Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It's probably too late to replace Joubert due to the travel and visa arrangements, but I wonder if the Chinese Fed will find a replacement for Guan. There are no minimums required for a host replacement.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Not that it's exactly "news", but here are an interview of freshly retired Blanc/Bouquet and another of their (former) coach Karine Arribert.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Thank you for posting these!

Pierre:
    During a work session with Igor Shpilband (coach of the Olympic champions and vice-champions) in the United States, we showed him our, still uncompleted at the time, FD to Grand Corps Malade’s slam because we wanted him to help us build some parts. He told us he was loving it but could not help with the choreography for fear of changing its style.
    And from the Karine Arribert interview:
    We went to Cup of Russia with him, he was unable to understand the program. So he didn’t support us. Do you know who did ? Igor Shpilband. He asked us : « but how come you are last ?
    Wow. I have a new found respect for Shpilband.

Also from the Karine Arribert interview about B&B's controversial Grand Corps Malade FD:

Do you know what I have been told ? That Zoé and Pierre-Loup were getting deductions because there was no change of rhythm in their programs. We had a competition here and I brought an international judge in the dressing room. I played their music, along with a metronome : “I’m going to show you your own incompetence”. Judges in ice dance are amazingly incompetent. And I can’t stand it. When I created Zoé and Pierre-Loup’s FD to Grand Corps Malade’ slam, I was sent for a meeting where I was told : impossible, you’re crazy, there is no rhythm, and so on… We were in touch with Grand Corps Malade on the Internet and we asked him to send a mail, explaining that his song indeed did had rhythm, otherwise singing would have been simply… impossible. Grand Corps Malade’s phrasing is systematically one beat behind his music. The music starts at 1, the phrasing starts at 2. I can tell you that with Zoé and Pierre-Loup, we have worked on that for months. Our intention was precisely to make the most of this musical lapse [she sings to demonstrate]. And at the first competition of the season, I’m told there is no rhythm ? When it comes to this point, I’m done, it doesn’t interest me anymore. I’m willing to debate a lot of things, but with valid arguments.
    Read the whole thing. It's a really excellent interview, including some comments on Zazoui and DelSchoes.

vCash
    The Karine Arribert interview is fascinating. Thanks so much for sharing the link. I knew about her and have seen some of her work, but it's really interesting to have her explain the process that goes into it and her sources of inspirations. I'd already come across B/B's interview, but it's good to read them together.

Casken, I thought most of her criticism was reserved for the system and the FFSG, with some for Zazoui and only a bit for DelSchoes.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing the link.
    To be honest it's more like self-promotion since I'm the author of the ITW and our website (and motivation) needs hits to keep on running.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Casken, I thought most of her criticism was reserved for the system and the FFSG, with some for Zazoui and only a bit for DelSchoes.
    Indeed, it was. She has a real admiration for Zazoui's work and bemoans the fact that the system leaves no choice to noone.

vCash
    Blanc/Bouquet ´s OD Folk is one of my favs, their FD looked some times very demanding to the point of making them to look slow, when I don´t think they were so.
    Thanks for the interview, quite interesting.
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    To be honest it's more like self-promotion since I'm the author of the ITW and our website (and motivation) needs hits to keep on running.
    See, I think of it as a win-win situation - you get page views and we get to read a really great interview. So it's all good!

vCash

Hetman- Allainon fr3 tv interview

http://aquitaine.france3.fr/sport-aq..._article=15344 a nice interview on Elektra and Ben starts about 7min mark. Also a nice mention and photo in Patinage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    Not that it's exactly "news", but here are an interview of freshly retired Blanc/Bouquet and another of their (former) coach Karine Arribert.
    That is a FASCINATING interview with Arribert. So much insight into how ice dance works.

I've never heard of this "ice ballet" discipline that she mentions. Anyone have links to any good videos?

vCash
    I'll look for some of the ones I like best like Chambéry or Villard de Lans team in France. Toulouse isn't bad either.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I've never heard of this "ice ballet" discipline that she mentions. Anyone have links to any good videos?
    Villard de Lans Senior team (featuring Blanc/Bouquet) in 2008.

Same team in 2010 Theme : WWII Resistance
    Last edited by cholla; 11-14-2011 at 05:46 PM.

vCash
    The one from Chambéry that I absolutly love : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHqNo_2hwQU
    And the choreographic exercise they did that I do love too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Hhy...eature=related
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Tough season start for french skaters when they have the most important competition held in their own country though it's impressive that Meite seems to be making her way.

In Brian's interview he doesn't seem to be that disturbed that he's out of grand prix due to his injury. I like this positive energy. I hope he makes the top of the podium in Euro this season. He's got matrix back which is a little shame that his last season's free program was just magnificent for him but it's a good thing that he likes it and wants to challenge it.

Could anyone tell me when is Florent's next grand prix event? Is it TEB? At SA he was just plain, not the skater who won the euro championship last season. I just can't wait to see how he's changed his form within a month.

Allez Brian, Florent et Natalie et Fabian!

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Could anyone tell me when is Florent's next grand prix event? Is it TEB?
    Yes.

vCash
    Interview with P/B in icenetwork :

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&tcid=fb_share

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vivika1982 View Post

Thanks! It is interesting that they didn't want to participate Skate America and Skate Canada, but the FFSG forced them to

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If they were going to accept three events, because as a team who placed 4-6 at Worlds, they had to go up against D/W and V/M at least once, since they could only go up against the Shibs a maximum of two times. However, the Shibs did back-to-back CoC and NHK, and that would have been a three-in-a row slog with TEB at the end.

The French Fed may have had little choice, if they were last to choose each round. Or do P/B think the FF still is punishing them? I'm sure they would have loved to visit Moscow, especially with the Bolshoi open, which would still have pitted them up against D/W, but last year, their strategy was to get feedback early and often, and they train in NA, making SA and SC logical choices and giving them time to integrate feedback into their programs before TEB. The Russian Federation chose their own 4-6 team (B/S) and would have had every incentive to protect B/S at their own event against a team that is likely to beat them.

With three events, they should not have been in any danger of not making GPF, since they should have had at least three silvers and high scores for a tie-break.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    The top 4 ladies were competing this weekend at various events:

Mae Berenice Meite 145.44 (TEB)
    Lénaelle Gilleron-Gory 142.50 (Merano Cup)
    Yretha Silete 135.90 (TEB)
    Lena Marrocco 126.97 (TEB)

I still think it's a toss-up for the 1 Worlds spot depending on Nationals...(or even a skate-off at Europeans for the 2 entrants)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    The top 4 ladies were competing this weekend at various events:

Mae Berenice Meite 145.44 (TEB)
    Lénaelle Gilleron-Gory 142.50 (Merano Cup)
    Yretha Silete 135.90 (TEB)
    Lena Marrocco 126.97 (TEB)

I still think it's a toss-up for the 1 Worlds spot depending on Nationals...(or even a skate-off at Europeans for the 2 entrants)
    My bet is that Gilleron will get Junior Worlds and Meite and Silete will get Europeans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vivika1982 View Post
    Thank you for the interview. Pechalat/Bourzat is one of my favourite (current) ice dancing teams, so it's interesting to read interviews from them.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast