Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Hmmm, that was like thinking of your Nana's funeral right before you come.

Oh well, the play by play was fun, folks! Shall we again for Miss Universe?

vCash
    Good. Michigan. I'm not watching (west coast), so I cannot factor in the tw*t (meaning "twit", of course) factor. But when I looked at the pics links, I thought "Michigan needs to win this ... she's the only one who might pick up the Miss Universe crown later"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    wow... this is almost as bad as Carrie Prejean last year...
    But Carrie didn't win, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Hmmm, that was like thinking of your Nana's funeral right before you come.

Oh well, the play by play was fun, folks! Shall we again for Miss Universe?
    Without a doubt.

vCash
    I said almost as bad... lol but she'd better get an attitude adjustment real quick or she may join the likes of Kimberly Pressler and Shauntay Hinton...
    Kyle

vCash
    I love Ms Michigan's remark about Pizza...lol
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    But when I looked at the pics links, I thought "Michigan needs to win this ... she's the only one who might pick up the Miss Universe crown later"
    If she wins Miss Univers she'll be even more wonderful and intimidating, I can't wait.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Are we seriously sending another USA girl to the Ms. Universe competition who is prone to TRIP AND FALL in the evening gown competition?

vCash
    Will this be 3 for 3 if she does?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I thought Oklahoma was beautiful but Michigan was the most confident and very comfortable with herself. I was rooting for California but she didn't even make the final 10.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Will this be 3 for 3 if she does?
    No. Last year's did not. That was 2007 and 2008. Miss USA did finish in 10th in last year's EG competition, though.

This year's Miss USA might make top 5, but she won't get higher than 2nd runner up. She needs major polish. Miss OK or CO would have been the best representatives to send to compete for Miss Universe.

vCash
    That was one of the most ugly-tastic display of evening gowns I have ever seen at a pageant. Although I think the judges sent a pretty clear message to next year's contestants: want to be Top 5? Wear white.

And if Johnny wants to exploit his 15 minutes of fame on the basis of being "stylish", he didn't help his case with that horror show he was wearing. It looked like a rejected costume from a 1980s roller disco movie.

I think Aussie Cook Host Guy is not going to be back next year.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I love Ms Michigan's remark about Pizza...lol
    I love that she is the first Arab-American and Muslim to become Miss USA. A huge milestone for this country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    No. Last year's did not. That was 2007 and 2008. Miss USA did finish in 10th in last year's EG competition, though.
    Which, IIRC, was lower than the 2007's did with a fall. Skating's influence is abound ... COP is EVERYWHERE!

This year's Miss USA might make top 5, but she won't get higher than 2nd runner up. She needs major polish.
    Dunno. How much are you willing to bet? Last years' Miss USA was definitely polished -- to the point that it was a little off-putting. Miss USA, esp., needs to show a degree* of imperfection to have a chance.

Miss Michigan/nee USA is perfect looking and has those huge "selling points" as ebayj said ... so a little lack of polish might be the spark she needs to rise from top 5 to the .

*Meaning: Minor imperfection. Too-short, tacky blonde coke-whores in Project Runway reject gowns need not apply.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Rats I missed it.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Venezuela won Miss Universe the past two years. Here's the current one and the other finalists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C18HyEpY0Y

Seeing it's supposed to be all surface anyway, to my eye, she was impossible to beat, especially in her red gown. Kosovo came close, the other three didn't have a prayer.

IIRC, Stefania was eighteen and came off charming during question time (in Portuguese, right?)
    Last edited by soxxy; 05-17-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Venezuela won Miss Universe the past two years. Here's the current one and the other finalists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C18HyEpY0Y

Seeing it's supposed to be all surface anyway, to my eye, she was impossible to beat, especially in her red gown. Kosovo came close, the other three didn't have a prayer.

IIRC, Stefania was eighteen and came off charming during question time (in Portuguese, right?)
    Venezuela is a Spanish-speaking country (Brazil is the only country in South America that speaks Portuguese). They practically mint Miss Universes, and have programs that groom women from the earliest age to be pageant contestants.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Miss Michigan/nee USA is perfect looking and has those huge "selling points
    She seems an ideal candidate for the times.
    I'm sure the "pageant handlers" are already hard at work, doing any "prep/grooming" necessary to maximize her chances at Miss Universe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post

Dunno. How much are you willing to bet? Last years' Miss USA was definitely polished -- to the point that it was a little off-putting. Miss USA, esp., needs to show a degree* of imperfection to have a chance.

Miss Michigan/nee USA is perfect looking and has those huge "selling points" as ebayj said ... so a little lack of polish might be the spark she needs to rise from top 5 to the .

*Meaning: Minor imperfection. Too-short, tacky blonde coke-whores in Project Runway reject gowns need not apply.
    Oh Beefy... you are so going to be buying all of my drinks on the ship when Miss Tanzania wins this year. The winner this year will not be latina, will be from Europe or Africa, and the first runner up will not be from the USA. I stand by my prediction. Had Miss Oklahoma or Miss Colorado (a figure skater who trained in Colorado Springs) won, then we would be talking title.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Thanks for the clarification, BittyBug.

The Arizona immigration question posed to Miss Oklahoma (first runner-up) is causing a stir:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...zona_immi.html

"Looks like the Miss USA pageant didn't want to risk the wrath of the open-borders mob," wrote conservative blogger Michelle Malkin.
    This won't have the legs of the Carrie Prejean debacle, however.
    Last edited by soxxy; 05-17-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast