Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 321 to 326 of 326
  1. #321
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Looking for cupcakes
    Posts
    30,765
    vCash
    5550
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    I think they put this in after season two.

    They have never come out and said it, but I still maintain that it is for protection.
    after all the of season 1 with Kelly Monacco's contraversal win , they needed a safety net for the results.

    Of all the seasons, that's the one that I did not agree with the winner. If Nicole wins this year, I will be disappointed but not disgusted as I was with Kelly's "win"

  2. #322

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,875
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    after all the of season 1 with Kelly Monacco's contraversal win , they needed a safety net for the results.
    Season one was kind of a joke. I don't think anyone at the network took it too seriously. They didn't really think anything through. It was just thrown on the air and unbelievably it was a huge hit. After that, they started to examine the dynamic, really think about casting, consider rules, etc.

  3. #323
    Tranquillo
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    behind the gruppetto
    Posts
    24,926
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    32049
    Season One was a prime example of the fact viewers like a "storyline" - and the pretty but charmingly insecure woman who grows in confidence and ability is an applealing one. It also showed the loyalty of soap opera fans.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

  4. #324
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,121
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    43811
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Season one was kind of a joke. I don't think anyone at the network took it too seriously. They didn't really think anything through. It was just thrown on the air and unbelievably it was a huge hit. After that, they started to examine the dynamic, really think about casting, consider rules, etc.
    But wasn't the show based on the British Strictly Come Dancing, which is basically the same thing, right down to having Len and Bruno judge? You'd think they would have had a clue or two.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  5. #325

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,875
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    But wasn't the show based on the British Strictly Come Dancing, which is basically the same thing, right down to having Len and Bruno judge? You'd think they would have had a clue or two.
    They had a clue, but I don't think they expected many people would watch. They followed the basic format, but they didn't really think things through to the last detail. When viewers cared so deeply about the final result, I think the producers and the network were stunned.

  6. #326
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    13,091
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    9792
    When Season 1 aired, there was a significant "vote the worst" momentum. The vote the worst people started by voting for Evander Holyfield, but they switched to Kelly.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •