Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    I loved their Breton OD from 2009-2010. I know it wasn't high on the list of 'voidiest' programs but they interpreted the music really well and their flow across the ice was much improved that season. Zoe & Pierre will be missed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    I loved their Breton OD from 2009-2010. I know it wasn't high on the list of 'voidiest' programs but they interpreted the music really well and their flow across the ice was much improved that season. Zoe & Pierre will be missed.
    Yes. I actually think their performance of that OD at the 2010 Euros was probably their best skate ever in terms of really being into their knees and skating with confidence. They were 17th after the CD, and only the top 16 in the OD would qualify for the FD, so it was great for them to skate so well under the pressure and not only qualify, but actually move up 3 spots overall.

Banned Member
    vCash
    In this interview N/F are telling how it was and is still very difficult for them to deal with the Cyrillic alphabet in Moscow subway. Is it really THAT difficult for speakers of the languages with the Latin alphabet ? I am not talking about speaking Russian. I am talking about the alphabet.
    www.izvestia.ru/sport/article3153452/
    They also told about some trivial difficulties they had to deal with after their moving to Moscow, like cheap apartments where they were accomodated, etc. But now they say they have quite warm feelings to Russia and Russians. Zhulin spoke very high about them, their profesionalism, sporty relationships on the ice, like no serious quarrels/fights. He mentioned that they had very poor technique when they came to his group and they practically had to learn the stuff from the start. Also, Megasport is their home ice, so somehow they feel okay about the rink of the Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    He [Zhulin] mentioned that they had very poor technique when they came to his group and they practically had to learn the stuff from the start.
    I totally disagree with Zhulin. However, he has my two favorite ice dance teams right now, so if he wants to take all the credit, so be it.

vCash
    In this interview N/F are telling how it was and is still very difficult for them to deal with the Cyrillic alphabet in Moscow subway. Is it really THAT difficult for speakers of the languages with the Latin alphabet ?
    OT: for me it was quite easy to learn because it's very similar to (Ancient) Greek which I already knew well, but anyway there're some letters which I always mistake and it's very looong to read something (meaning read, not understand)...I think I'd need hours to get the right subway whenever I'd be in Moscow!

Zhulin is a bit exagerrating, IMO...

vCash
    New interview with Nathalie Péchalat and Fabian Bourzat before Worlds: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Thanks for the link to the article. The reporter made a funny mistake, though when talking about Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat's rivals at Worlds:

"Да, в Москву собираются приехать олимпийские чемпионы и чемпионы мира Тесса Виртю - Скотт Мойр из Канады, вторая пара последних лет Мэрил Дэвис - Чарли Уайт из США, сильные китайские пары... "

"Yes, the Olympic and World Champions Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir of Canada and the number two of the past years, Meryl Davis/Charlie White from the USA as well as strong Chinese couples are coming..."

Prick Admin
    vCash
    In this interview N/F are telling how it was and is still very difficult for them to deal with the Cyrillic alphabet in Moscow subway. Is it really THAT difficult for speakers of the languages with the Latin alphabet ? I am not talking about speaking Russian. I am talking about the alphabet.
    Can't speak for anyone else, but when I was in Russia the signage was ever so slightly disorienting. I probably should have made a better effort in learning the alphabet before I went.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    New interview with Nathalie Péchalat and Fabian Bourzat before Worlds: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

They sound very confident .They're going to have a battle with B/S for that third spot .Does anyone think they have a realistic chance of beating V/M D/W ? Good luck N/F

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Can't speak for anyone else, but when I was in Russia the signage was ever so slightly disorienting. I probably should have made a better effort in learning the alphabet before I went.
    Russians also have to study the Latin alphabet, which is a different thing for them than their native Cyrillic. But I don't know anyone who actually had any serious troubles with that. I wonder when the situaion is the opposite, I mean when someone with the Latin alphabet as native has to study Cyrillic, why is it such a pain for some people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Does anyone think they have a realistic chance of beating V/M D/W ? Good luck N/F
    Probably not, unfortunately.

vCash
    Russians also have to study the Latin alphabet, which is a different thing for them than their native Cyrillic. But I don't know anyone who actually had any serious troubles with that. I wonder when the situaion is the opposite, I mean when someone with the Latin alphabet as native has to study Cyrillic, why is it such a pain for some people.
    It's not. It's just that when you haven't bothered to study it, it's quite difficult to figure out when you're travelling.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    They sound very confident .They're going to have a battle with B/S for that third spot .Does anyone think they have a realistic chance of beating V/M D/W ? Good luck N/F
    It wouldn't surprise me. Neither their FD nor D&W's FD are masterpieces . V&M are an unknown, if their FD turns out to be a challenging, competent, boring dance like D&W's I think P&B have as much chance as ever to skate all their required elements well and and score well enough to win.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Thank you for the icenetwork interview .They sound very confident and i would be more than happy to see them on the top of the Ice Dance World.They worked as hard as the other competitors. Good luck

vCash
    D&W? No.

As for V&M, If P&B can get the levels in the OD and can keep it close to V&M, they might be able to take them on the FD since V&M have no competitive experience with their FD.

I *really* don't see Bobroviev's on the podium even though I'm one of the few that like them. 4th sounds right this year, unless one of the top three really screw up.

vCash
    They sound very confident .They're going to have a battle with B/S for that third spot .Does anyone think they have a realistic chance of beating V/M D/W ?
    IMO Pechalat/Bourzat's skating skills and programs could beat V/M's and D/W's, depending on how everyone skates on the day. These teams are all very close IMO. Upto now P/B's main problem has been consistency and confidence. Their consistency has improved enormously during the last two seasons and I hope that the European gold has given them the confidence to look and skate like champions.

Of course they have the additional problem of V/M and D/W coming into the competition as reigning olympic gold and silver medalists. P/B are the ones who have to prove themselves.

vCash
    I took Russian in college. The first thing they taught us was the alphabet just like in kindergarten when you first learn to write. Just basically tracing a couple of character per day. I don't remember anyone having a problem with it. It took a couple of weeks. However, upon graduation none of us could speak Russian. lol I can sound everything out I just have no idea what it means. But when I pick up a Russian phrasebook and they have something spelled out phonetically I get confused because it never seems to sound like what it should.

Example: ZDRASTvuytye doesn't sound like Здравствуйте to me.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Made4Dancin View Post
    Example: ZDRASTvuytye doesn't sound like Здравствуйте to me.
    Phonetics is another thing. Many sounds are reduced/disappeared in words of a bunch of languages, including English. That's usual. I was asking about the alphabet only. Still it's sad to hear that they couldn't teach you to speak the language.

vCash
    I went to see a show, organized by CSGL Lyon and gymnastics club from Lyon, both were celebriting 30th anniversary.
    All Lyon dancers and coaches were there and the atmosphere was great.
    I don't know if it was mentioned before, but if I understood correctly, Carron and Jones have a new free dance. I don't know the name of the music, but it suits them quitte well. But it's much more classical dance and choreography that the one they had before...
    If anyone's interested, here are my pictures http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...0stars%20Lyon/

vCash
    Thanks for the pictures !
    I don't know if it was mentioned before, but if I understood correctly, Carron and Jones have a new free dance. I don't know the name of the music, but it suits them quitte well. But it's much more classical dance and choreography that the one they had before...
    I hope this is true, I find their FD confusing!

Do you happen to know who are the young dancers? I recongnized Tiffany & Alexis and I *think* this is Marien De La Asuncion but I have no clue for his partner or the other couples.

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast