View Poll Results: Who Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Multiple Votes Allowed)

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Casey James

6 17.14%
  • Crystal Bowersox

14 40.00%
  • Lee DeWyze

16 45.71%
  • All Three Were Amazing

3 8.57%
  • Nobody Lived Up To My Expectations

7 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    So, out of all the singers and bands who would have killed to be in front of a finale audience, the Idol producers, in their infinite wisdom, have chosen the Bee Gees, Hall and Oates, and Chicago.
    Well, that frees up my Wednesday evening.

Modern and current, huh?

Whether or not the album is good, there's no question that We Are the Fallen sounds like Evanescence. They have not only given Carly vocals that sound like Amy Lee, but given her Amy's look. Even if people think that she sounds as good as Amy (and most won't), people are going to tag her as an Amy Lee wannabe or as Ben Moody's puppet.
    Well, with several former members of the band, that's inevitable. But I really don't care what people say or think--I just really like their music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Well, that frees up my Wednesday evening.

Modern and current, huh?
    Maybe we'll get the Jonas Brothers, too. I'll be curious to see who they pair with each contestant. If they make Casey sing "How Deep is Your Love" with the Bee Gees, I'll just scream.

Well, with several former members of the band, that's inevitable. But I really don't care what people say or think--I just really like their music.
    Well, of course people should decide to buy their album based on whether they like the music. But my point was that Carly doesn't seem like she's singing and playing Carly. I think it's more than just having some of the same band members. It's very much the same sound as Evanescence and they've got Carly looking like Amy. Personally, I just wish Carly could have made some music creating her own voice and identity. At this point, she just seems like she's playing Amy at someone else's direction, and I kind of feel sorry for her. But, I guess she prefers doing this to doing her own thing with little success.
    Last edited by Allskate; 05-24-2010 at 12:00 AM.

vCash

I reviewed the album in the CD releases thread, but in short, the CD is almost a carbon copy of Fallen. Its listenable, even good in some spots, but nothing groundbreaking.

Carly sounds terrific though, and I definitely think that goth/pop/rock is her niche, but I think they should have played it less safe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Maybe we'll get the Jonas Brothers, too. I'll be curious to see who they pair with each contestant. If they make Casey sing "How Deep is Your Love" with the Bee Gees, I'll just scream.
    Or "You're a Rich Girl" or "Man Eater" by Hall & Oates. Though I admit to liking H & O back in the day . I can't imagine Crystal or Lee singing with Chicago.

Gotta say, we were at a huge convention in San Francisco a few weeks ago. Every year the final night is a concert. This year it was Chicago, they were awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Yeah and that's what I don't get. Simon was usually negative to David Cook and Chris Daughtry and all of a sudden is pumping up Lee who is a far, far, far (need I go on?) lesser version of those two. I was never big on Daughtry and Cook (although I think they had some great performances on the show) and have not liked any of their work since the show, but they are both so superior to Lee it's ridiculous. Besides having easily better voices, they actually performed instead of standing around and looking like a frightened turtle.
    I actually think that Simon is gushing over Lee as a result of a very calculated strategy.

Idol will be his biggest competition next season. If someone wins that has marginal talent and no charisma cough*Lee*cough, people will be sick of the Idol machine and think it's time to move on....to "X Factor". At least that will be new and exciting.

JMHO.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789