Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    I think they put this in after season two.

They have never come out and said it, but I still maintain that it is for protection.
    after all the of season 1 with Kelly Monacco's contraversal win , they needed a safety net for the results.

Of all the seasons, that's the one that I did not agree with the winner. If Nicole wins this year, I will be disappointed but not disgusted as I was with Kelly's "win"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    after all the of season 1 with Kelly Monacco's contraversal win , they needed a safety net for the results.
    Season one was kind of a joke. I don't think anyone at the network took it too seriously. They didn't really think anything through. It was just thrown on the air and unbelievably it was a huge hit. After that, they started to examine the dynamic, really think about casting, consider rules, etc.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Season One was a prime example of the fact viewers like a "storyline" - and the pretty but charmingly insecure woman who grows in confidence and ability is an applealing one. It also showed the loyalty of soap opera fans.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Season one was kind of a joke. I don't think anyone at the network took it too seriously. They didn't really think anything through. It was just thrown on the air and unbelievably it was a huge hit. After that, they started to examine the dynamic, really think about casting, consider rules, etc.
    But wasn't the show based on the British Strictly Come Dancing, which is basically the same thing, right down to having Len and Bruno judge? You'd think they would have had a clue or two.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    But wasn't the show based on the British Strictly Come Dancing, which is basically the same thing, right down to having Len and Bruno judge? You'd think they would have had a clue or two.
    They had a clue, but I don't think they expected many people would watch. They followed the basic format, but they didn't really think things through to the last detail. When viewers cared so deeply about the final result, I think the producers and the network were stunned.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    When Season 1 aired, there was a significant "vote the worst" momentum. The vote the worst people started by voting for Evander Holyfield, but they switched to Kelly.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617