Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

"V" - the new 2009 tv series...

I am soooo looking forward to this but I am not quite sure about the choice of Scott Wolf to play the part of the reporter. The part was originally played by Marc Singer who could not be more different. Actually I probably would still prefer to see him in the role rather than Wolf, even though Singer is now 61. The new invasion starts this tuesday and I hope it sticks around for a while. I am getting tired of all these sci-fi shows being cancelled after the first season. hehehehe

vCash
    Th SyFy station (I hate that they changed the spelling - too cutsey) is replaying the original V miniseries this weekend. I'm taping it for nostalgic purposes before I strap in for this new version!

vCash
    I wish I had the SyFy station because I would totally be watching that original series! I am really looking forward to this new show and hope it doesn't suck...
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    When was the original miniseries aired?

vCash
    The Original aired in 1984, and starred Robert Englund, Micheal Ironside, Marc Singer, Faye Grant, amoung others. But there was also a mini-series which aired in 1983.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(1984_TV_series)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The Original aired in 1984, and starred Robert Englund, Micheal Ironside, Marc Singer, Faye Grant, amoung others. But there was also a mini-series which aired in 1983.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(1984_TV_series)
    That's probably why I don't remember it. I didn't have much time for TV back then . I think the promos look interesting, hope the show lives up to them.

vCash

I have my KKPsi meetings Tuesdays at 7:30. Is this going to show online anywhere? I have to stay loyal to my Firefly ex-cast members, especially since Morena has such a great role!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post

I have my KKPsi meetings Tuesdays at 7:30. Is this going to show online anywhere? I have to stay loyal to my Firefly ex-cast members, especially since Morena has such a great role!
    ABC usually has their programs available for viewing on their website so I would check there first. It wouldn't surprise me to see it on Hulu or something like that pretty quickly too.

I cannot WAIT for this show! I've been anxious to see it ever since the promos started leaking out earlier this summer and I can't believe the premiere is coming up in just a few days. I'm more than ready for it!

BTW-What time is the original series airing on SyFy today? I might have to check that out tonight, not that I need to get hyped up any more for this show, LOL

You can watch the first eight minutes of V on this website
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I saw an extended premiere (I think the one HeatherC just linked to) a few days ago and it looks AWESOME! Can't wait!!!

Buzz, Marc Singer was the face of the original, but I'm trying to let go of comparisons. I like Scott Wolf well enough, but for me Elizabeth Mitchell will be more of the center of the new series. And I LOVE Morena Baccarin as Anna (named Diana in the original).

And I'm sure ABC will offer the most recent 5 eps on hulu, so anyone who misses can catch up.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Demon Barber
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    BTW-What time is the original series airing on SyFy today? I might have to check that out tonight, not that I need to get hyped up any more for this show, LOL
    Starts tomorrow (Sunday) at 12:30 and marathons to the premiere. So mainly Monday. Bah.

vCash
    I saw the original too. What memories! I was only a little girl, but I remember so many of the characters,the revelations etc.. I have the book too. I might re-read it.

vCash
    I am hoping that the series hits the right balance between big special effects and a good story line with lots of character building

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Just saw an ad and it starting here on Thursday.

I remember the original series. I guess the special effects (lizard humans etc) are going to be more realistic.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

4 More Years
    vCash
    I loved the original series! Here's hoping this one lives up to the first.

vCash
    I thought the original was stupid. I hated it. On the bright side, it had Robert Englund, who was the best part of that series. (And we all know how his career turned out afterwards).

Here is hoping the remake is better.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Hello? Jane Badler as DIANA, the hottest villain evah. I loved V, I had the entire series on vhs which I diligently recorded every week.

Marc Singer is a hottie, he should still come back.

I loved the early 80s tv shows.
    Last edited by Bandana; 11-01-2009 at 07:28 PM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    80s big hair!! Sigh. I was certain we'd have shuttles to fly around like those by now.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Th SyFy station (I hate that they changed the spelling - too cutsey) is replaying the original V miniseries this weekend. I'm taping it for nostalgic purposes before I strap in for this new version!
    Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize SyFy was going to show the original series and I would have missed it.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I've been watching the original off and on today and it's so awesomely cheesy! I don't remember all the details from the originals but I'm still enjoying this little trip down memory lane. I love having another chance to see it and I'm SO excited for the new show. Just a few days away now!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I caught some of it on SyFy just now. It seems kind of cool keeping in mind that this was filmed in the 80's. I hope the series can live up to the original!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast