Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 169
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    I'm turning what????
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,316
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1143
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think it awefully awkward relate to Ben Agosto. He work so hard, had a seriose back injury, move to Linichuck and then his patner fall in love with his maine competitior and he took only 4th place at OG I heard at OG at USA house after FD it was only D-W< S-B and Tanith - Ben wasnt there
    And i feel like Tanith need to have a new relationship and promote her at press.
    But this relationships motivated Meryl and i think at next season she bring Charlie on first place at WCh.
    Hope Tanith and Charlie will be happy together
    You're wrong. Tanith went to USA House for the party. There were articles at the time about how she took photos so that Meryl and Charlie would be able to have a record of things. Ben didn't go to USA House because he wanted to get a little rest before going to the Today Show set at 2 or 3 am.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    You're wrong. Tanith went to USA House for the party. There were articles at the time about how she took photos so that Meryl and Charlie would be able to have a record of things. Ben didn't go to USA House because he wanted to get a little rest before going to the Today Show set at 2 or 3 am.
    Yes, i mean Ben wasnt there, when all others was.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    226
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I wish them nothing but the best. Love is a wonderful gift and their relationship seems to be real. Only thing I'm worried about is that Tanith could decide to end her career just because of Charlie as she wants to move back to his area.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,610
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2138
    I think it's pretty safe to assume that Tanith and Ben will be going on as professional skaters and for that they do not need Linichuk on a day-to-day basis (or maybe any basis - they can choreograph themselves or find other choreographers to experiment a little) so moving back to Michigan may not be much of an issue. I can't see why Ben would want to stay in Delaware except for eligible training either. MIchigan is very much a training base for them so going back won't be uncomfortable at all.

    For me their placemat at Vancounver sort of bookmarked the end of their eligible career but they certainly will have professional opportunities. If they do continue to compete though, I don't think it will be for very long unless something changes dramatically for them.

    Linichuk has also taken on a new couple (see the Russian update thread on FSU) so I'm guessing that she isn't planning on focusing on them quite as much going forward.
    Last edited by Willowway; 05-19-2010 at 08:11 PM.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    459
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ok maybe I feel a little bad for ben...

    CharlieaWhite: On my way to the lakers game with/because of @TanithJLB-Should be a blast. Telling her (and her agents) thanks in person isn't good enough!

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    17,623
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    This is indeed disturbing news. I mean, if Belbin & White's relationship hits people, then I would have to consider it an abusive one.
    Yeah, this thread title is cracking me up. I keep picturing Tanith & Charlie going around hitting people on the head and yelling, "Hey! We're in a relationship!"

    Aaaaand I think I need to go get some sleep now.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Yeah, this thread title is cracking me up. I keep picturing Tanith & Charlie going around hitting people on the head and yelling, "Hey! We're in a relationship!"
    Maybe Tanith & Ben could have learned a thing or two from Tanith & Charlie. I mean, if they'd taken such a hard-sell approach with their ice dancing, perhaps T&B would be world or Olympic champs by now.

  8. #28
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,779
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5116
    Quote Originally Posted by HSGP21 View Post
    Ok maybe I feel a little bad for ben...
    How do we know Ben isn't at the game, too? Or that Ben even likes basketball? It always amazes me how people find a way to turn completely innocuous things into something negative. Some of the responses in this thread are just sooooo
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    I think if people love each other they dont need talk about this everywhere (especially in People) - this is very privet things in my opinion.
    But tanith all time prefer talk about her boyfriends in press - i dont know why.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    459
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes- I agree Pani. I don't think anyone is trying to make it a negative thing- I think people are just poking fun at the situation a bit- which broadcasting your relationship through people magazine opens you up for (this coming from someone who adores them both, and has not been bothered with their keeping their relationship quiet)

  11. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,067
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5116
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    But tanith all time prefer talk about her boyfriends in press - i dont know why.
    Maybe b/c the press asks her? It's an Oly year, figure skating is a glamour sport, the idea of two rivals dating each other is always a juicy story, so why wouldn't America's biggest gossip magazine want to get the lowdown?

    Tanith and Charlie had 2 choices when People called - either refuse comment or talk honestly. Presumably, their agents advised them that the latter was the best option, b/c since their relationship is already public, it would look stupid if they suddenly clammed up, and the fact is, getting publicity in a national mag only increases their visibility, which is a good thing for both of them and their (skating) partners, in the long run.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,117
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HSGP21 View Post
    Ok maybe I feel a little bad for ben...
    Why?

    Ben has had a girlfriend for years, and no one really felt bad for Tanith. She and Charlie both seem like really nice people, and they deserve to be happy.

    And I think that it is up to Tanith to decide what she does/does not want to talk about with the press. They kept it quiet all season, when it definitely could have been a distraction. She's a really pretty, really talented girl--it isn't exactly a surprise that reporters are interested in her relationships.

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think if people love each other they dont need talk about this everywhere (especially in People) - this is very privet things in my opinion.
    But tanith all time prefer talk about her boyfriends in press - i dont know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    ..., which is a good thing for both of them and their (skating) partners, in the long run.
    Not only may it be good for Tanith&Charlie professionally, as Debbie S says, but for Tanith, it may keep the random guy from hitting on her, knowing she has a serious boyfriend. Which might make life easier.

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,157
    vCash
    862
    Rep Power
    5668
    I agree with Debbie S and DORISPULASKI.
    Let's face it, no one would want to write about us non-famous souls. However, once you are famous, it is inevitable to avoid the media interest. I don't think they are going around seeking it, because they could have done that a long time ago. It is just that it is out in the open now after all the competing events are over and they would not like to keep it a secret anymore. I think the news just spilled over to the general public and they decided to end the rumors once and for all, in a way. I think the media attention could be good for both of them and their ice dancing partners, considering that it does not take long for skating to go out of limelight after the Olympics. This is especially true for Meryl and Charlie, who hardly got any coverage compared to Evan or Apolo or Lindsey Vonn…no major talk shows or anything like that….it has been pretty low key for them for the most part.
    I think they are both very intelligent people and have probably handled this the best they could. It is a good thing they are from Michigan and not California or they'd have paparazzi too.

  15. #35
    Duck Hunter
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7,062
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I tell people about my boyfriend if they ask.. why would we expect differently from them just because they're "famous"? They aren't really even all THAT famous

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,259
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Someone told me that Jeremy and Massimo were a couple.
    I think I just creamed myself.

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,259
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    not Massimo and Jeremy
    Bite your tongue! If men could procreate together, their babies would be beautiful, just like they are!

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    143
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    I tell people about my boyfriend if they ask.. why would we expect differently from them just because they're "famous"? They aren't really even all THAT famous
    You should say " I don't talk aboyt my personal life!"

    whats wrong about telling people about your BF or GF? If is an important thing to you, you shoud "anounce". Isn't what we all do to our parents and friends? The fact that they are a bit famous (at leats on the skating world) come public and admit their ralashionship is perfectly normal and good.

  19. #39

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,365
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3454
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Maybe b/c the press asks her? It's an Oly year, figure skating is a glamour sport, the idea of two rivals dating each other is always a juicy story, so why wouldn't America's biggest gossip magazine want to get the lowdown?

    Tanith and Charlie had 2 choices when People called - either refuse comment or talk honestly. Presumably, their agents advised them that the latter was the best option, b/c since their relationship is already public, it would look stupid if they suddenly clammed up, and the fact is, getting publicity in a national mag only increases their visibility, which is a good thing for both of them and their (skating) partners, in the long run.
    You don't know that People magazine came to them. Tanith or Charlie's agents could have gone to People. That kind of thing happens all the time. Staying in the press is important, especially for Tanith going forward with a professional skating/commentating/modeling career.

  20. #40
    Duck Hunter
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7,062
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Bite your tongue! If men could procreate together, their babies would be beautiful, just like they are!
    Haha I'm sure they would.. I just didn't want people to get confused as to whom I was talking about

    Tanith and Charlie need a name.. TanChar?

    NO WAIT! CharliTan!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •