Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Post British Ice Dance

Still no word from Sinead and John ... Im thinking that no news is good news in terms of them carrying on next year, if they havent decided one way or the other carrying on has to still be an option.

Little sum up of who may/may not be competing this year (based on iSkate and partnersearch) ...

Seniors Sinead/John?, Penny/Nick, Christina/Mark, Louise/Owen, Charlotte/Josh(assume they are now too old for Juniors?), Beverley/Matheiu. (Phillippa/Philip, Melyssa/Jamie split)

Juniors Danielle/Joe, Sarah/Michael, Olivia/Michael(or is he too old?), Sophie/Richard, Kate-Louise/Rory(logic would suggest they will move up?). Perhaps also Helen/Jack, and Hazel/Mathew. (Charlotte/Ryan and Danielle/Mathew split).

Be interesting to hear if there are any new partnerships likely to compete ...

vCash
    They have returned to the training rink in NJ with Platov. I don't know if they have officially made an announcement or decided to continue, but they are practicing. They are both very well-liked, by the way

Banned Member
    vCash
    I have heard some of the speculation that the Kerrs will continue, for now at least. Nothing official so far as I'm aware, but it will be great to see them on the circuit again if this is true!

vCash
    You know, i really like both teams Penny/Nick, Christina/Mark. They are so fresh, beautifull, have interesting programs. I think all be OK with British ice dancing
    But if Kerrs will contunuie - it will be greate too! Love them

vCash
    It would be good if they did chose to do Europeans and then hopefully we would get at least 2 spots when Euros come to Sheffield :-)

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect Edge View Post
    It would be good if they did chose to do Europeans and then hopefully we would get at least 2 spots when Euros come to Sheffield :-)
    I dare say that securing at least two spots for the sheffield european event figures very highly in the plan. That is an excellent idea, and it is great that the Kerrs are supporting that goal as well as their own.

It is likely to be a very interesting couple of years, and with the NISA AGM at the end of the month, I will certainly watch how things develop with great interest. Now that NISA backed down after the most recent legal challenge, I am excited to see what the implications will be.

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    I'd love to see them AT Euros in Sheffield. It would be great for them to get a chance to compete on home soil before they retire. Also, hopefully having some high ranking competitors/medal contenders (depending on how the next couple of seasons shape up of course) in an event at home will get people not usually big fans interested in the sport here too (beyond the Dancing on Ice level of interest)

vCash
    I see that Gabriella Battershill is also on partner search now, so another potential junior couple have split.

Glad the court case was resolved hopefully leaving some funding available for our skaters such as the Kerrs.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I know this is a dance thread, but would like to share this link to a recent positive article about Matthew Parr: http://www.newsguardian.co.uk/latest...new.6300238.jp

Charlotte/Josh(assume they are now too old for Juniors?)
    Charlotte Aiken turned 18 this past January and Josh Whidborne was 20 last September so they have one more year of ISU Junior age eligibility left.

vCash
    Surely if they won so convincingly last year they would be better getting into senior and establishing themselves there for the next four years.

vCash
    Maybe thats what they'll chose to do. Then again theres tough competition at senior level. What was the latest legal challenge about? Im loosing track of them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icekoolmum View Post
    Surely if they won so convincingly last year they would be better getting into senior and establishing themselves there for the next four years.
    It would be really good to see Charlotte and Josh amongst the Seniors, but if they are still eligible for Juniors then perhaps that is where they will stay for now.

Noticed that some of the GB senior dancers - Chitwood/Hanretty, Walden/Edwards and Coomes/Buckland - now have Fan pages on Facebook. Kerr/Kerr have one too but think it's been around a while!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Deleted

vCash
    Maybe thats what they'll chose to do. Then again theres tough competition at senior level. What was the latest legal challenge about? Im loosing track of them!
    Heres the result of the latest legal challenge. Yet again the membership foots the bill for unavoidable expenses. **sigh!** Are we becoming a laughing stock?

http://www.iceskating.org.uk/node/3913

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lay'dback View Post
    Heres the result of the latest legal challenge. Yet again the membership foots the bill for unavoidable expenses. **sigh!** Are we becoming a laughing stock?

http://www.iceskating.org.uk/node/3913
    Hmmm, what does it mean in practical terms?

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Hmmm, what does it mean in practical terms?
    What it means is that the majority of the current board are not competent to interpret its own rules and regulations in a fair manner, that they are self serving, and biased against anyone that doesn’t agree with them. What’s worse is that they expect all and sundry to agree with them despite hard evidence to the contrary of the opinions that NISA hold.

Even in the face of the tomlin order against NISA, the original announcement that they published had a manipulative, defamatory introduction to NISA members that appeared to intend to misrepresent the facts contained in the order.

If ordinary people with decent values were revealed to be as deceitful as those currently running NISA, they would do the honourable thing and resign from their posts. Let’s see if they have any integrity at all, after wasting so much time and money at the expense of the other members of the association.

vCash
    Penny & Nick impressed me a lot last season. I hope we get to see them more next year.

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post
    What it means is that the majority of the current board are not competent to interpret its own rules and regulations in a fair manner, that they are self serving, and biased against anyone that doesn’t agree with them. What’s worse is that they expect all and sundry to agree with them despite hard evidence to the contrary of the opinions that NISA hold.

Even in the face of the tomlin order against NISA, the original announcement that they published had a manipulative, defamatory introduction to NISA members that appeared to intend to misrepresent the facts contained in the order.

If ordinary people with decent values were revealed to be as deceitful as those currently running NISA, they would do the honourable thing and resign from their posts. Let’s see if they have any integrity at all, after wasting so much time and money at the expense of the other members of the association.
    This thread started as a pleasant chat about British prospects in ice dance. Now it is degeneratin into a lets slag off Nisa page.Please lets get back to the former subject. We have some super ice dancers in senior, junior and novice classes. Watching the way some of the juniors developed last season was a joy. Penny and Nick at the Olympics were brilliant. I'm looking forward to this season. I have already seen some of the junior couples in practice and think we have a real reat in store. Keep it up kids

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penybrec View Post
    This thread started as a pleasant chat about British prospects in ice dance. Now it is degeneratin into a lets slag off Nisa page.Please lets get back to the former subject. We have some super ice dancers in senior, junior and novice classes. Watching the way some of the juniors developed last season was a joy. Penny and Nick at the Olympics were brilliant. I'm looking forward to this season. I have already seen some of the junior couples in practice and think we have a real reat in store. Keep it up kids
    I agree with you entirely. It would be excellent to not have to discuss this ongoing saga, and to focus on the skaters and their skating entirely. But if you think it is not relevant to discuss the tens of thousands of pounds that NISA have squandered on legal fees over the last year or more, money that would have been much better spent on developing the sport in some way, then that is your opinion.

Some people are interested in how these issues have been dealt with, and what has resulted so far, and they have a right to have their questions answered. The way NISA has been run has had a seriously detrimental effect on skating here, including ice dance, so is relevant to the thread.

I hope it will be a dead issue soon, but whilst it is still relevant, and some people care about the sport enough to see things things remedied, then it ought to be a topic for discussion.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Timbuktu;2768357]I agree with you entirely. It would be excellent to not have to discuss this ongoing saga, and to focus on the skaters and their skating entirely. But if you think it is not relevant to discuss the tens of thousands of pounds that NISA have squandered on legal fees over the last year or more, money that would have been much better spent on developing the sport in some way, then that is your opinion.

Some people are interested in how these issues have been dealt with, and what has resulted so far, and they have a right to have their questions answered. The way NISA has been run has had a seriously detrimental effect on skating here, including ice dance, so is relevant to the thread.

I hope it will be a dead issue soon, but whilst it is still relevant, and some people care about the sport enough to see things things remedied, then it ought to be a topic for discussion.[/QUOTE

I just wonder how long it will be before this thread gets shut down by the administrators if it carries on like this. Blinking shame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast