Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Life is too short. These two seem to be enjoying the moment and that's all that matters really. Plus, it doesn't hurt that they look cute together.

http://twitpic.com/1p9n18

Now back to Jeremy's mouth...
    Yay!! Charlie finally cut his hair. I love it! Hope he keeps it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Back to Tanith & Charlie, I just do not think Tanith has to be so explicit in saying it is so nice to wake up with him in the morning. Fine if everyone knows they are dating but she does not have to talk about her private life to the press. I would not think his parents or hers would appreciate all that info given to the public. She did the same thing with her relationship with Evan.
    This is a great point because when the press/USFS started force feeding the Tanith and Evan relationship to us, that's when I feel that B/A's career started to stagnate. They were never the same after all of that. It was more about Tanith and Evan at that point than Tanith and Ben. Guess it really doesn't matter if B/A are retiring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    This is a great point because when the press/USFS started force feeding the Tanith and Evan relationship to us, that's when I feel that B/A's career started to stagnate. They were never the same after all of that. It was more about Tanith and Evan at that point than Tanith and Ben. Guess it really doesn't matter if B/A are retiring.
    I really hope this doesn't happen, especially for Ben and Meryl's sake. Unlike Evan at the time, USFS does not need to promote davis/white or belbin/agosto, and I suspect doesn't feel they need to play up Charlie dating woman in quite the same was as they might have felt for Evan, particularly given the fact that he was the men's champion...

There is little to no point in USFS promoting ice dancers who are dating partners other than their own- takes away from the romantic stories the dancers often try to portray and just makes things complicated and "drama"-filled. I think both couples have the personalities, resumes and skating skills to stand on their own two feet w/o this story.

I hope that Tanith and Charlie quietly enjoy each others company and don't play up this story themselves or through their managers. It would be a shame to see this take away from either partnership and their successes as a team...and they can certainly be happy and affectionate without the spotlight on their relationship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    It's always better to get married first.
    You mean for everyone? I'm sure there are tons of people who will disagree with you on that note.

Most 22 year old guys aren't ready for a serious relationship, but most guys don't get to date Tanith Belbin
    Being 25, I swear I'm seeing many people of my age group getting married and having kids already. Most of them started that relationship in their early 20s if not earlier. Of course I also have many friends who are older than me and are still single or dating around. Point being is that I don't think we can use terms like "most" and "always."

As annoying as I find it myself, if people are interested, and if Evan/Charlie have no real problems with it, then I don't see the problem. Plus it's not as if Tanith and Evan making their relationship public was really the problem with the stagnation with B/A.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    This is a great point because when the press/USFS started force feeding the Tanith and Evan relationship to us,
    Why do people keep saying that USFS were promoting or forcefeeding this or any relationship to the public?

It may have been listed in the athlete bios that USFS provides to the press, but it's not as though they put any information in there that doesn't come straight from the athletes themselves.

And there's plenty of other information in the bios as well.

It's up to the press to choose which details about skaters' personal lives, gleaned from the bios or from interviews with the more prominent athletes, they want to highlight. The skaters and the federation can make information available but they can't control what the press chooses to repeat over and over and what they ignore.

I have no doubt that the TV networks choose to highlight romantic relationships between skaters for a variety of reasons. Primarily because it's human interest that casual viewers can easily connect with. TV coverage of skating has historically tended to emphasize the soap opera more than the technique.

Making the homophobic portion of the viewership more comfortable with men's skating may also be another motivation for networks to highlight heterosexual relationships.

The opportunity to mention and show extra footage of skaters in other events, and thus to get casual viewers interested in tuning into those other events, was probably another motivation for showing and talking about Tanith when Evan was competing and vice versa.

All that can happen at the TV producers' initiative based only on a passing mention by the skaters and the federation.

So unless you have some behind-the-scenes knowledge of how USFigureSkating communicates with the press, I'd put the overemphasis on interskater relationships squarely in the lap of the media and the media alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Being 25, I swear I'm seeing many people of my age group getting married and having kids already. Most of them started that relationship in their early 20s if not earlier. Of course I also have many friends who are older than me and are still single or dating around. Point being is that I don't think we can use terms like "most" and "always."
    Being 21, and having just graduated college two weeks ago, I have many friends getting married right now. I have many friends who are living with significant others right now. I wouldn't get married right now, I barely feel like an adult. But I don't think there is anything wrong with a 22 year old and a 25 year old living together. They didn't sign a pact in blood, here. If it doesn't work, one of them will move out. I can't imagine what people who don't think a 22 year old should live with his girlfriend would think about the kids right out of college getting married.

These are personal choices. You don't get to make them for someone else.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Yup. It really depends on the person. I'm 26 and it definitely seems like a bunch of my friends are getting married, while others aren't anywhere close. Since none of us know Charlie or Tanith, it's impossible to say whether it's too soon for them or not.

And in my hippie social circle, being married is starting to be optional. My boss is in his mid-30s and has been faithful to the same woman for more than 10 years, moving across the country together several times. She's even taken his name (mostly because she thinks her own last name is lame ) but they aren't married. They don't see the need to be.

vCash
    waking up in the morning next to someone comment really is not too much TMI. In fact I see it as a comment/assessment of how much they enjoy each other's company.

Now if we had details on how often they have sex, the number of orgasms, etc., or that someone farts during it - That is TMI

vCash

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    waking up in the morning next to someone comment really is not too much TMI. In fact I see it as a comment/assessment of how much they enjoy each other's company.

Now if we had details on how often they have sex, the number of orgasms, etc., or that someone farts during it - That is TMI

I wonder why people are so concerned about what Charlie's mom must think, what about Tanith's mom?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Is it sad that I laughed when I read "or that someone farts during it"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    Is it sad that I laughed when I read "or that someone farts during it"?
    nope...its sad if happens to you

Thsi theread is it so crazy

We should open one theread just for jeremy's mouth?

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    We should open one theread just for jeremy's mouth?
    From his mouth to God's ears!

vCash
    Quite the roller coaster of a thread, with an occasional trip to the gutter for your mind included.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    From his mouth to God's ears!
    Or better yet from his mouth to my mouth. <3

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    You mean for everyone? I'm sure there are tons of people who will disagree with you on that note.
    Yes, I am one who disagrees with the conservative, old fashioned viewpoint. What better way to get to know if you're compatible with someone than to live with them? From my experience, you don't really know anyone until you've lived with them. I could never imagine settling down with one person for the rest of my life under marriage/union ceremony having never lived with him. Then again, I don't plan to or want to get married, so different strokes for different folks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Yes, I am one who disagrees with the conservative, old fashioned viewpoint. What better way to get to know if you're compatible with someone than to live with them? From my experience, you don't really know anyone until you've lived with them. I could never imagine settling down with one person for the rest of my life under marriage/union ceremony having never lived with him. Then again, I don't plan to or want to get married, so different strokes for different folks.

vCash
    I wish you had made these comments to Tanith several years ago. If she knew that the real problem with her career was too much publicity about her relationship, she wouldn't have gone to all the trouble of changing coaches, improving her posture, carriage, toe point and free leg positions, working so hard on her basics and the compulsories and adopting a more mature expression.

Bringing Albinoni Back
    vCash
    I think my favorite thing about this thread so far is the Jeremy/Massimo rumor. They would make an adorable couple.

vCash

Lightbulb

This is a roller coaster of a thread. I don't care if they are dating, living together or what b/c it doesn't really affect me. Not that interested in people's views on living with someone before or after marriage. Don't care about Jeremy's mouth. All I care about is the skating.

HSGP21 I do think you have a valid point in your comments. I'm not sure if it was more them or the media but the point is that it did seem as though it was more about Evan & Tanith and not about Tanith & Ben.

It's a simple fact that knowing that Charlie is dating Tanith it might be hard to believe any on ice love story he's trying to portray with Meryl. Their connection to one another is something I think they needed to improve on anyway. Virtue and Moir have an amazing connection on the ice even though he's dating another skater. But the emphasis isn't on his off ice relationship so it's easy to buy that he's madly in love with Tessa on the ice.

I could be wrong. I always felt that Meryl was more expressive. Maybe now that Charlie is in love he'll do a better job of expressing it on the ice. I know he's in love with Tanith but after knowing Meryl his whole life I'm sure he loves her as well and can express that love (even though it's not romantic love) better on the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by figure85 View Post
    Their connection to one another is something I think they needed to improve on anyway. ..
    I could be wrong. I always felt that Meryl was more expressive.
    I agree with you about Charlie and Meryl's connection on the ice..I don't see it much either, but I think that Meryl is very reserved, and I don't see that in Charlie. Meryl's expression seems dramatic, but it still doesn't move me. I think they are fabulous skaters and the fast, dramatic pieces are perfect for them because it disguises this weakness. I just feel that they hold back, not in their skating because they give that their all, but in their emotions. I don't know, I'm expressing myself badly. I could never believe that they are in a relationship with each other, whereas I could with Scott and Tessa.

Maybe it is Charlie, and maybe this relationship will help. But I think it would be great for Meryl if she also had a relationship as well.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast