Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Why do all threads that are related to UK skating in any way end like this? Always.

You're making great PR for British skating, guys.

vCash

links

I see the two areas as unfortunately and sadly linked...without a good governing body our British skaters are going to have a hard time achieving and reaching higher goals. For example, if money has been 'lost' rather than going to Skate Scotland what hopes do the skaters in Scotland have in attaining their goals - funding is key to helping skating esp. ice dance where costs are massive in finding partners, re-location and maintaing training and we should be concerned.

I would say this is very relevant - if we ignore these issues our skaters will be the ones to suffer.
    I say this having spoken to the coaches working with our successful British cycling team, and other UK athletes.
    I wonder how many couple splits have been in part down to financial issues.

I understand why you say what you do Ziggy, some threads have been awful. But the PR is already shot through by NISA. You try explaining how UK skating is run to well established coaches in other disciplines and you'll know this.

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Maybe those of you who wish to discuss the status of NISA and their various shenanigans could start a different thread so that the ones opened to discuss our skaters don't get closed when they descend into a b**chfest?

Someone remind me of the definition of insantity?

Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Penny & Nick impressed me a lot last season. I hope we get to see them more next year.
    Woo Woo! Me too!

vCash
    Fair point Mella - maybe there should be two threads, but I don't appreciate references to insanity....

I feel responsible as a NISA member to make sure ice dancers have the same potential for success as other athletes...I don't think that's insane

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallpoppy View Post
    I see the two areas as unfortunately and sadly linked...without a good governing body our British skaters are going to have a hard time achieving and reaching higher goals. For example, if money has been 'lost' rather than going to Skate Scotland what hopes do the skaters in Scotland have in attaining their goals - funding is key to helping skating esp. ice dance where costs are massive in finding partners, re-location and maintaing training and we should be concerned.

I would say this is very relevant - if we ignore these issues our skaters will be the ones to suffer.
    I say this having spoken to the coaches working with our successful British cycling team, and other UK athletes.
    I wonder how many couple splits have been in part down to financial issues.

I understand why you say what you do Ziggy, some threads have been awful. But the PR is already shot through by NISA. You try explaining how UK skating is run to well established coaches in other disciplines and you'll know this.
    Very good points. The two issues are incredibly connected. If there is any truth to the suggestion that there is corruption or any kind of foul play within NISA, then what would be insane would be to let it continue and to let the perpetrators get away with it.

I have a great deal of sympathy for those that say that they are fed up with hearing about all this BS that has been going on behind the scenes. It makes me sick to think that it has been going on for so long myself. Perhaps it is naïve to think that something can be done to make things better, but it is certainly naïve to ignore the problems and hope it goes away.

I can’t speak for the moderators of this site, but I suspect that they closed the previous threads because allegations were being made on both sides of the argument that were difficult to substantiate. But now we are in a situation where three people who care enough about skating in this country, at great expense to themselves, have spent the last 12 months trying to hold the current NISA Board responsible for some very dodgy allegations. The end result of that was that NISA were ordered to publish the outcome of the negotiations, and to remove their twisted interpretation of the result from their initial introduction.

This has been followed up by other people with many years of experience and dedicated service to the sport, who have published a list of questions to be answered at the AGM. Questions that go to the very heart of the integrity of the NISA Board, or the lack thereof. There are many people, including myself, that would like nothing better than to put all this behind us and just talk about the skating and the skaters. But unless and until the governing body in this country is made to act responsibly, with integrity, or is replaced, then the future of fairness for the vast majority of our skaters is in question.

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallpoppy View Post
    Fair point Mella - maybe there should be two threads, but I don't appreciate references to insanity....

I feel responsible as a NISA member to make sure ice dancers have the same potential for success as other athletes...I don't think that's insane
    The reference to insanity wasn't about caring about ice dance or free skating or any other sport. It was a joke on the basis that... "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result" - eg talking about this topic (NISA and their numerous foibles) in a thread about British Skating, which inevitably get's nasty on both sides and losses us the forum to discuss our skaters.

And now I'll remove myself from this thread as it continues down the inevitable path. Or maybe the usual suspects will surprise me and keep it civilised.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Another thread on British Skating Closed, when will people learn that FSU is not a forum for your own private axes to grind?

Maybe when I start deleting accounts if it's going to happen again?

Sorry to close your thread Imperfect Edge as I see it was started to just discuss skaters and skating but the rest of it is frankly, a bore.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12