Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

vCash
    An update from Péchalat and Bourzat at the Detroit Skating Club leads off this 8/19 article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    The team plans to return to France at least once every three months to avoid U.S. visa problems and work with French choreographer Kader Belmoktar. Their first trip back home is to show their programs -- a short dance to a Rumba and slow and fast Samba rhythms, and their "Egypt" free dance to music from Peter Gabriel -- at the annual Orléans Paris Masters competition in October.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    Annie_mg is right, the correct spelling of his first name is Matthieu with a double T.
    And yet you wouldn't believe the large number of official results from the french fed where I've seen it written as Mathieu. They also like to spell Fabien Bourzat. Gosh, it's not like they have to transliterate the names...

Speaking of which I have a spelling doubt that someone may clear for me, I was taking a look at the rooster for Les Master's and they had a Timofeï Novaikim, but I see it written most often as Novaikin, which one is correct?
    Thanks

vCash
    The FFSG website makes spelling mistake in the name of the skaters all the time.
    And the correct spelling for Timofei is Novaikin. He has russian origins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmsis View Post
    The FFSG website makes spelling mistake in the name of the skaters all the time.
    And the correct spelling for Timofei is Novaikin. He has russian origins.
    The Masters list is pretty good by FFSG standards, not as many spelling mistakes as I've seen in the past! Though how after all these years, they can misspell Fabian and Carron with one 'r' beats me! Maybe the secretary is dyslexic?

vCash
    Here's a new Florent Amodio interview: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcUYD...&feature=share

There is a bunch of articles about Brian Joubert today, since he is doing the master this week.
    He said that:
    -He did not feel comfortable with last year SP at all. He said that it was not his favorite style and that at his age, he is going to skate on stuff he is comfortable with.
    -He only took a 3 week break instead of the typical 5 week break because it takes his body longer to get back to shape.
    -He went to Sweden for a summer camp this year to work on the technique first. He used to do a lot of physical prep in Courchevel the previous years
    -He plans to skate until Sotchi
    -He wants a normal life and works on his house, does his grocery shopping and goes to bars with his friends. He even said he drinks alcohol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcUYD...&feature=share

There is a bunch of articles about Brian Joubert today, since he is doing the master this week.
    He said that:
    -He did not feel comfortable with last year SP at all. He said that it was not his favorite style and that at his age, he is going to skate on stuff he is comfortable with.
    -He only took a 3 week break instead of the typical 5 week break because it takes his body longer to get back to shape.
    -He went to Sweden for a summer camp this year to work on the technique first. He used to do a lot of physical prep in Courchevel the previous years
    -He plans to skate until Sotchi
    -He wants a normal life and works on his house, does his grocery shopping and goes to bars with his friends. He even said he drinks alcohol.
    LOL, and what is rédOmption ?

Well, I don't really know why he talks about last year's choreo to explain his bad results. He has troubles with his programs every year. He is old enough to see this and change them as soon as possible, IMO.
    Another news in the video : he said he probably won't compete in Grand-Prix series every year till Socchi (maybe just French Nats, Euros and Worlds).

Anyway, good luck for this new season. I like to see Brian every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Well, I don't really know why he talks about last year's choreo to explain his bad results. He has troubles with his programs every year. He is old enough to see this and change them as soon as possible, IMO.
    He's mentioned that the SP was an issue more than once - for instance, in the IFS magazine interview he mentioned that the program just wasn't right for him and that any time he made a mistake, he had a hard time getting back into it, which was a problem considering he almost never skated it clean, not even in practice. But I guess he wanted to give it some time before ditching it; after all, the LP wasn't his usual thing, but he came to like it with time and it worked well for him.

Another news in the video : he said he probably won't compete in Grand-Prix series every year till Socchi (maybe just French Nats, Euros and Worlds).
    Now that's interesting; he's said before that he might stop doing GPs, but then his name always ends up on the entry lists. I don't know what his goals for Sochi are - he has to know the chances of a medal aren't great - but maybe he just wants to have an Olympics performance he can be proud of.

I hope he'll do well this season; I guess we'll find out soon what kind of shape he's in.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Zemgirl;3311331]
    - he has to know the chances of a medal aren't great - but maybe he just wants to have an Olympics performance he can be proud of.

So Plushenko wants to skate in Sochi and the probability of a medal must be even smaller for him than Brian who's still competing ?

I think Brian peaked ages ago bit I still love to see him

vCash
    does any one know if there is a live stream showing the Masters ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    - he has to know the chances of a medal aren't great - but maybe he just wants to have an Olympics performance he can be proud of.

So Plushenko wants to skate in Sochi and the probability of a medal must be even smaller for him than Brian who's still competing ?

I think he just want to have a "normal" performance...

oh,do you really think so?Plushenko definitely have change to get medals,even gold.He still have big jumps and he usually get high PCS with nearly no choreo,if he change a little,what will happen?not to say he's a Russian.Joubert is far behind him even on 2010 Oly and become France's No2.Don't compare them....

agree to the last sentence,I love him as a person.

I don't think so.every year we just see fan videos from Masters...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    I

I don't think so.every year we just see fan videos from Masters...
    I can't wait to see P/B

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    No, there won't be any.
    The channel MCS (MaChaineSport) will broadcast 2 hours of the competition on Saturday evening (6pm CET) but it is not available on the internet AFAIK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    the LP wasn't his usual thing, but he came to like it with time and it worked well for him.
    I just wanted to follow up on this because apparently Joubert's been saying otherwise in interviews - sort of like the SP, good but not for him - and he will not be using it this season.

vCash
    Idk if this has been posted anywhere else, but said on passion patinage that Brian's new LP is on..... Matrix.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    Idk if this has been posted anywhere else, but said on passion patinage that Brian's new LP is on..... Matrix.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Well, to be fair --he said that he is too old to try new stuff.

I just never expected him to be so ... literal.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Is it possible to call that a new LP?
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Is it possible to call that a new LP?
    maybe the "choreography" will be different?

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post

Maybe not "ages" ago, but I think you are probably right he has peaked. But I still love to see him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post

But also "Sigh"... He is making it harder and harder to continue to look forward to seeing him. I hope this isn't true!
    Last edited by mella; 10-06-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast