Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indra486 View Post
    Yep, she did and she fell on it. I was wondering where Miki would have placed with a successful quad and triple-triple since we're all assuming that everyone would land their planned jump layout.
    It was a rhetorical question.

I know she fell on the quad, and I also wonder where Miki would've placed if she performed two clean programs.

vCash
    Wow I didnt realize Miki even tried the quad in Turin. I guess she realized her only hope of a medal there was to do something like that. Was that the only quad she tried after fall of 2004?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Wow I didnt realize Miki even tried the quad in Turin. I guess she realized her only hope of a medal there was to do something like that. Was that the only quad she tried after fall of 2004?
    Yes, I think it was the only quad after 2004.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    It was a rhetorical question.

I know she fell on the quad, and I also wonder where Miki would've placed if she performed two clean programs.
    Whoops! Sorry! It's finals week.

ETA: I'm pretty sure Miki's last quad attempt was at the 08 GPF and she landed it UR-ed.

vCash
    Whoops! Sorry! It's finals week.

Don't worry!

ETA: I'm pretty sure Miki's last quad attempt was at the 08 GPF and she landed it UR-ed.
    Oh, right! I forgot about that! Yes, her last quad was at the 2008 GPF!

vCash
    I really don't get this scenario.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    You guys are underestimating Yuna at 15, I think she could have done much better than 7th or 9th like a few have predicted. I mean she had 3f-3t and 2a-3t in her LP and Roxanne was her SP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq9TBW30wVE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Hhy...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmy6J...eature=related

She had been skating like that all season, and honestly I think Yuna would have held her own against the other competitors.

vCash
    Michelle being higher than even 4th or even 5th at Torino is a joke. She is in no way meant for COP with those low jumps and poor spins even in her prime.

vCash
    IGNORE.

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Even with her shaky double axel (and Sasha even at her best is good for atleast one of those) it was still the best short program performance she ever did according to most. That was Sasha at her best, and she still probably wouldnt have even won the short if she didnt skate last considering she won it by only 0.03 as it was.
    Her jumps at 04 worlds SP was a bit better imo. At 06 worlds her 2A in the SP was magnificient. If this thread is only about skaters at their "best" but not necessarily clean then we might as well just rule her off the podium. For me, Sasha at her "best" in the LP was skating a clean, 7-triple performance without negative GOE (except for flutz). (yes i know that never happened) Still in that case, I think she would have finished second. Arakawa would have won, as she was the best skater at that olympics

vCash
    1 Sasha
    2 Irina

vCash
    The best total scores (single international competition) for the aforementioned skaters in the 05-06 season:

1. Irina Slutskaya 198.06 COR in Russia (196.12 COC in China)
    2. Shizuka Arakawa 191.34 Olympics in Italy
    3. Kimmie Meissner 189.87 Worlds in Canada
    4. Mao Asada 189.62 GPF in Japan (182.42 TEB in France)
    5. Sasha Cohen 183.36 Olympics
    6. Fumie Suguri 181.27 Worlds
    7. Carolina Kostner 172.45 Euro in France
    8. Miki Ando 172.30 COR
    9. Joannie Rochette 167.27 Olympics

Yuna Kim 177.54 "Junior" Worlds in Slovenia (3-2 in SP while 3F-3T in LP)
    Michelle Kwan N/A

The second best score in parenthesis for those who are not comfortable with home turf stuff.
    Last edited by key65man; 05-23-2010 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    IGNORE.
    I have.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    You guys are underestimating Yuna at 15, I think she could have done much better than 7th or 9th like a few have predicted. I mean she had 3f-3t and 2a-3t in her LP and Roxanne was her SP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq9TBW30wVE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Hhy...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmy6J...eature=related

She had been skating like that all season, and honestly I think Yuna would have held her own against the other competitors.
    The videos of Yu Na in 2005-06 look strikingly like Michelle Kwan 1994-95, which she could out jump everybody but still not medal.

1995 WC Ladies FP Michelle Kwan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    The videos of Yu Na in 2005-06 look strikingly like Michelle Kwan 1994-95, which she could out jump everybody but still not medal.

1995 WC Ladies FP Michelle Kwan
    Yuna was doing harder jumps than Michelle. I don't think Michelle ever did 3f-3t. Plus Yuna's Roxanne SP was very sophisticated and not juniorish. I'm not saying she would have medaled, I just think she would have been higher than 7th or 9th, maybe 4th or 5th if I had to guess.
    Also, to me, Yuna at that age resembles more Michelle during the 1995-1996 season, physically still looking a bit young but skating with a lot of maturity and expression
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RqDWcvo5b0
    Last edited by pinky166; 05-25-2010 at 02:54 PM.

vCash
    Personally I dont see anyway in 2006 Yu Na beats a hypothetical at their best and totally clean Slutskaya, Cohen, Arakawa, or Asada so already 5th is the absolute highest she could even hope for in this scenario. Whether she would even be placed over a clean Kwan that year is even debateable, alot would depend on how much Kwan had improved under COP in the year since the 05 Worlds. Of course Ando with her performances at Nationals is bumped off the team now with Asada age eligible so I will drop her from my original post. Kostner though was a World bronze medalist on home ice, I am not sure of newbie Kim being placed above her with both skating cleanly either. The triple-triples would probably push her past Rochette, Suguri, and she would probably beat Meissner with both skating their best at that point, but beyond that no gaurantees IMO. I would say 5th to 7th place if we take Ando off the Japanese team now.

Remember the hypothetical scenario I am presenting is with everyone skating cleanly and the best they were possibly capable of doing that year. If Kim had skated at the 2006 Olympics with how it actually was skated and skated her own best of course she could have atleast been 4th or 5th, quite possibly even won silver or bronze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I have.
    Lol, I was answering a question, but realized someone already answered it.

vCash
    Michelle being higher than even 4th or even 5th at Torino is a joke. She is in no way meant for COP with those low jumps and poor spins even in her prime.
    I think MK would have done well under COP in her prime. She would be the 1998 Olympic Champion under that scoring system IMO.

vCash
    Irina or Michelle would be the Olympic Champion in 2002 under COP too IMO. Sasha or maybe Fumie would have won the bronze. Sarah would have had many of her jumps downgraded, edge calls, be far behind after the short program. I actually have a hard time figuring out just how low she might have finished but it wouldnt have even been on the podium.

vCash
    low jumps ? poor spins ?
    Although I agree with you about the rankings, I think many top skaters wish they have her low jumps and poor spins

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast