Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST FINALE

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash

LOST FINALE

omg omg omg it's almost here!

If you've got spoilers - keep 'em to yerself (or use spoiler tags).

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    [spoiler]I heard that the bomb they set off is the true story and every single person ends up dead.[\spoiler]

P.S. Did I do the spoiler tags correctly??

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    don't make me hurt you. I haven't forgiven you for single-handedly getting Happy Town canceled
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

That's twice in one day you've made me laugh.

P.S. Re: Happy Town: You're welcome!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    GULP It's almost here! Unreal!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    SOOOOO EXCITED!!

However I'm a bit disappointed in how some of the island mysteries were explained... so I think I am going to focus my enjoyment on the resolutions of the Losties instead.

You should listen in on my conversation with my brother regarding the mysteries. We decided that by the end all unexplained questions will be answered by 'Cuz of super God light...'

vCash
    Some more Ben fun (not as good as the Letterman Top 10 IMO but still)

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    I'm enjoying reading all the tribute articles (non-spoilery) to LOST. Here's a good one:

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/20...all-about.html

"Lost" was a show we had to see to believe and even now, six seasons later, it defies description. Go ahead and try to explain it to a non-"Lostie": "Well, it's a drama about faith-versus-reason, redemption and salvation, supernatural beings, time travel, religion, philosophy, electromagnetism, lottery numbers, hatches, dead fathers, smoke monsters, frozen donkey wheels ..." Oh, just rent the darn DVDs!

and

"Lost," we soon realized, wasn't just a sprawling serial drama. It was a complex, multisided Rubik's Cube that dared you to crack it. And some viewers spent more time trying to do just that than they did on their college dissertations.

vCash
    Sooooo I wonder if Desmond is going to some how go down into the light(for some reason), since he has the resistance.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Aside from all the other interviews etc, we have 8 1/2 hours of Lost this weekend - 2 hour pilot, 2 hour recap, 2 1/2 hour finale, 1 hour Kimmel special!

vCash
    Not sure how spoilery this is but during a short preview, Lindecuse said

Spoiler

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    The pilot has SO much more meaning for me now that I know more of what happened in later seasons. For example, one part was when Claire finally felt her baby kick again after the crash and Jin was the only Lostie standing there so he felt it with her. Jin never got to meet his own baby so I got a little teary there. *sob*

And now they're heading up the big hill and Sawyer just shot the polar bear. I DON'T WANNA SAY GOODBYE YET LOST!!!!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Heather, do what we're doing. Son and I are watching the first season over again - we're now up to the raft's first days at sea and Artz exploding. Good times.

Oh, and I've noticed that Smokey doesn't like dynamite. (Jack tossed it down the hole when Smokey had Locke to get Locke free.

Did we ever figure out what the little black wisps of smoke were? They were all over the place first season? Could smokey send out bits of himself?

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Heather, do what we're doing. Son and I are watching the first season over again - we're now up to the raft's first days at sea and Artz exploding. Good times.
    I wish I could but I don't have time tomorrow. I won't even get to watch the recap tomorrow night because I have to be at church for youth group (I'm a counselor). I'm recording it all though so I'll watch it eventually and I'll be home with plenty of time to watch the finale with everyone here. I do want to start watching the series all over again but that may be my summer project between baseball games.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Less than 24 hours to go - I can hardly believe we are so close to the end!! Also looking forwards to the Jimmy Kimmel show - the alternative endings should be interesting!!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Watching that pilot was a trip. Those six years went by more easily in real life than for the Losties, I've got to admit.

I didn't remember how loathesome Sawyer seemed in the first few episodes. He was definitely the stereotype redneck jerk. That character's evolution was one of the best of any on the show, I think.

And reading the subtitles made me realize just how much detail and plot there was, I couldn't even remember some of the things they alluded to. What a Chinese puzzle box of a show!
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I've always wondered - why does Smokey make the weird animal-sounding noises (not the ticka-ticka ones) when he approaches angrily. If he snuck up quietly his kills would be much easier!

Did I just give killing tips to a smoke monster? I have issues.

And I posted in the True Blood thread, but during the True Blood promo that will be in the LOST finale, there will be some weird code thingie that you can go through a lot of high tech steps to use to get a special peek at season 3 of True Blood (which starts June 13). All I know so far about the clip is that Alexander Skarsgård's impressive abs are involved. And an FYI for those who don't know, Carrie Preston, Michael Emerson's wife, is in True Blood and played his mother on LOST.

It's so sad to think that LOST is ending. So many actors we had never heard of before became superstars, and sadly many will not have this success again. Just think, most of us had never heard of Henry Ian Cusick. Evangeline Lilly hadn't done anything before. Daniel Dae Kim's cheekbones (which I covet because of his hotness and their absolute amazingness) weren't as desired.

The show had its ups and downs, but man, if it hasn't been as entertaining as it has been insanely insane and frustrating.

vCash
    My better half is so sassy, whilst I was out buying groceries for tonight's viewing soiree, he's been printing homemade "DHARMA" labels for almost everything in the apartment!

My bathroom, kitchen, and liquor cabinet look like Desmond's hatch!

And here I thought I was the witty one, having "Hawaiian" pizzas on the menu with mai-tais served in retro tiki-like goblets. Sushi too! (We couldn't find boar cutlets......)

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    I think no matter what happens I'm going to take at least a year off and not watch anything related to LOST once the finale airs. Not my DVDs, not the syndicated airings, nothing. I want to take a break and then watch the entire series from start to finish. I think a little time and distance before revisiting the show as a whole will make it an interesting experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Did we ever figure out what the little black wisps of smoke were? They were all over the place first season? Could smokey send out bits of himself?
    Are you talking about wisps that accompany the whispers? I know the whispers were explained as people who died on the island trying to communicate with the living...but I can't remember if wisps of smoke appear with them.

ETA: I looked on LOSTpedia and Smokey does in fact sometimes appear as wisps, so it's him, not the dead whisperers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    My better half is so sassy, whilst I was out buying groceries for tonight's viewing soiree, he's been printing homemade "DHARMA" labels for almost everything in the apartment!
    That's so cool! to other half!

I am going to that LOST party at a local movie house, so I'll be celebrating with a couple hundred people I don't know.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast