Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by suep1963 View Post
    Or Pam Anderson.

At least when she'd say "package" she'd know what she was talking about!
    I think she'd be fun as a host. She definitely couldn't be worse than what we have now. (Although I did say that with Samantha!)

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    I think she'd be fun as a host. She definitely couldn't be worse than what we have now. (Although I did say that with Samantha!)
    Yeah, I think we all got a valuable lesson in "be careful what you wish for" here.

vCash
    Well, at least Nicole dances better than she sings - good grief, she went off key at least a dozen times in that song. So why was she the lead singer when the other doll who had a brief solo had much better pipes????
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    OH MY GOD!!!!
    Evan was sooooo HOT during his Paso!
    I didn't think he had it in him.
    I hope he starts to put that passion in his skating now that he has learned how to do it.
    Has he retired and turned pro?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Well, at least Nicole dances better than she sings - good grief, she went off key at least a dozen times in that song. So why was she the lead singer when the other doll who had a brief solo had much better pipes????
    Heh heh heh. Nicole has pretty much all the power in the group, which has led to a lot of trouble, group replacements and "candid" interviews from other Cats, who aren't very fond of her. Nicole basically IS the Pussycat Dolls; the others are pretty much incidental--or were. Last I heard, there are only two of them left and there are plans to put together a new cast. I have no idea who really sings what live, but Nicole does all but a few the vocals on their albums, lead and backing. The others are dancers by training and background, not singers, although they are all supposed to be able to carry a tune.

In her defense, she is probably the most educated and multi-talented member of the group; she is the only one who writes music and she has a pretty good songwriting career going even if she never sings another note.

It's funny that you say that, though, because Nicole has always been considered more of a singer who's a very good dancer than a very good dancer who can sing .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    In her defense, she is probably the most educated and multi-talented member of the group; she is the only one who writes music and she has a pretty good songwriting career going even if she never sings another note.

It's funny that you say that, though, because Nicole has always been considered more of a singer who's a very good dancer than a very good dancer who can sing .
    I had never seen Nicole or The PCDs before DWTS. Although I do remember that dreadful song that was out a few years ago.

After watching that link, I have to say that I don't think her stage charisma is very strong, either. Oh well, maybe I'm just jaded after watching her cry for weeks. Or maybe it was that little YouTube window that I was using to watch it.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Watching the finalists and their partners, Cari Ann and Bruno and Tom and Brooke on Larry King Live. Brooke is coming across better and more articulate on this show than DWTS, although there are a couple times she's interrupted Tom during their segment, and I'll bet that Tom would have been more interesting.

Evan once again comes across as a nice guy and so appreciative of his partner. And Nicole would like us all to know that she's fabulously successful and busy but she made time for the show because her Mom is a big fan of the show.

Line of the night goes to Tom. In response to Larry's question "why do you think DWTS beat AI in the ratings this year" , Tom responded "more people watched our show than AI"

Evan mentioned that they're doing the Viennese waltz again on Mo
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 05-22-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    After watching that link, I have to say that I don't think her stage charisma is very strong, either. Oh well, maybe I'm just jaded after watching her cry for weeks. Or maybe it was that little YouTube window that I was using to watch it.
    As this review says: There are two kinds of girl groups: those anchored by a superstar (the Supremes, Destiny's Child), and those made up of charismatic personalities 
endowed with limited individual gifts (Spice Girls, TLC). The Pussycat Dolls are 
neither — they're a brand, not a band. This follow-up to 2005's multiplatinum PCD finds lead Doll Nicole Scherzinger in the spotlight, and she's no Beyoncé.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20226270,00.html

It's funny, because she is beautiful and talented. She just doesn't have that molten "it" factor going for her.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    It's funny, because she is beautiful and talented. She just doesn't have that molten "it" factor going for her.
    Right. She doesn't seem to have the self-confidence of a Beyonce or Diana Ross.

vCash

Line of the night goes to Tom.
    I would expect no less.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Per Anna's twitter:

Our dances on Monday are Viennese Waltz and Freestyle.Tuesday is Argentine Tango,and if we made it top 2 we'll dance Quickstep.

vCash
    How does voting work in the finals? Do viewers vote both Monday and Tuesday? Is the title determined by the vote totals Monday night, and the dances Tuesday don't matter? Or do the judges ultimately make the decision on Tuesday? (If that's the case, they might as well give Nicole the trophy now.)

vCash

Yeah, I saw her singing a bit of Ave Maria (just a few seconds) on George Lopez and she sounded quite lovely and way better than she did singing on Dancing with the Stars, but there's something kinda insecure about her.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    How does voting work in the finals? Do viewers vote both Monday and Tuesday? Is the title determined by the vote totals Monday night, and the dances Tuesday don't matter? Or do the judges ultimately make the decision on Tuesday? (If that's the case, they might as well give Nicole the trophy now.)
    IIRC, viewers vote only on Monday, and it's just judges scores on Tuesday, but the scores have always been so close that they don't have any real impact (since they use the relative percentages of points awarded by the judges)

vCash
    IIRC, viewers vote only on Monday, and it's just judges scores on Tuesday, but the scores have always been so close that they don't have any real impact (since they use the relative percentages of points awarded by the judges)
    Typically they will give the same scores on Tuesday. However, they do the Tuesday thing as a safety net. There have been too many other shows that when left to the audience voting, you get some strange or inappropriate results. For example, if Kate was in the finals you can bet she'd get crappy scores from the judges to take away any chance she had of winning.

If Nicole and Evan are the final two then I see them both getting 30's for their Tuesday night dances. However, if the viewer votes go toward let's say Evan and Erin, I would think the judges would hold back on the scores for Erin and Evan and prop Nicole up even more.

I think they put this in after season two. In season one there was a just a final two and not three couples in the final. Season two comes and you have Drew, Jerry, and Stacy in the final. It appears from the judges scores and the results that Stacy was getting very little support from phone or internet votes. She gets eliminated during the final and then you have Drew and Jerry as the final two. There was no dance to score them with that final night so the judges/producers could just sit there and watch.

Not too long after you start having these finale night dances where everyone gets a 10. They have never come out and said it, but I still maintain that it is for protection. They don't want a Jerry Rice winning over a Drew. It is their safety net.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    I think they put this in after season two. In season one there was a just a final two and not three couples in the final. Season two comes and you have Drew, Jerry, and Stacy in the final. It appears from the judges scores and the results that Stacy was getting very little support from phone or internet votes. She gets eliminated during the final and then you have Drew and Jerry as the final two. There was no dance to score them with that final night so the judges/producers could just sit there and watch.

Not too long after you start having these finale night dances where everyone gets a 10. They have never come out and said it, but I still maintain that it is for protection. They don't want a Jerry Rice winning over a Drew. It is their safety net.
    Not only did Drew, Jerry and Stacy have a dance on finale night, it was a new dance. Stacy won that with her new samba and received a 30. She was eliminated a few moments later. Neither Drew nor Jerry got anything close to 30. She was simply too far behind from the first night's competition. Although she received a perfect 30 for her jive, her freestyle was really bad. Who knows if the results would have been any different if she'd done a better freestyle.

vCash

Grey's/Dancing cross reference

I don't know whether this belongs in the DWTS thread or the Grey's Anatomy thread. I'll post it in both:

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/05/21...-evan-lysacek/

moving right along
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I don't know whether this belongs in the DWTS thread or the Grey's Anatomy thread. I'll post it in both:

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/05/21...-evan-lysacek/
    ZOMG!!! Go, Shonda! How fun if her fan-grrling/lobby chicking leads to Evan getting a cameo appearance on Grey's.

moving right along
    vCash
    Informative Seattle times article about Evan. (SOI comes to Seattle next Saturday.)

vCash
    Thanks, LadyNit!

I wonder which opportunities he will choose next.
    I'd love to see if he can integrate some of the qualities he has found through DWTS into his skating - competitive or Pro.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast