Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    I love Candeloro but remember 93/94 and 94/95, when both his SPs and LPs where Godfather programmes? (With slight changes, granted)

So, I'll let Brian return one more time
    noooooo that's not the same ! Godfather I,II,III & IV were four different stories, he was acting a full play out on ice every time he skated. for his sp in 94, he was so young, and then he grew into and old man, with grey hair, acting the part. And Godfather II...loved it, he was so slick!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFairy View Post
    while we're at it, bring back my Stanick as well, that would make me so ridiculously happy!!!)
    Yes, please! If not as a skater than as Amodio's choreographer Now there's someone with really great ideas.

But hey, you can't really argue that there was anything Matrix-y about Joubert's programs from last season, or most of his SPs for that matter (and isn't KvdP more likely to skate to Pirates of the Caribbean or one of its sequels?)

vCash
    Can Joubert just retire now, please?

vCash
    Are you sure that Brian will skate on "Matrix" and not on the "never ending story" ?

vCash
    I guess the Matrix is to Brian what The Four Season was to Petrova and Tikhonov.

I will say that there was a young American guy a few years back (Stojko-like, attempted qauds?) with a Matrix LP that used very different cuts than Joubert. So it may be a very different program even if it's from the same soundtrack.

vCash
    http://www.lunion.presse.fr/article/...lban-preaubert

Some news about Alban Preaubert. He has been working for an asset management company in Paris since March and hasn't been skating much except on week-ends. He is not ready to announce his retirement from skating and wants to keep his options open. He is working on Friday but will attend the competition in Orleans this week-end.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Aw, I hope Alban sticks around. There's no one like him. And I have a soft spot for smart skaters.. Savoie, Denkova, Peizerat. Good for him working at another career!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    Idk if this has been posted anywhere else, but said on passion patinage that Brian's new LP is on..... Matrix.
    now I wonder will he come back to the 007 SP...

vCash
    IMO Alban's done : he graduated from a very good school business school, ESCP EUROPE, and now has a job in Finance. I don't think he'll have time to train anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I will say that there was a young American guy a few years back (Stojko-like, attempted qauds?) with a Matrix LP that used very different cuts than Joubert. So it may be a very different program even if it's from the same soundtrack.
    In a French interview someone posted here (I guess), he says that he is skating the exact same program...

vCash
    He's talking about Matrix here too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4jmUnfhaBQ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I guess the Matrix is to Brian what The Four Season was to Petrova and Tikhonov.
    and Turandot to Meno & Sand....

Hence Alban....I'm gonna miss him SO much! he is/was, such a goofy, groovy, cool and different skater! (and I have a thing for cute guys with messy teeth lol)

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Can Joubert just retire now, please?

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFairy View Post
    and Turandot to Meno & Sand....

Hence Alban....I'm gonna miss him SO much! he is/was, such a goofy, groovy, cool and different skater! (and I have a thing for cute guys with messy teeth lol)
    Alban was hardly immune to reusing a programme. Buzzy Bee anyone? (not sure if that's what he called it or just what I remember it as) Maybe it's just that I saw it live a number of times but that particular programme seemed to hang around WAY too long. It wore thin.

Click me with your mouse
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    Alban was hardly immune to reusing a programme. Buzzy Bee anyone? (not sure if that's what he called it or just what I remember it as) Maybe it's just that I saw it live a number of times but that particular programme seemed to hang around WAY too long. It wore thin.
    Buzzy Bee. I definitely saw that program live way too many times... although, I think that maybe all of Preaubert's programs just look the same and technically they were different?

I'm kind of amused by Joubert skating to the Matrix again. He's at the end of his career, trying different styles obviously didn't work in his favor, so I don't exactly blame him. I will be if he shows up with his Matrix program from 2004, though. Maybe he can reprise "The Untouchables" next?

vCash
    I'd rather see his Mexican Hat.....

vCash
    Can Joubert and Preaubert just retire now, please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Can Joubert and Preaubert just retire now, please?
    Agreed.

I love Amodio and I adored his free program from last season. I don't care what the other think.

vCash
    Preaubert did have a few voidy programs but I could never get past his choppy, scratchy basic skating and absolutely horrific posture. I don't think I've ever seen worse.

And at some point, his programs stopped being voidy and become as generic as everybody else's.

vCash
    Any links to Pechalat and Bourzat's SD at the French Masters

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast