Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Staying ahead of a rival is no longer to be as good a motivational factor after some point. Nevertheless, people will constantly bring it up or even go so far as to create it out of thin air as it sells. Competition is competition. So, the pressure will be there all over again.

Yuna doesn't appear to appreciate winning/beating a rival as much as a fierce competitor would. I can understand it and like the perspective. If Yuna continues on in order to win a medal and beat a rival, the frame of mind will eat her skating away, especially after winning the Olympic gold.

People remember a rivalry as an anecdote and admires a medal count in passing moments. But, it is a body of work that ultimately measures one's achievement and contribution, and leaves a lasting legacy.

I hope she comes back for the love of the art of figure skating. In so doing, she will be able to create a bigger library of great performaces. That may be the only way she motivates herself and still is able to find the whole process meaningful and enjoyable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Some skaters (i.e Kwan) can stay motivated to win repeated world titles, especially if they love skating and competing - though that seems to be becoming less the case under CoP.

I do agree though that it might be hard for Yunah to keep the motivation up - but because of the huge amount of pressure and expectation she has to bear. Her use of the word 'horrendous' was telling. And so was her comment (sad in my opinion) that she would like to not worry about eating too much because if she gained weight her face looked bloated in her pictures - but she didn't even know what she wanted to eat. It was if she is not really allowed to be just human. .

Perfection and brilliance were expected of Yunah at the Olympics and she delivered. She is certainly the best in the world at the moment, but I question whether she was motivated more by a true love of the sport of by her sense of obligation to her nation as its 'queen' (Orser has emphasized that obligation). Or, if the burden that came with her huge celebrity and wealth at such a young age dwarfed and perhaps undermined her love of the sport.

I expect she will stay in a year because she feels obligated to do but wonder if we will ever again see the same fire and perfection we saw at the Olympics.

I would really be sad to see her go. Mao is my favourite and in contrast to Yunah, she has plenty of drive and for her, the best (or better) may still be yet to come. But she thrives on competition (before Worlds she said she just wanted to beat Yunah one more time).

Without Yunah, the field would definitely deflate. Miki and Mao need to be pushed, Mirai is not yet ready IMO to move up a full level. Kostner's best days are behind her and Rochette will likely not return to competition. That leaves. . . well, Markova is one bright light I guess.
    Mirai's getting there. In one or two seasons, she'll get up there for sure. But of course, we don't what surprises will be up next season... (like the transformation Joannie went through between 2007-2008 and 2008-2009)

vCash

vCash
    Looks like it's an eyeliner line drawn in. No doubt if she actually ever had plastic surgery, there would be even more ridiculous internet articles!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I wholeheartedly advice you to learn how to better manage your anger.
    What do you mean? I am not angry at anyone....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Her three Olympic combinations were:

3Lz/3T, base 10, next year 10.1
    2A/2T/2Lo, base 6.3, next year 6.5
    2A/3T, base 7.5, next year 7.4

3Lz/3T, base 10, next year 10.1
    2A/2T/2Lo, base 6.3, next year 6.5
    3S/2T, next year 5.6
    I can see what you are trying to show - the base values are indeed higher with these new rules. The problem is that the base values of all jups from all competitors are going to be higher. The way how Yu-na was getting the high scores was through her well deserved high GOE. The trouble is that the GOE value is smaller now. So even if she has +3 GOE on most elements, relatively she will be getting less points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ros01 View Post
    Looks like it's an eyeliner line drawn in. No doubt if she actually ever had plastic surgery, there would be even more ridiculous internet articles!
    I mean, looks like she had plastic surgery (not talking about the eye liner)...just like Kim Na-Young.

She was already very beautiful before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ratatouille View Post
    I mean, looks like she had plastic surgery (not talking about the eye liner)...just like Kim Na-Young.

She was already very beautiful before.

I find it really hard to believe that Yuna had a plastic surgery. A certainly those few photos are not enough to even make that kind of assumption.

vCash
    That's the problem when you're almost perfect.
    Last edited by riveredge; 05-21-2010 at 02:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekatiivi View Post

I find it really hard to believe that Yuna had a plastic surgery. A certainly those few photos are not enough to even make that kind of assumption.
    This whole plastic surgery accusation came from those crazy Youtube trolls.

The girl is maturing just like a normal human being.

And this thread is about Yuna's future.
    Last edited by riveredge; 05-21-2010 at 02:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    That's the problem when you're almost perfect.
    She's naturally beautiful though, she doesn't look like she's had plastic surgery. If you look at some pictures Yuna occasionally gets some blemishes between her eyebrows. I'm confused as to what people think she got plastic sugery ON? She's never had a big nose, breast enhancement would hurt her skating, her teeth were fixed by braces, her lips have always been full. Girl was a bit awkward as a young teenager going through puberty, now she is grown up and is beautiful - that happens a lot, it shouldn't be a shock to anyone. Also, magazines airbrush. As for Yuna and her perfect body - she works out 48 hours a week and eats really healthy so obviously she has a great body. It's not like she's a super model though, the girl is only 164cm (5'4.5"). Yuna is naturally very attractive and has gotten more beautiful with age. End of story. There's no way she had plastic surgery.

vCash
    contining the theme, Yuna looks stunning in this video

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    contining the theme, Yuna looks stunning in this video
    Wow!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123