Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

From Russia with love - news & updates

I'm following Sylvia's path here. So we can collect news and updates from Russia here (while the discussion in the Mukhortova/Trankov and Khokhlova/Novitski thread continues), but not all news need a thread of their own.

Sergei Voronov has been training with Nikolai Morozov since right after Worlds. Morozov is expected to come to Moscow these days. Voronov is already in Moscow. He has two new programs.

Stanislav Kovalev (Junior Final participant) has switched coaches (from Zhanna Gromova to Viktor Kudriavtsev)

ETA: More to come. I'm waiting for confirmation of one rumour and for the go-ahead to publish it for another piece of news. Both are about coaching changes.
    Last edited by Eislauffan; 05-14-2010 at 07:03 PM.

vCash
    Well, this is Ukraine, but they trained mostly in Russia. Apparently ice dancer Anna Zadarozhniuk has to quit competitive skating due to ongoing back problems. :-(

vCash
    (((Anna))) That's sad. Best of luck for her in her post-skating life.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Does this mean we'll see Beknazarova/Zuev again, or did they retire? Will Verbillo look for another partner?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Does this mean we'll see Beknazarova/Zuev again, or did they retire? Will Verbillo look for another partner?
    I haven't heard anything about Beknazarova/Zuev. I will ask about Verbillo, though.

vCash
    I just saw that Plushenko is definitely leaving the St. Petersberg assembly in the fall of this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Well, this is Ukraine, but they trained mostly in Russia. Apparently ice dancer Anna Zadarozhniuk has to quit competitive skating due to ongoing back problems. :-(
    Is this truth? Where did you find this information? I mean i cant find nothing at Ulranian message board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Is this truth? Where did you find this information? I mean i cant find nothing at Ulranian message board
    This information comes from their coaches in Odintsovo. However, as I said, "apparently" she will have to retire. Maybe if she gets better she can continue. But the coaches felt she can't go on. She also withdrew from Worlds because of her back problems.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm following Sylvia's path here. So we can collect news and updates from Russia here (while the discussion in the Mukhortova/Trankov and Khokhlova/Novitski thread continues), but not all news need a thread of their own.

Sergei Voronov has been training with Nikolai Morozov since right after Worlds. Morozov is expected to come to Moscow these days. Voronov is already in Moscow. He has two new programs.

Stanislav Kovalev (Junior Final participant) has switched coaches (from Zhanna Gromova to Viktor Kudriavtsev)

ETA: More to come. I'm waiting for confirmation of one rumour and for the go-ahead to publish it for another piece of news. Both are about coaching changes.
    Thanks for starting this. Looking forward to V/T news.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    This information comes from their coaches in Odintsovo. However, as I said, "apparently" she will have to retire. Maybe if she gets better she can continue. But the coaches felt she can't go on. She also withdrew from Worlds because of her back problems.
    Thank you for information!

vCash

vCash
    voronov with morozov??? really???I didnt know!!!
    thank you Eislauffan for everything for the past also, news, interviews, photos , reports, a big thank you!

vCash
    So who would be considered Ukraine's #1 dance team now? Are Beknazarova & Zuev still competeting? I know they weren't at worlds, but I don't know the reason why. The Blues for Klook team is rough, but they are a lot younger so they're perhaps are seen as having more long term potential?

I really felt B&Z were stronger in both skating and program design than Z&V last season, they just needed better packaging overall.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Voronov was in NJ after Worlds until just earlier this month, so his work with Morosov started pretty quickly (apparently stayed at his home also...whatever did Miki think? )
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    So who would be considered Ukraine's #1 dance team now? Are Beknazarova & Zuev still competeting? I know they weren't at worlds, but I don't know the reason why. The Blues for Klook team is rough, but they are a lot younger so they're perhaps are seen as having more long term potential?
    They were not at Worlds because Ukraine had only one spot.

vCash
    I hope that he will be able to learn that most beautiful jumping style that Kulik got from Viktor K?

I´m eagerly looking forward to those new programmes...

Thanks for all the info, Eislauffan!!!

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    (apparently stayed at his home also...whatever did Miki think? )
    Trouble in paradise?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elfenblüte View Post
    They were not at Worlds because Ukraine had only one spot.
    Oops. I'm was confusing Ukrainian and Czech dance teams.

vCash
    Anna Ovcharova and Polina Agafonova will compete on the junior grand prix circuit for the upcoming season. I have not heard what Polina Shelepen or Sofya Birukova plan to do but maybe someone knows?

vCash
    Thank you for the thread and all news Eislauffan.

My "news" is about Ice Show "Ice initiation" which is the newest project of Alexander Zhulin and one of the choreographers that worked with "Ice Age" Igor Orshulyak presenting Alexander Zhulin , Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat,Angelica Krilova,Ruslan Goncharov, Irina Lobacheva and her Ice Age celebrity partner Dmitrii Marianov, Petr Tchernishev and Naomi Lang, Igor Lyutikov/participant in Holiday on ice/,Alena Ilinykh and Nikita Kacalapoov and ice acrobats Alexei Polishhuk and Bert Kording .It is from May 25 untill May 30,2010 and is a modern tale about a spy school where Zhulin is a principal.There will be lots of magic and fantasy.According to the announcements is going to be interesting and fun for kids and adults .
    http://www.sokolniki.info/icerink/show/playbill/ledpos/
    http://www.parter.ru/parter/ru/muzik...default/71387/

And a large article-interview with Alexander Zhulin about his personal and professional life with lots of on and off ice photos .

http://7dn.ru/article/7days/447835
    Last edited by vivika1982; 05-15-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast