Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Taz'sum I would like to take this time to thank you for all the video's and pictures. They are greatly appreciated by those who are unable to attend these events. Thank you again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deepedge View Post
    Taz'sum I would like to take this time to thank you for all the video's and pictures. They are greatly appreciated by those who are unable to attend these events. Thank you again
    Glad to be of service

First information on who is going where in the JGP's for France:-

Gdansk, Poland: Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron
    Brasov, Roumania: Elektra Hetman/Benjamin Allain, Jessica Flemin/Jérémy Flemin
    Innsbruck, Austria: Lindsay Pousset/Louis Thauron, Estelle Elizabeth/ Romain LeGac
    Milan, Italy: Lindsay Pousset/Louis Thauron, Estelle Elizabeth/ Romain LeGac
    Talin, Estonia: Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron, Laura Boutary/Mahil Chantelauze

The couples going to Milan will miss out on competing in French Masters.
    Last edited by taz'smum; 07-27-2011 at 09:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taz'smum View Post
    Gdansk, Poland: Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron
    Yes, it's going to be awesome to see them live!

They are such an interesting and creative team.

Voids!

vCash
    When Chataigner & Bouzzine had a coach in the previous years they didn't demonstrate that much more than other french pairs.
    As of them pretending not to have the right look, was it confirmed from officials that their not good results were due to it ?
    Other than the look one should take into consideration that they may be not that good at all. Their skills may be not as good as other pairs. It's not because they are not favored by the French fed that it is automatically due to their look.

vCash
    Yeah sure. the same fed who told a 17 years old Gwenaelle Jullien back in the days that she was not fit to be a figure skater ?
    She wasn't huge AT ALL. But her body type was not the common "ballerina" one. So they made all they could to destroy her. And succeeded quite well.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Chataigner & Bouzzine are somewhat limited in their jumping ability. They developed good pair elements like a huge throw 3F over time, but their single skills have not improved that much. I would not be chocked to hear that Didier G criticized the way they look too. He's done that so many times. The guy needs to look at himself in the miror and eat some humble pie.

The French Fed is putting its funding towards a pair with good single skills, hoping that Cipres will develop his pairs skills quickly. So, they have to go train in Germany or Canada since the federation is not investing in a pairs program in Paris.

vCash
    The problem is that if you want skaters to PROGRESS you need to help them progress, and not make damn sure they have NO COACH, NO ICE, NO RECOGNITION.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    The fact is that the french fed has limited money and can't found all skaters. Choices must be done among teams and therefore the fed invests on the most promising ones, at least those who are considered as such.
    C & B have limited individual skating skills to begin with, and they didn't improve on this area even when they had better coaching conditions. They even got regularly beaten by new teams. So, when new talented skaters come and show better potential one can't blame the fed to put its bet on them.

vCash

Carron/Jones

Reliable sources say Carron and Jones changed coaches to Natalia Linichuk in IceWorks, Philidelphia.

A change coaches is good thing in my humble opinion.
    They must improve for succession for time when Natalie & Fabien stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaterMate View Post
    Reliable sources say Carron and Jones changed coaches to Natalia Linichuk in IceWorks, Philidelphia.

A change coaches is good thing in my humble opinion.
    They must improve for succession for time when Natalie & Fabien stop.
    seems to be a good move for them. zazoui/hagenauer´s eye may be most at zahorski/miart, they are the team of the future. i´m not a big fan of carron/jones, i liked her wir jost, but let´s see. linichuk need some good couples, i cannot see pushkash/guerrerio having any impact in russia this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    zazoui/hagenauer´s eye may be most at zahorski/miart, they are the team of the future.
    Let's hope zahorski/miart have not same problem with coaches as Carron/Jones.
    For once the decision change coaches done by the skaters, and not by Fédération. There was major problem of money between Carron/Jones and Zazoui, so they change coaches.
    Let's hope problems are in the past as Zazoui, Haguenauer, Schoenfelder & Ribas are super team for Zahorski/Miart.
    Last edited by SkaterMate; 08-14-2011 at 11:10 AM.

vCash
    They really needed a change IMO. I'm curious to see what Linichuk has in store for them!

In other news Daisuke Takahashi is (was?) in Lyon!

vCash
    Takahashi is a good dancer, so it will be interesting to see what Boucher-Zazoui and Hagenauer can to for him. Thanks for the news, Libertango!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertango View Post
    In other news Daisuke Takahashi is (was?) in Lyon!
    Good move for Takahashi!

He once said he went to Camerlengo for choreograpy because he loved Camerlengo's works with DelSchoes, and mentioned Shoenfelder's name as his favorite skater. I must say the guy has good taste.

Really looking forward to seeing what Daisuke and Team Lyon will come up with!

vCash
    I've re-read the article and it says that he's staying in Lyon for 2 weeks (I wish I lived there ).

He says again that he loved DelSchoes' skating! It's the first time in Lyon for him and he's working mainly with Olivier Schoenfelder, Romain Haguenauer and Muriel Zazoui. He wants their opinion on his choreograpy (who's choreographer this year?) and they're working on improving his skating skills and edge quality.

vCash
    (who's choreographer this year?)
    from former reports,SP David Wilson,LP Camerlengo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaterMate View Post
    Let's hope zahorski/miart have not same problem with coaches as Carron/Jones.
    For once the decision change coaches done by the skaters, and not by Fédération. There was major problem of money between Carron/Jones and Zazoui, so they change coaches.
    Let's hope problems are in the past as Zazoui, Haguenauer, Schoenfelder & Ribas are super team for Zahorski/Miart.
    Not surprised by Carron/Jones leaving Zazoui-it just wasn't working out with them. I think Carron made one of the biggest mistakes of her life leaving Jost, they were such a nice couple and they were improving tremendously when she left him. I don't think Jones will ever become as a good skater as Matthieu was.

vCash
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/16622160

James and Ciprès' short program at Quebec Summer Skate. They seem to be coached by Bruno Marcotte and Richard Gauthier.

Here are the results (detailed and all) http://www.patinage.qc.ca/doc/result..._ETE_2011.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by annie_mg View Post
    Not surprised by Carron/Jones leaving Zazoui-it just wasn't working out with them. I think Carron made one of the biggest mistakes of her life leaving Jost, they were such a nice couple and they were improving tremendously when she left him. I don't think Jones will ever become as a good skater as Matthieu was.
    Well, you are very wrong. Pernelle would now have no career. Jost was already in his late twenties when they split with heavy commitment outside skating to a full time career job and a family life with new baby. The partnership was already over before she skated with Lloyd. Their working relatinship on ice was miserable.

Lloyd at that time had left France and was training with Igor Spilband in America. He had teamed up with a super partner to represent GB. He did not split them. He was invited to return to France to skate with Pernelle after the breakdown of the partnership with Mathaiu and gave up a very promising pairing and great training situation in order to do this. Lloyd is very talented, driven and dedicated, as any of the several top international coaches Lloyd has worked with, both on and off the ice, would confirm.

And you dont know what is best for Pernelle. She does. She wanted a skating career beyond 2010. It was a great opportunity for Lloyd to skate with Pernelle but he did not instigate it. Also he gave up a lot to skate with her including his place on the British squad and representing his own country with a young talented girl.

No, it did not work for them in Lyon last year - but they did as they did not chose the direction they were sent with the freedance last season. Pernelle has a career which would otherwise be long ended with Mathiau. Lloyd has a different career to the one he would have had if hed not returned to France and Pernelle - but that was his choice. Plenty of people swap partners - its not unusual once situations change.

Lloyd and Pernelle are happy together and working hard for the new season with their new coaches. They chose to skate together because they wanted to and felt it was best for them.

vCash
    Well, you are very wrong. Pernelle would now have no career. Jost was already in his late twenties when they split with heavy commitment outside skating to a full time career job and a family life with new baby.
    Then why did he try to start over from scratch with Orlova after that?

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast