Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vivika1982 View Post
    I am not. And whatever happens with this new coach changing , it may help.Krylova won't try to twist their style and i liked F/S when they worked with her.
    Interview with P/B after FD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-kujlX2wc
    :

Nathalie: It happens, this is sport. I'm not angry with him. My problem is that we've had a super season and we have to end it like this.

Question: What did you think when you fell?

Fabian: I wanted to swear.

Nathalie: I wanted to wake up from the nightmare.

Fabian: We tried to pick up as quickly as possible but we knew that it was over.

Nathalie: When this happens during the circular step seq, when it happens during an element, we know that it's over.

(I've changed the impersonal and the use of the present tense in order to give the real meaning.)

It's such a pity, because apart from that moment, IMO they had the best program and best skate of the evening. Their skating skills are to die for. They would never be given the gold or silver anyway, but now they don't even have the bronze to show for it.

Anyway, this has been by far the best season of Nathalie and Fabian's career so far. I hope when the pain subsides they will remember this.

1st at TEB, 1st at CoC, 2nd at the GPF and European Champions!
    Last edited by Asli; 05-02-2011 at 09:39 AM.

vCash
    [QUOTE=sykr;3167044]
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post

I also have to agree about A/P. Sure, they skated old programs, but they looked simply incredibly good. They still have such chemistry between them and such presence. Marina's looking so beautiful and fit (I'd say even better than ever) and considering how little time they spend together, they were really
    Perhaps this is why they were olympic champions .They have that special something that all champions have

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    Well, Péchalat/Bourzat are not Weaver/Poje
    Hm. W&P have skyrocketed this year. The last time they were at worlds they were something like 17th. Now 5th. IMO Krylova and Camerlengo have worked wonders with W&P. At first I didn't like their FD this year but seeing how they skated it at Worlds and how the Russian fans reacted to it, it really worked for them. I also think they had the best OD of the year this year. So I think P&B will be just fine under K&C.

One thing I have to say about Nathalie, is I really respect the fact that she wasn't angry at Fabian for the fall ala Fusar-Poli. She handled it really maturely.

vCash
    I agree, Krylova and Camerlengo have worked wonders with W/P. They were always pleasing to watch, but technically they used to be rather weak. Two years ago their edges were so flat, I didn't believe it could be corrected after their age. In two years they have become unrecognizable. Plus they have style and originality. Good for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Well, when I watch Weaver and Poje's FD, I'm afraid !
    What do you mean, Weaver/Poje were AMAZING at Worlds.

They should have been on the podium instead of Shibs, IMO.

vCash
    Here's a recent Vanessa James/Morgan Ciprès pairs exhibition video (2011-12 SP): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKb7NH1GI64

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Wow, except for the fall on the throw, ballsily placed as the last element, that was terrific, especially the twist, SBS jumps, and the ice coverage and her strong air position in the lift.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Here's a recent Vanessa James/Morgan Ciprès pairs exhibition video (2011-12 SP): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKb7NH1GI64
    Thanks.

As kwanfan said, an extremely impressive performance. They look really promising.

Certainly will be the number 1 French team next season, if they stay healthy.

Not only was that throw the last element, but the entry was really short.

vCash
    wow, a very good showing! they do look promising, can't wait to see them in competition.
    music otoh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    What do you mean, Weaver/Poje were AMAZING at Worlds.

They should have been on the podium instead of Shibs, IMO.
    Their FD is awful (the music OMG). For me, she moves all the time, but with no sense of the music. Their OD is very good.

That's why I'm afraid. I don't want Pechalat & Bourzat to skate to that kind of music. I want them to be original and creative !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    That's why I'm afraid. I don't want Pechalat & Bourzat to skate to that kind of music. I want them to be original and creative !
    AFAIK Pechalat/Bourzat have often taken the decisions about their music/program choices and their choreographers themselves. This was the case even several years ago when they were lower down in the rankings, so now as European Champions they won't just sit there and accept any music that is given to them.

vCash
    A little off topic, but does anyone know if the guy who used to skate with Adeline Canac, Maximin Coia, has any plans to return to pairs skating, or competitive skating in general? Lats time I had heard he had skated for a while on a cruise ship after the James/Coia "tryout" or whatever it was. While he has his weaknesses as a pairs skater (although he could seem to land sbs jumps well), I think he had a distinctive presence on the ice.

Anyone know the latest?? Thanks in advance!

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Maximin Coïa has worked for Royal Carribean Cruise Line for some time and he is currently back in France. He is going back to Canada in June. But that's all I know, sorry.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xir...e-170511_sport

James/Cipres in Paris. I don't have the time to translate everything. Here are the main points:
    -they are working with Ingo Steuer and things are going well.
    - they are working on the pairs technique and had to re-learn some elements from scratch..for example they are changing their technique on the twist and the throws. Their twist was very flat and now she is much more vertical.
    -the training with Steuer is very precise..toe pointing, lines, work on fundamentals...each element is worked on with great precision.
    -Morgan works on the floor on his strengh for the lifts
    -they started together in September (6-7 months together) Morgan is brand new to pairs.
    -the next competition is the Master and their objective is to compete at Euros and Worlds in Nice next year.
    - their FP is Nostalgia from Yanni (She said:"we already have the LP done" and looks at Morgan and asked him:"What's the name of the program?) The SP and LP are choreographed by Romain Hagenauer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    In French "infiltration" is a medical procedure that consists in injecting a drug (usually anti-inflammatories or hyaluronates against osteo-arthritis) directly in the damaged body part. The inconvenient is sometimes it hurts like hell, the advantage is the drug effect is quicker and better targeted.
    Any updates on Brian Joubert's medical procedure on his left knee that reportedly was scheduled to take place in June?

vCash
    Any updates on Brian Joubert's medical procedure on his left knee that reportedly was scheduled to take place in June?
    Brian told in a recent gala that he won't need the surgery, massage and mesotherapy will be enough to help the knee to heal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    Brian told in a recent gala that he won't need the surgery, massage and mesotherapy will be enough to help the knee to heal.
    Anyone who wants to volunteer can contact him through his official site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Very nice site ! I didn't know it !

vCash
    The Chemnitz Skating Club, thats where Ingo Steuer, coaches lists Daria Popova and Bruno Massot as one of his teams.

http://www.eislaufclub-chemnitz.de/paarlauf.php

I assume they will be representing France?

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast