Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1008
  1. #101

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    in the centre
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1093
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsparky View Post

    Anyway I´m waiting someone will come with the ultimate remix: Requiem for a dream + Adagio
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Performed by Edvin Marton
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    With vocals by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post

    Shouldn't Il Divo be involved, too?
    and Maksim Mrvica and Raul di Blasio will play burning pianos in the background till they light your inner fire and take you higher

  2. #102
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,338
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17204
    Was it ever officially confirmed that Olga Orlova/Matthieu Jost have split? The following was posted in the Khokhlova/Novitski thread today re. Orlova/Jost splitting:
    Quote Originally Posted by IneZR View Post
    Unfortunately this is true.

  3. #103
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    18,229
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    19676
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    and Maksim Mrvica and Raul di Blasio will play burning pianos in the background till they light your inner fire and take you higher
    Wow, we have the soundtrack for a new Johnny Weir show
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

  4. #104

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    9,859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5594
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Young children and older one ! Their ballet is french national champion, and I also train there
    Yes, I know there is a successful ballet team in Colombe (though I thought it was junior), but I was trying to keep to the point rather than raise questions about what ballet means as a competitive discipline.

    Is it true then that the club may be closed? How real is the danger?

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    After the Eiffel Tower on the left
    Posts
    2,546
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Is it true then that the club may be closed? How real is the danger?
    It is very real.

    A lot of rinks built in the 70s need some heavy work and the municipalities who own them don't want to put their money in a costly facility which struggles for its financial balance. Nowadays, cities who are building rinks put them in the middle of a leisure complex or a leisure zone. Anyway the mayor has a proposal to transform the rink into a bowling.

    There is an petition, a facebook group, Candeloro has met the mayor, there has been a protest. Rama Yade came into the mix to criticize the mayor. But if she's the Secretary of State for Sports, she's also a member of the opposition in the city council of Colombes ( ).

    A deputy mayor has said that the decision (the mayor should take a decision in June) wouldn't be applied next September but in September 2011 but that's still to be confirmed.
    The mayor still envisions the replacement of the rink by a bowling, with the potential addition of an artificial rink. Nothing to calm down the worries.

    The french fed is annoyed not only because that has been an important rink in the development of figure skating in France but also because it's in Colombes that they have organized their development program. It represents 4 to 9 days a month that they are using to monitor and develop skaters.

  6. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    978
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Was it ever officially confirmed that Olga Orlova/Matthieu Jost have split? The following was posted in the Khokhlova/Novitski thread today re. Orlova/Jost splitting:
    The news was posted in Pirouette magazine's May edition. They said they expected more from this partnership and it didn't work out the way they had planned.

  7. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,257
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Yes, I know there is a successful ballet team in Colombe (though I thought it was junior), but I was trying to keep to the point rather than raise questions about what ballet means as a competitive discipline.

    Is it true then that the club may be closed? How real is the danger?
    The president of my club told me two weeks ago : 20 % of chance to stay opened ! It's not big !
    And yes, this is a junior ballet. But not young people who will become champions.

  8. #108
    living every minute
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lost in voidy awe!
    Posts
    9,075
    vCash
    300
    Rep Power
    182
    What? Has the French Rumour Mill ceased to grind?
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

  9. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    206
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsparky View Post
    Anyway I´m waiting someone will come with the ultimate remix: Requiem for a dream + Adagio
    No Requiem but here's Semenovich/Kostomarov skating to an R&B remix of Mahler + Adagio.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljSlaHhi2kU
    I think Linichuk choreographed this program. That's V/M's FD music at the beginning, no?

  10. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,265
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aliona22 View Post
    No Requiem but here's Semenovich/Kostomarov skating to an R&B remix of Mahler + Adagio.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljSlaHhi2kU
    I think Linichuk choreographed this program. That's V/M's FD music at the beginning, no?
    Yes I love that FD. It's cheesetastic, but in a good way. BTW, here's a smoother version of it.

    I always thought that S&K were a better stylistic match then him with Navka. I always found N&K to be like some guy skating with his hot aunt.

  11. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,374
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I always found N&K to be like some guy skating with his hot aunt.
    LOL Just to make sure I got your view, how would describe such a partnership skating wise ?

  12. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,265
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
    LOL Just to make sure I got your view, how would describe such a partnership skating wise ?
    Oh fine. She was way more secure and confident in her skating though.

  13. #113

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,540
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2946
    Well, I thought it would have already popped up in here...

    an article of La NR indicates that Brian LP will be choreographed by David Wilson. Other than that, no fresh news, and still no coach.

  14. #114

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lyon, France
    Age
    53
    Posts
    365
    vCash
    300
    Rep Power
    14

  15. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,147
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    How scary to read all those quotes from Raymonde. "We have not decided yet". She keeps using the word "we".

  16. #116

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Paname
    Posts
    4,326
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3228
    Typical

    And still no confirmation from the FFSG about the pairing of Vanessa with anyone
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

  17. #117

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,540
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2946
    Quote Originally Posted by taz'smum View Post

    in this one it's said Brian will work with Brian Orser in Canada.
    So, for now, we have Orser + Wilson.

  18. #118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,147
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Typical

    And still no confirmation from the FFSG about the pairing of Vanessa with anyone
    Anyone? Not Coia?

  19. #119

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Paname
    Posts
    4,326
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3228
    I am just saying that when the pairing will be a done deal, the FFSG will surely glose about it in a press release. They've been the champions of those these past years. Only tell if it's positive, otherwise, shut your mouth !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

  20. #120

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,931
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    1626
    P/B's new FD is to Charlie Chaplin. I'm sure they'll rock it

    And here's a photo from their Official facebook page:

    Charlie Chaplin

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •