

Now let me ask you a question - how is a US National title better than a French title?

vCash
    who said it was?
    CNTR-F is your friend.

Now let me ask you a question - how is a US National title better than a French title?
    You obviously haven't read a "Kwan vs. Not a US Lady" thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    If I were in their place, I would much rather be remembered as part of D/S than B/A. So I choose D/S as having the better career.
    Just like me and for the same reason.

vCash
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned B&A's many US Nationals titles.
    Since the years they did win there was no other top U.S team. It is not like a U.S ladies title any of those years. It would have been different had they beaten Davis & White to win in either 2009 or 2010 of course. I tend to agree their U.S dance titles arent much different than a French dance titles. Delobel & Schoenfelder would have easily won U.S Nationals all the same years Belbin & Agosto did as well.

vCash
    You obviously haven't read a "Kwan vs. Not a US Lady" thread.
    Nope, I haven't. So I still don't understand what you mean, you know. But I guess it would be just too hard for you to give me a proper response and just explain what you mean, huh? Anyway, I agree with judgejudy27 on that one - D/S would have won US nationals easily in the years when B/A won them.

vCash
    When it comes to the womens I saw U.S Nationals during the Kwan era as in general on par with Europeans. When it comes to dance U.S Nationals except for this year with B&A and D&W going head to head is just another Nationals.

vCash
    Oh, ok, I think I get the point now. And yes, it's not the same with ladies and dance. Actually I think France has an awesome "school" of ice dancers so I really think the US title (from the era before the in-form D/W ) is quite comparable with the French title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    I understand why an Olympic medal is special, but I don't understand why some people consider an Olympic medal harder to achieve than a World a medal. The athletes compete against the same people at both the Olympics and Worlds. In the end, all that matters is what happens in one particular night.
    Yep, but that particular night at the Olympic is sooooo much more pressure, happening only once every four years, with the whole world watching--certainly many times more people watching than those who watch the world championships. Plus, it's the one event that winners can really be catapulted into superstars--or not.

I'm sure Kurt Browning would trade all his World titles for an Olympic gold. Talk about a skater who was worthy of an Olympic medal!

Think of other winter sports--I recognize some of the Olympic winners of snowboarding, skiing events, luge, etc., but I honestly have no idea who won what in those respective sports' world championships, or how many times... Not to put down a worlds win--it's a great accomplishment--but I don't think it comes close to Olympic pressure. JMO.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast