Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    Not really, I made it quite clear he doesn't even belong in the same breath as Jobs or Gates. A few others in this thread have even agreed with me. There was nothing subtle in your post. It was a bad comparison...it's okay, admitting it is the first step.
    I said "almost on par". I stand by my statement.

Clearly not. I've posted twice how you've contradicted yourself. And WindSpirit even pointed out you're not making sense. And Prancer sort of did as well.
    I have not contradicted myself. I have extrapolated on my point. To borrow ag's favorite word you appear to be conflating the two.

That Zuckerberg is NOT a visionary "almost on par with" Steve Jobs or Bill Gates.
    Fine. You disagree with me. Contrary to what you may believe it is not my mission in life to change your mind.
    You're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point, and now you're boring me. Come up with more substantive (or coherent) posts, and we can play again elsewhere.
    Beam, your own eye, etc. I think Pot. Kettle. Black. is overused.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Um..PM?
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Nah. I am done with hydro here.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Not summer :(
    vCash
    THAT was interesting....
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I reposted this on my profile, because I found a couple of my friends statuses on the youropenbook.org

It is worth repeating, because some of you don't have privacy settings at the most secure levels. go to youropenbook.org to see if someone can find your status in facebook. It might surprise you. Then go to reclaimprivacy.org to check on your privacy settings. If you don't find yourself with a key word, copy your entire status wording to check if your information can be seen.
    And I did the reclaimprivacy.org scan today as facebook told me that there was an enhancement to the security settings. Yup, I had to change a small setting on my profile to maintain the highest level possible.

vCash
    Possibly as a result to this controversy, I noticed today that Facebook introduced new privacy settings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Possibly as a result to this controversy, I noticed today that Facebook introduced new privacy settings.
    make sure that yours are set the way you had them before. I had to change one of mine because it reverted back to a "everyone" open search vs. the only me setting I had before the new changes today.

vCash
    The new settings were announced last week and will be rolled out to all users over the period of a couple weeks. And yes, it's a good idea to go in periodically and check your settings.

vCash
    I got the new settings. And of course I think they're more confusing now. But I'm able to figure them out. I don't like how they recommend what they think you're privacy settings should be. Someone who isn't as aware of privacy might be inclined to just listen to them. I'm guilty of doing this when downloading programs etc.

If they would just add back the option of not allowing people to friend you and let me hide my activity, I would be 100 percent happy. Sometimes I spend too much time on Facebook and would rather not have everyone know every thing I comment on.

Oh and please check all your privacy settings. On the new message announcing the changes it said all my settings had stayed the same. Well, I checked and it had me sharing my information with Yelp. I had disabled that when I did that privacy scan that was posted here, but it was activated again. I don't understand how they even know I'm on Yelp. I use a different email address.
    Smoke a ciggy and have some fun!!!

vCash
    Fortunately all of mine stayed the same, but I think it's worth checking periodically just to make sure nothing changes...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
    I got the new settings. And of course I think they're more confusing now. But I'm able to figure them out. I don't like how they recommend what they think you're privacy settings should be. Someone who isn't as aware of privacy might be inclined to just listen to them. I'm guilty of doing this when downloading programs etc.

If they would just add back the option of not allowing people to friend you and let me hide my activity, I would be 100 percent happy. Sometimes I spend too much time on Facebook and would rather not have everyone know every thing I comment on.

Oh and please check all your privacy settings. On the new message announcing the changes it said all my settings had stayed the same. Well, I checked and it had me sharing my information with Yelp. I had disabled that when I did that privacy scan that was posted here, but it was activated again. I don't understand how they even know I'm on Yelp. I use a different email address.
    I delete all my activity on my wall. You *can* limit what your friends see even more (there is an "only me" option), but then for certain things, that's an all or nothing option. Everyone has to decide how much they want to share or not, and then live with those choices.

Or not be on Facebook.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Here's an article about Zuckerberg sweating bullets at a conference: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...6D35.DTL&tsp=1

from Speedy Death

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    'Graph from the article:
    "Zuckerberg doesn't seem to be helping Facebook with his latest statements concerning privacy," added Olds. "While some of the recent Facebook changes have helped users find and better control their data, Facebook's default settings tend to give users less, rather than more, privacy. When asked about this, he didn't directly address the policy. I took his answer to mean that he thinks the Facebook model works best when people share more. While this is certainly true for Facebook, it ain't necessarily the case for users who want to keep their private data, well, private."
    Yarite, works best for Zukerberg's wallet.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Sorry if this was posted already but I got addicted to Openbook:

http://youropenbook.org

My favourite search is 'not racist but'

http://youropenbook.org/?q=not%20racist%20but

I am not a racist but i just dnt like BLACK PPL i ent homaphobic but i just cnt stand QUEERS but i love my gorgeous adopted ginger son -Ben Eazii Cunnington XXXXXXX DATS MY B RYT DER STILL!!!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789